Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:32 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:24 am
micky107 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:36 amAnd mopey.
I wish I could be "mopey"...

Like not just in that 'quiet, twiddling my fingers and playing with myself' kinda way, but more that 'Eeyore: woe is me, the sky is always cloudy, wind in my face and it's snowing' kinda way... you know, like Blob :lol: ;)
If Benning wins the cup for us, Blob will still mope. Why? Benning didn’t draft the Turtle
Cool story. Right up there with Dick’s story that Benning traded for Rask, drafted Lucic, Kessel and Marchand all while he was still an employee of the Buffalo Sabres.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:41 am

Like not just in that 'quiet, twiddling my fingers and playing with myself' kinda way, but more that 'Eeyore: woe is me, the sky is always cloudy, wind in my face and it's snowing' kinda way... you know, like Blob :lol: ;)
If Benning wins the cup for us, Blob will still mope. Why? Benning didn’t draft the Turtle
Cool story. Right up there with Dick’s story that Benning traded for Rask, drafted Lucic, Kessel and Marchand all while he was still an employee of the Buffalo Sabres.
Sort of like how you credit Gillis for the likes of Edler, Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa, Kesler, Salo, Luongo etc., because he - in your own words “resigned them” even through they were there before Gillis started his first day on the job
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:56 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:41 am

Sort of like how you credit Gillis for the likes of Edler, Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa, Kesler, Salo, Luongo etc., because he - in your own words “resigned them” even through they were there before Gillis started his first day on the job
That was in response to the tards that said Jim Benning built the Bruins. The drafting stunk while he was there and all the good players that were and are there were acquired before or after his tenure. They drafted one good player in his time there- Tyler Seguin and he was a layup at #2.

So again... are you one of the meat puppets that think Benning built the Bruins?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You can’t have your cake and eat it Bubbles

“Benning had nothing to do with the players already in Boston’s system who won them the cup in 2011”

“Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Edler, Salo, Luongo, Hansen, Raymond etc are Gillis players cause he resigned them” even though they were brought in by previous Mgmt.

Hmm
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am You can’t have your cake and eat it Bubbles

“Benning had nothing to do with the players already in Boston’s system who won them the cup in 2011”

“Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Edler, Salo, Luongo, Hansen, Raymond etc are Gillis players cause he resigned them” even though they were brought in by previous Mgmt.

Hmm
So you agree Elmer had little to do with the Bruins cup in 2011 and little to do with their current success.

Thank you
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:54 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am You can’t have your cake and eat it Bubbles

Hmm
So you agree Elmer had little to do with the Bruins cup in 2011 and little to do with their current success.

Thank you
Do you agree Gillis had little to do with going to the cup finals in 2011?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:57 am

Hmm

Thank you
He had more to do with it than Elmer did in Boston, but neither was the main architect of either team
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:01 am

Hmm

Thank you
He had more to do with it than Elmer did in Boston,
:lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:01 am

Hmm

Thank you
He had more to do with it than Elmer did in Boston,
:lol:
Name to me the good players Elmer acquired for Boston
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

New avatar for ya Blob! :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:41 am Image

New avatar for ya Blob! :mrgreen:
Lol I just want Johnny Spandex to actually debate instead of spewing bullshit. But he appears to be scared to engage
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So Blab, I don’t understand

You give Gillis credit for getting to the finals with a core of players provided by previous front offices cause he, in your words “resigned them” but won’t give credit to Benning for winning the cup with players provided by other front office staff? How is that different?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:16 pm I don’t understand

No shit :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:48 am he appears to be scared to engage
But he’s good at lobbing red herrings around and building straw men
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Answer the question!!!!

Blab - “but Gillis resigned them...”

Blab - “They are not Benning’s players”

Explain Hoss!

Blab’s 2011 goal post moving