2019/20 Pacific Division

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

micky107
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019/20 Pacific Division

Post by micky107 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 am

1) Flames

2) Golden Knights

3) Canucks

4) Oilers

5) Sharks

6) Coyotes

7) Ducks

8) Kings

can't laugh in advance of april.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:02 pm

micky107 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 am
1) Flames

2) Golden Knights

3) Canucks

4) Oilers

5) Sharks

6) Coyotes

7) Ducks

8) Kings

can't laugh in advance of april.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl ... ades-2019/

I got a kick out of this, they rank San Jose as the 5th most improved team so far this off-season. They basically lost their entire second line and a top-3 defender in Braun. They've added nobody, only managed to retain Eriksson who they had all of last season (minus the injuries of course).

Vancouver added a top-4 defenseman, and a reliable bottom pairing guy in Benn, then added JT Miller and now Ferland. But we get a ranking of 14th.

I could easily see San Jose dropping down the standings this year, I don't see them dropping below the Oilers.

3, 4, and 5, are quite likely going to be a fight between Vancouver, San Jose, and Arizona.

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ESQ » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:13 am

Meds wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:02 pm

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl ... ades-2019/

I got a kick out of this, they rank San Jose as the 5th most improved team so far this off-season. They basically lost their entire second line and a top-3 defender in Braun. They've added nobody, only managed to retain Eriksson who they had all of last season (minus the injuries of course).

Vancouver added a top-4 defenseman, and a reliable bottom pairing guy in Benn, then added JT Miller and now Ferland. But we get a ranking of 14th.

I could easily see San Jose dropping down the standings this year, I don't see them dropping below the Oilers.

3, 4, and 5, are quite likely going to be a fight between Vancouver, San Jose, and Arizona.
That is a bizarre ranking, but I guess if he's assuming Boeser leaves or something it could make sense?

TSN's Oilers preview identifies the D as the biggest weakness, and I agree with Yost that the Sekera buyout makes no sense.