Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rikster
MVP
MVP

Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by rikster »

Put him in the minors..

Trade for a like bad contract.......

Trade the player and package with a high pick or prized prospect...

These seem to be the options to move Erikkson that are being thrown around ....

I'm going to take a more creative approach to dealing Loui and while I say creative you might say totally bonkers and no way in heck...

But like my teacher always told me, the only bad suggestion is the one you don't make...

Assumptions;

Ottawa wants to be a cap floor team for the next few years...

Ottawa's internal budget is one of the lowest in the league...

Bobby Ryan and Loui Erikkson's production are similar...

So;

The Canucks trade Erikkson to Ottawa for Bobby Ryan...

Why?

Erikkson has 3 years left on his deal at a cap hit of $6.0 and is owed a total of $9.0 in real monies or $3.0 per year...

Ryan has 3 years left on his deal at a cap hit of $7.25 and is owed $20.5 in real monies or 6.83 per year.

Conditions:

Ottawa retains the maximum salary it can under the CBA which is 50% of the contract or $3.625/yr

Total cost to Ottawa in real $ is $3.625 salary retention plus $3.0 in salary for a total of $6.625 which is a bit less than the real $ owed to Ryan....

Ottawa gets a cap hit of Erikkson's $6.0 plus salary retention of $3.625 for a total cap hit of $9.625 per years for a real $ cost of $6.625...

From Vancouver's side;

Ryan's cap hit $7.25 less salary retention of $3.625 leaves a net cap hit of $3.625 which is $2.375 less than the Erikkson cap hit...

Sounds fair...

And if the two teams want to make the deal bigger;

Vancouver trades Baertschi to Ottawa for a draft pick....

For Ottawa:

They get Sven's cap hit of $3.367 for a real $ cost of $2.55 per for the next 2 years....

For Vancouver;

They save $3.367 in cap space

In total;

Ottawa has a cap hit of $9.625 (Erikkson) and $3.367 (Baertschi) for a total cap hit of just shy of $13.0 and the actual $ cost is $9.1

Vancouver saves $5.742 in total cap space and gets Ryan and a pick...

Seems fair to me...

Take care...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Madcombinepilot »

When you said get creative, I thought you meant an AK-47 and a tall tower!!

...but no!!! You had an actual solution!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Buy him a motorcycle?

Too soon?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:40 pm Buy him a motorcycle?

Too soon?
Send him to look at the Great Wall - oh wait he is Swedish, send him to Russia?

Who does not like the Swedes?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Pickton Farms

Too soon?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Get alien to abduct.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I am so sorry I took your post off the rails so fast...

This one is on me
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

No need to apologize, it's Friday... it's summer.... it's Eriksson.... :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Eriksson drags his feet. Horvat throws his clothes in the shower. Eriksson goes back to Sweden.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Picktons aren’t farmers anymore. They do have a big chunks of property out here in Pocompton though. And Brother Dave has a dozen backhoes and at lest that many dump trucks. Probably got a shovel and a bag of lime too.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Tough to find a worse value than Bobby Ryan.. but Eriksson fits the bill. Bobby's a legit 2nd liner here.

Canucks would make out like bandits in that deal. Sold!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I started wearing reading glasses a year or so ago cause I couldn’t read a tape measure anymore or see the bubble on a level. Today I had to take a piss but I never took them off, I then looked in the mirror with the readers on for the first time and became alarmed at what I was seeing mainly at what looked like spider legs hanging outs of my ears, at closer inspection I was surprised to learn that it was ear hair over half an inch long. WTF. I clipped them off then proceeded to give my wife shit for not bringing this to my attention. She says she never noticed. WTF? How can you notice, you not look at me anymore. Fellow old dudes with bad eyesight, don’t look in the mirror with glasses, you’ll be disgusted
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:41 pm I started wearing reading glasses a year or so ago cause I couldn’t read a tape measure anymore or see the bubble on a level. Today I had to take a piss but I never took them off, I then looked in the mirror with the readers on for the first time and became alarmed at what I was seeing mainly at what looked like spider legs hanging outs of my ears, at closer inspection I was surprised to learn that it was ear hair over half an inch long. WTF. I clipped them off then proceeded to give my wife shit for not bringing this to my attention. She says she never noticed. WTF? How can you notice, you not look at me anymore. Fellow old dudes with bad eyesight, don’t look in the mirror with glasses, you’ll be disgusted
Chicken legs sticking out of your Bruce Jenner shorts, a hairy boiler sticking out of your ketchup stained wife beater, a skullet containing 78 pieces of hair, three chins, nostrils that have been blended together due to too many bumps, driving around in a Pinto to work and you complain about a bit of ear hair?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Wow...

Dude just opened up and shared his feelings with his Canucks fellowship in a random Loui Eriksson thread.

I felt bad because my first instinct was to laugh. But then I thought, Dude is crying for help, we can't make fun of him.

But up steps Blob to put my mind at ease :lol:

PS. Cheer up Dude. Go get your ear follicles trimmed and your wife will be looking at you like that again :look:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:56 pm Wow...

Dude just opened up and shared his feelings with his Canucks fellowship in a random Loui Eriksson thread.

I felt bad because my first instinct was to laugh. But then I thought, Dude is crying for help, we can't make fun of him.

But up steps Blob to put my mind at ease :lol:

PS. Cheer up Dude. Go get your ear follicles trimmed and your wife will be looking at you like that again :look:
She stopped looking at me years ago. The ear hairs are proof of it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau