Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:42 pm Okay so let's say there's a deal in place with Ottawa but Loui refuses to waive.

Canucks put Loui on waivers and Sens claim him.

The next day Canucks trade Tryamkin + Goldie to Ottawa for a 4th round pick.

Eh? .... EH?? .... EH??!!! Image
Wow, what would be the fallout out that deliciously evil move?

I imagine it would be up to the PA to grieve it as NTC circumvention, but technically the terms of the contract were honored...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Something will happen with Loui Lou-eye. I’d be shell shocked if he was at training camp. He’s such an a-hole
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

@MSmithCanes
The #Canes and Brock McGinn avoid arbitration today with a two-year, $4.2 million contract worth $1.9 million in 2019-20 and $2.3 million in 2020-21.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

One guy I'd target for a Olli Juolevi trade within the next year (when OJ gets healthy) is center Devils Michael McLeod, drafted same year as OJ and the Devils are now stacked at center with Hischier, Hughes, Zajac and Pavel Zacha.

NJD are kinda deep on RD with PK Subban, Severson and Carrick, right shot Vatanen don't know what they'll do with him.

But on LD they only Butcher and Ty Smith long term outlook.

McLeod would be a solid #3C imo, fast, good playmaker and good on faceoffs 53% winning last season, this allows us to move Sutter.
I know people wish for Gaudette to be the #3C, but he is poor on faceoffs still, also is known more for being a shooter rather than a playmaker, which means he's more suited for a winger position imesho, his college years he almost has more goals than assists.

If this happens, then we don't have to protect OJ in the expansion draft, we can protect Myers, Tryamkin and Stecher for example.
#NJDevils managing partner Josh Harris: “We’re not done. Ray is working hard, wheeling and dealing. I don’t mean to portend any (specific) moves, but we’re not done.”
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Why you down on Ollie?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

rats19 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:44 pm Why you down on Ollie?
I'm not, just an ideal machine bro.

My worry is he outscores McLeod lol, these Finland folks especially dmen take a bit to come around to the NHL game, but once OJ gets going he's going to be a heck of a dman.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SKYO wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:53 pm

My worry is he outscores McLeod lol, these Finland folks especially dmen take a bit to come around to the NHL game, but once OJ gets going he's going to be a heck of a dman.
I’ve got an idea.... let’s keep him... lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:53 pm

My worry is he outscores McLeod lol, these Finland folks especially dmen take a bit to come around to the NHL game, but
once OJ gets going he's going to be a heck of a dman.
The Juice is gonna ROCK the NHL. :rockin:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Never heard of this idea:
Eriksson
for
Our old buddy Kesler

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-july-26-2019/

Not sure how this would work as Kes's cap hit is actually higher than Loui's. I guess the Ducks would have to eat a big portion of that salary and maybe if Kes goes on LTIR. Kes can then be a player's coach and help our young centres like Hockey Gaud, Petey and some of the young guys in the system like Madden. :P
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:57 am Never heard of this idea:
Eriksson
for
Our old buddy Kesler

Not sure how this would work as Kes's cap hit is actually higher than Loui's. I guess the Ducks would have to eat a big portion of that salary and maybe if Kes goes on LTIR. Kes can then be a player's coach and help our young centres like Hockey Gaud, Petey and some of the young guys in the system like Madden. :P
Only in the summer Todd... :lol: :lol: Have a laugh..
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Move Baertschi for a pick.

I'd swap Sutter for Wennberg, I think Wennberg is in Torts doghouse - he most definitely needs a change of scenery.

Sutter imo would be more of Torts player vs Wennberg.

I'd get Wennberg for our 3rd line C, as his playmaking ability would be superb to help our depth wingers out like Goldy, Virtanen, Gaud and Leivo score more. In itself Wennberg helping the depth wingers score more would be a boon, as we know Sutter can't pass well at all, get a 3rd line of attack going would bode well for this franchise moving forward.

Wennberg is a natural playmaker - total NHL: 358 games 35 goals 144 assists. 3 years left @ $4.9M per, no bonuses and has no clauses, AW's possession metrics CF% the past 4 yrs has been at 50% to 53.7%. :thumbs:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:57 am Never heard of this idea:
Eriksson
for
Our old buddy Kesler

viewtopic.php?p=349331#p349331

Not gonna happen...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I like the depth and prospects we have @ the forward position. We're working in Demko and we have some guys who have potential in goaltending. We improved our D and have some guys coming along in the backend; however, I think we're missing a RS D with a big shot from the point (a guy like Salo/Aucoin would be perfect). I know Evan Bouchard is that type of player and it'd be awesome to get a player like that in our system.

Bouchard
for
Juolevi + (Baertschi or Golds).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:49 pm I like the depth and prospects we have @ the forward position. We're working in Demko and we have some guys who have potential in goaltending. We improved our D and have some guys coming along in the backend; however, I think we're missing a RS D with a big shot from the point (a guy like Salo/Aucoin would be perfect). I know Evan Bouchard is that type of player and it'd be awesome to get a player like that in our system.

Bouchard
for
Juolevi + (Baertschi or Golds).
Well apparently the Rags are in the process of buying out Shattenkirk... how bout him? :mex:

Or not, I think I remember him wanting to play only in the eastern US, watch Tampa scoop him on the cheap.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Big no to captain shattenkirk thanks. Eternally overrated IMO
If you need air...call it in