Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cornuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 am
If Kovalchuck isn't good enough for one of the worst team in the NHL, why Is he good for us?!??
Because we're so desperate to see Loui gone?

(I'd rather just waive him and not take on another anchor.)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Kovalchuk only has this year and next left on his deal. The Kings wouldn’t do that deal straight up. Loui is one of the worst players in the NHL. If they can get a couple more guys back waive his ass to Utica and see if he might not just retire at the end of the season.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 am
If Kovalchuck isn't good enough for one of the worst team in the NHL, why Is he good for us?!??

sure. but if we are swapping boat anchors, make sure you don't get a heavier anchor. Is the extra salary from Kovie worth the extra year from Ericsson?

you put Loui on a bus in Utica, we will see how far the rest of his contract goes before he thinks he has made enough money to be moving to Dallas with his hottie wife is a good idea....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:06 am
Cornuck wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 am

sure. but if we are swapping boat anchors, make sure you don't get a heavier anchor. Is the extra salary from Kovie worth the extra year from Ericsson?

you put Loui on a bus in Utica, we will see how far the rest of his contract goes before he thinks he has made enough money to be moving to Dallas with his hottie wife is a good idea....
Unlike Ericksson, if Kovie retires he's not off the books.
If the team have inside info that Ericksson is definitely riding out his contract, then maybe it doesn't matter, but if they don't then I think this is a significant factor.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

right. That's why I hang onto Loui over Kovie. When you have already been paid 33 of 36 million, if you ride the Utica bus this year, you will think long and hard on July 2nd if that last little bit is worth it or not, or if you want to strain a groin and end up on LTIR for the next couple years, or if you simply want to retire and spend time with the hottie you married and your rugrats…

Benning needs to make sure Loui has those thoughts while riding the bus this year.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:37 am right. That's why I hang onto Loui over Kovie. When you have already been paid 33 of 36 million, if you ride the Utica bus this year, you will think long and hard on July 2nd if that last little bit is worth it or not, or if you want to strain a groin and end up on LTIR for the next couple years, or if you simply want to retire and spend time with the hottie you married and your rugrats…

Benning needs to make sure Loui has those thoughts while riding the bus this year.
+1 Good Post.
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

micky107 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:14 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:37 am right. That's why I hang onto Loui over Kovie. When you have already been paid 33 of 36 million, if you ride the Utica bus this year, you will think long and hard on July 2nd if that last little bit is worth it or not, or if you want to strain a groin and end up on LTIR for the next couple years, or if you simply want to retire and spend time with the hottie you married and your rugrats…

+1 Good Post.
He can start by benching Loui, and sticking McEwen in the lineup. We need a bit of fire right now. Loui looks like poster child of why you should not allow weed in the workplace.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He won’t get the bonus he’s due on July 1, 2020 if he packs it in next year. So it’s a bit more than 3 mill he’s walking away from. Wait till closer to Christmas time and send him down then. Put him as the 13/14 forward in Utica for the rest of the year and see how he likes it. Break his spirit.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Kings would want a sweetener to take on that extra year of Loui $6M cap hit.
Escaping one year of $6M AAV would be a bonanza for this franchise.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:16 pm Kings would want a sweetener to take on that extra year of Loui $6M cap hit.
Thanks Captain Obvious, I already pointed that out.

Olaf, a 3rd and Lind enough?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:00 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:16 pm Kings would want a sweetener to take on that extra year of Loui $6M cap hit.
Thanks Captain Obvious, I already pointed that out.

Olaf, a 3rd and Lind enough?
Holy overpayment.

All Holland from Edmonton had to do to move Milan Lucic (a far worse contract than Loui) was add a conditional third-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft and retain 12.5 percent on Lucic to get Neal.

Brad Treliving and I talked about this leading into the [2019 NHL Draft], in June sometime," Edmonton general manager Ken Holland said. "All trades are difficult. Some trades, you talk and talk and talk and ultimately you get to a point where you find a solution. Certainly the reason these guys got these contracts is that they've been really good players, and they've got to these teams and then they haven't performed at the level they did prior to that."

--

"It made sense for us because I think we've added a different type of player to our mix," Treliving said. "At the end of the day, you hope it works out for everybody. I think both guys were probably in a situation where they could benefit from a change in scenery.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I've decided, I'll do Loui for Jamie Benn now.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:27 pm I've decided, I'll do Loui for Jamie Benn now.
Why does Dallas do this? Or are you buying in to the Chef’s paint thinner induced proclamation that Benn is garbage? Just like Mackinnon, ROR, Tavares, Couturier, Horvat etc??
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:30 pm
ESQ wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:27 pm I've decided, I'll do Loui for Jamie Benn now.
Why does Dallas do this? Or are you buying in to the Chef’s paint thinner induced proclamation that Benn is garbage? Just like Mackinnon, ROR, Tavares, Couturier, Horvat etc??
Kevin Hayes - 4 goals 4 assists $7 million

Tavares - 104th in scoring $11 million

Benn 4 goals $9.5 million
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:55 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:30 pm
Kevin Hayes - 4 goals 4 assists $7 million

Tavares - 104th in scoring $11 million

Benn 4 goals $9.5 million
Another weak comeback

Bravo! Bravo!

He wears the tights proudly folks with his little bird legs :lol: