Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Curmudgeon »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:47 am
Mostly I think. The Beagle and Roussel signings kinda stink. Ferland was bad luck, but for the most part Elmer has done a lot of good things since the calendar moved into 2017. But you have to admit that summer of 2016 was about as ugly as Rosie O’Donnell in a thong sitting on Gomer’s face.
Not the Saturday morning breakfast visual I was expecting.....
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:14 am
Mostly I think. The Beagle and Roussel signings kinda stink. Ferland was bad luck, but for the most part Elmer has done a lot of good things since the calendar moved into 2017. But you have to admit that summer of 2016 was about as ugly as Rosie O’Donnell in a thong sitting on Gomer’s face.
Once i beat off to the thought of it i was repulsed
If you need air...call it in
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:38 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:14 am
Once i beat off to the thought of it i was repulsed
Then off to the penalty box you went and you felt shame.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It isn't easy to look at to this day. Now on to the business at hand...........

"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:39 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:24 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:03 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:51 am I can definitely see Toews going home but not the other 2.
To be honest I think Kane to Buffalo makes a ton of sense. He could be what Miller was to us. Huge pressure to win in Buffalo now, the fans are done with losing. They have a ton of good prospects to move out. I’d have Chicago take Okposo if they want Quinn or Cozens
Isn’t Okposo buffalos version of Louise? A 6million dollar marginal 4th line player.
Okposo actually gave the Sabres a couple decent years unlike Louise. He has had injury problems that have led to his demise. Eriksson is just a lazy prick that steals from the team. But at this stage both are on poor contracts. Summer of 2016 wasn’t good for UFA. It was especially tough on Vancouver. They signed Eriksson, traded for Gudbranson and drafted Juolevi.
McCann is a bum, the Penguins don’t like him anymore. Put him in that Ho Sang, Duclair category. The player drafted with the 2nd is a bum. The Canucks have actually failed well with Pearson.

The book is written on Juolevi
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Juolevi will be raising Doyles heavy eyelids next camp.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:21 am Juolevi will be raising Doyles heavy eyelids next camp.
Juolevi and this Finn we drafted in the 3rd round will become buds, motivated Canuckleheads.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

McCann just re- upped. He’s a decent third line player who would be better than all but five Vancouver forwards right now. Who cares who another GM would have picked? Elmer probably would have picked a different player who may have turned out. Pearson has nothing to do with the original trade at all. Olaf needs to get going. Eriksson has been a poisonous asshole from Day 1.

It was an ugly summer Chef. Even uglier than Rosie O’Donnell in a thong sitting on Gomer’s grill chomping on his dink.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen Doyle’s Boil, McCann is a bum. Olaf is about to skyrocket. Didn’t we draft Lockwood in 2016? He’s a good prospect
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:24 am McCann just re- upped. He’s a decent third line player who would be better than all but five Vancouver forwards right now. Who cares who another GM would have picked? Elmer probably would have picked a different player who may have turned out. Pearson has nothing to do with the original trade at all. Olaf needs to get going. Eriksson has been a poisonous asshole from Day 1.

It was an ugly summer Chef. Even uglier than Rosie O’Donnell in a thong sitting on my nose thinking it was my dink.
If Juolevi doesn't make it this year he probably never will in the NHL and just go back to Europe and try and find something.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Micky wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:34 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:24 am McCann just re- upped. He’s a decent third line player who would be better than all but five Vancouver forwards right now. Who cares who another GM would have picked? Elmer probably would have picked a different player who may have turned out. Pearson has nothing to do with the original trade at all. Olaf needs to get going. Eriksson has been a poisonous asshole from Day 1.

It was an ugly summer Chef. Even uglier than Rosie O’Donnell in a thong sitting on my nose thinking it was my dink.
If Juolevi doesn't make it this year he probably never will in the NHL and just go back to Europe and try and find something.
Finnish all time NHL scoring dmen #3 Lumme and #6 Salo didn't play their first full NHL seasons till they were about 24 yrs old & 25 yrs old. Patience Micky.

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/nationa ... stats.html
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Olli needs to take a course that's the opposite of anger management. ;) His career will take off if he can play with some confidence. Maybe he'll
learn high intensity better at the NHL level. In junior, he really use to drive the play. That is what caught so much interest. Didn't hurt he had a
great shot. I remember him taking that shot from either side too.
Damn injuries have kept his development slow though. That kills the confidence some. The more time he spends around the big club the more I
like his chances.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:25 am
Micky wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:34 am

Finnish all time NHL scoring dmen #3 Lumme and #6 Salo didn't play their first full NHL seasons till they were about 24 yrs old & 25 yrs old. Patience Micky.

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/nationa ... stats.html
They didn’t cross the pond until they were 22 in Lumme’s case and and 24 in Salo’s case. Salo was drafted in the 9th round as a 22 year old, came over two years later and immediately made the Senators. Lumme was drafted as a 20 year old in the 3rd round and came over at 22 and bounced between the Habs and the farm team. Montreal had a stacked team that year. Their D had Larry Robinson, Chris Chelios, Petr Sovoboda, Rick Green, Eric Desjardins and Craig Ludwig. They went to the finals that year. Lumme still got into 25 games.

These comparisons make little sense other than all three guys are from Finland. Salo and Lumme were late bloomers that were late draft picks and they worked their asses off to get to and stay in the NHL. Juolevi is a top 5 pick who came over here at 17 and almost five years after he’s been drafted has six minutes of NHL duty under his belt. You’d be better off comparing him to recent top picks that took five plus years to get their careers going due to injuries and indifferent play but still turned into solid players. I’d assume that list is pretty short. Comparing him to late round guys that were long shots to ever make it makes no sense.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

If OJ looks like he did for the mini-camp and play-in then we have an NHL player. He looked ready

If the glove dont fit....you must acquit Doyle
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:29 am If OJ looks like he did for the mini-camp and play-in then we have an NHL player. He looked ready

If the glove dont fit....you must acquit Doyle
I wasn’t aware you watched the mini camp. He played six minutes in the game against the Wild. I’m not saying he will never be a player, I’ve never said that. I don’t however think he’s going to turn into an impact D man. It was a blown pick, that’s what has been my point for years. He needs to start proving he’s an NHL player this coming season. Just fill me in on recent top 10 picks that have taken five + years to make it and have turned into good players.