Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:54 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:43 pm And then there was the recent Canucks Army piece that said he was the least engaged and productive player on the Canucks in the post season. Obviously Green had enough. He scratched him 8 straight. The guy is done. Probably my most hated Canuck ever.
Personally I can’t stand the look of him..
Don't encourage Blob right now Ratski, he's seething in an alcoholic rage. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm
theman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:25 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:21 pm
theman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:17 pm Posted this earlier, but I think the best we can hope for, other than him being a 'throw in' for a blockbuster trade is:

Loui (50% retained) + 3rd round pick for future considerations (something like a 7th round pick)

We loose a decent asset but get 3 mil in cap savings. That I think might be the best we can hope for.

I would rather send him to Utica and get 1 mil in savings then give up a 1st.
If 6 million dollar cap hit (Marleau) is worth a 1st,
And a 5 million cap hit (Stall) is worth a second,

Then why is a 3 million hit (50% of Loise) that only costs 1 million worth a Third?
1. Other teams know they have the Canucks 'by the balls' so they can try to leverage that to get a higher pick from us?
2. Benning has a bad poker face.
3. Loui has two years left on his contract. Stall has one year, how many more years does Marleau have?
In the case of Marleau, the Canes agreed to carry a $6M cap hit and pay $4.6M real dollars to a player they had to buy out.

They had the extra cap space anyway, so essentially Carolina bought a 1st round pick for $4.6M.

Not the same as a Eriksson dump, as the receiving team in this case would getting the services of an okay 4th-line penalty-killer.

Is Loui worth the $2.5M-per real bucks he'd be receiving in that role?

No, probably only a half of that, so a sweetener would be added to the deal.

In my mind I have no doubt Jimmy will dump Loui's entire cap hit by attaching a sweetener to him.
So, hypothetically speaking, .............................would you spend next year's 1st to get 6mil in extra cap space over the next two years?

Honestly, not sure I would.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

theman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:03 pm So, hypothetically speaking, .............................would you spend next year's 1st to get 6mil in extra cap space over the next two years?

I would... if that was the rock bottom price.

But I think Canucks can unload Loui by attaching a much smaller asset than that.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:54 pm
theman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:17 pm Posted this earlier, but I think the best we can hope for, other than him being a 'throw in' for a blockbuster trade is:

Loui (50% retained) + 3rd round pick for future considerations (something like a 7th round pick)

We loose a decent asset but get 3 mil in cap savings. That I think might be the best we can hope for.

I liked Sl trade which was Demko + LE and we receive a 2nd back.

If Demko is the starting goalie we all thought then a younger team like Ottawa/Detroit might do this deal knowing that LE will be gone before they need his space and they just picked up one of the most promising young goalies in the market.
That is the kind of deal i can see happening mainly because it will divide the fan base in half and thats the way we like it
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 pm
theman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:03 pm So, hypothetically speaking, .............................would you spend next year's 1st to get 6mil in extra cap space over the next two years?

But I think Canucks can unload Loui by attaching a much smaller asset than that.
Sorry, wrote it wrong it is '6mil in extra cap space for each of the next two years?'

For sure it would make giving up a single 1st round pick easier to swallow but still not sure if the Canucks should.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Like The the aforementioned 2nd or 3rd?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think Lois plays out the string here much to Hargraves’ disgust. :twisted:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

We could maybe package Loui with a second a year from now. it's conceivable.
el rey del mambo
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:22 pm I think Lois plays out the string here much to Hargraves’ disgust. :twisted:
Yep. The best the Canucks can do is send him to the minors next season and save $1,075,000 on their Cap then buy him out in 2121 which will be $4 mil cap hit then and $1 mil in 2022. I don't see the Canucks having the assets or the draft picks to make it viable for any team to accept LE and he's not walking away from $4 mil he'll get for playing in the minors and being bought out. It's ironic the Aqua boys fired Cheeseburger Nonis for incompetence then approved a similar buyout proof contract to LE that Cheeseburger gave to Clarkson in Leafland, which got the Cheeseburger Boy canned in TO.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

mr perfect wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:05 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:22 pm I think Lois plays out the string here much to Hargraves’ disgust. :twisted:
Yep. The best the Canucks can do is send him to the minors next season and save $1,075,000 on their Cap then buy him out in 2121 which will be $4 mil cap hit then and $1 mil in 2022. I don't see the Canucks having the assets or the draft picks to make it viable for any team to accept LE and he's not walking away from $4 mil he'll get for playing in the minors and being bought out. It's ironic the Aqua boys fired Cheeseburger Nonis for incompetence then approved a similar buyout proof contract to LE that Cheeseburger gave to Clarkson in Leafland, which got the Cheeseburger Boy canned in TO.
Or trade Loui Eriksson for a dman who has 1 yr left on his contract.

Goligoski $5.475M
Niklas Hjalmarsson $5M
Patrik Nemeth $3M
Brendan Smith (yeesh) $4.35M)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:20 pm
mr perfect wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:05 pm
Or trade Loui Eriksson for a dman who has 1 yr left on his contract.

Goligoski $5.475M
Niklas Hjalmarsson $5M
Patrik Nemeth $3M
Brendan Smith (yeesh) $4.35M)
Lois has two years left... try to keep up lil Gomes
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:10 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:54 pm

I liked Sl trade which was Demko + LE and we receive a 2nd back.

If Demko is the starting goalie we all thought then a younger team like Ottawa/Detroit might do this deal knowing that LE will be gone before they need his space and they just picked up one of the most promising young goalies in the market.
That is the kind of deal i can see happening mainly because it will divide the fan base in half and thats the way we like it
If a young talent like Demko is going out with Loui then there sure as shit better be no salary retention.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sens need young bodies:

Stecher, Virtanen, Baertschi to Ottawa for a 2nd + 3rd.

Use those picks to dump Eriksson to Detroit or somewhere like that.

done deal.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:25 pm Sens need young bodies:

done deal.
That actually kinda makes sense.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:25 pm Sens need young bodies:

done deal.
I like the way you slipped Bartie in there and made it still look somewhat palatable. :D
el rey del mambo