Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:55 pm https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks ... ter-rumour

Some talks that Nucks are looking to move Tan-man, Sutter & Schaller. Moving Sutter would make a lot of ppl happy on this board. We'd be selling low on those guys, but Schaller was never worth much anyways. If we moved Tanev, not sure I'm comfortable with a trio of: Myers, Stecher & BullDawg.
Good link and I believe it. They'll do it and Ferland will be here. Yes siree, dagnabbit. Don't worry Todd; That trio's fine and in reality, Tanevs' not really here much anyways.
Ferland is a 27-year-old power forward who can contribute offensively. The former Flames winger scored 40 points in 71 games with the Carolina Hurricanes last season
And keep jake too. this guy can teach him.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

If we could somehow clear Eriksson' 3 yr contract, that would really help alleviate the Luongo 3 yr recapture.
(yes obvious, just sayin eheh)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:29 am If we could somehow clear Eriksson' 3 yr contract, that would really help alleviate the Luongo 3 yr recapture.
Eriksson + Woo might do it. Maybe Eriksson + Demko. They might have to throw another 2nd in with each of those guys. I think they might be better off to cut him on the 1st day of camp and see if he will report to Utica.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:32 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:29 am If we could somehow clear Eriksson' 3 yr contract, that would really help alleviate the Luongo 3 yr recapture.
Eriksson + Woo might do it. Maybe Eriksson + Demko. They might have to throw another 2nd in with each of those guys. I think they might be better off to cut him on the 1st day of camp and see if he will report to Utica.
Blob you are out to lunch with those valuations.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Gagner him all the way. I wouldn’t even have him playing with the split squad in the preseason. He’ll either get so pissed that his performance will get back to NHL level and become a call-up option, or he’ll not be seen again on the Canucks. Then he can decide to retire or not.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

This was just brought up on the radio today. I posted the question in the media thread.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Teuvo Teravainen and Bryan Bickell.
Lawson Crouse and Dave Bolland.

Seems the cost is one young forward as the popular sweetener to move a contract.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:08 am
Teuvo Teravainen and Bryan Bickell.
Lawson Crouse and Dave Bolland.

Seems the cost is one young forward as the popular sweetener to move a contract.
Adam Gaudette and Eriksson
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:43 am
Blob you are out to lunch with those valuations.
I’m not saying I’d do it. He is owed 18 on the cap and he’s a useless piece of shit. Teams will make Elmer pay up to absorb that. Ottawa is getting close to the floor. Why would they want a lazy cunt like Louie on their roster unless you make it worth their while. They don’t want to suck forever, maybe they can turn it around in a year or two but they still have that boat anchor sucking off the team.

Gadjovich or Lind alone ain’t going to get it done. Maybe Jake ... not sure if that’s enough. I value Woo and Demko over Jake myself.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

So if we dump Eriksson in the AHL, which I think is the best option right now, how much cap savings would we actually have?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Talk to Lockwood about where he "really" wants to play. Minnie comes to mind.
Still wouldn't be enough, OK, and a 2nd.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

theman wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:53 am So if we dump Eriksson in the AHL, which I think is the best option right now, how much cap savings would we actually have?
Someone said ~$900k - $1M.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:29 am
theman wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:53 am So if we dump Eriksson in the AHL, which I think is the best option right now, how much cap savings would we actually have?
If he doesn't report and retires, we have $5 million in cap re capture, spread over the remaining 3 years (I think?). So that saves $4.33 in cap space.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:56 am
If he doesn't report and retires, we have $5 million in cap re capture, spread over the remaining 3 years (I think?). So that saves $4.33 in cap space.
Even just that much extra cap would mean a ton right now. Not to mention a less forlorn roster.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:56 am
Better off to just add the sweetener and move Eriksson asap, his bonus is paid, he's moveable with his lower salary, high cap, not to mention he's still a serviceable player.

Unless we just use him like Backes or Callahan as an expensive 4th line winger, but LE stated he's not happy in that role.