Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s smart of you to dodge my question. You know Benning had fuck all to do with Boston’s success
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

All the staffers get their day with the cup
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:06 pm It’s smart of you to dodge my question. You know Benning had fuck all to do with Boston’s success
You think lame duck gorton did all that?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:38 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:06 pm It’s smart of you to dodge my question. You know Benning had fuck all to do with Boston’s success
You think lame duck gorton did all that?
Benning was not hired until mid summer of 2006. Do you think he was pulling strings while he was still employed by Buffalo?

For the record I like some of the work he’s done here.

But all of the core on that 2011 team preceded him. That shit is all black and white and easy to research. The drafting was poor while he was there. It’s been pretty good since. I’m not sure if he was heavily involved on the pro side of things or the amateur. Either way the core was brought in by Gorton and Chia. And the new emerging core is all Don Sweeney and Scott Bradley.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“They were Gillis players cause Gillis re-signed them” - Blob

even though they were brought in by other GM’s like he says regarding Benning in Boston
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 pm “They were Gillis players cause Gillis re-signed them” - Blob

even though they were brought in by other GM’s like he says regarding Benning in Boston
Which players did Benning bring to Boston?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

That was chias' baby.

Jim was the guy going to pick up the take out and drop off the call girls.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:18 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 pm “They were Gillis players cause Gillis re-signed them” - Blob

Did he keep key core players that were already there before he arrived in 2006, like Gillis? That seems to matter to you when it comes to giving credit where credit is due “but he re-signed the Sedins etc, etc, etc”

Benning.was hired in the summer of 2006 by Boston, as you said. They didn’t win the cup until 5 years later in the summer of 2011. A lot of changes can happen in an organization in 5 years, no? Like re-signing players? Like you say about Gillis?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Do you know who chia played with at Harvard?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Did he keep key core players that were already there before he arrived in 2006, like Gillis? That seems to matter to you when it comes to giving credit where credit is due “but he re-signed the Sedins etc, etc, etc”

Benning.was hired in the summer of 2006 by Boston, as you said. They didn’t win the cup until 5 years later in the summer of 2011. A lot of changes can happen in an organization in 5 years, no? Like re-signing players? Like you say about Gillis?
Proved my point. Thank you. You can’t answer the question because you hate the answer
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“But Gillis re-signed players that were here before him” - Blob

Apparently that means a lot to Blob. But it doesn’t count for Benning. 5 years in Boston before they won the cup in 2011. 5 years. Means nothing apparently. “but Gillis re-signed them”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Which players did Elmer get for Boston?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:48 pm Which players did Elmer get for Boston?
Hired by the Boston Bruins in 2006 before winning the cup in 2011. I guess the assistant GM Benning did sweet FA in those 5 years. They just liked having him around for 5 years of shits and giggles

Meanwhile Gillis gets a mulligan for re-signing players that were there prior to him and didn’t win a cup

Blobs classic goal post moving
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:59 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:48 pm Which players did Elmer get for Boston?
Hired by the Boston Bruins in 2006 before winning the cup in 2011. I guess the assistant GM Benning did sweet FA in those 5 years. They just liked having him around for 5 years of shits and giggles

Meanwhile Gillis gets a mulligan for re-signing players that were there prior to him and didn’t win a cup

Blobs classic goal post moving
Name some of the core players Jim Benning acquired for the Boston Bruins.