Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Until Baertschi deals with his apprehension in his game due to his concussion concerns I hate to say it, he is where he belongs.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Brethren I think this is the first year I don't want a trade from the franchise.

Team is well built up front for the first time in a long time, got a lot more weapons of mass destruction, finally got some size and muscle along with new prospects developing continually.

DEFENSE my biggest concern since Ehrhoff left finally has the right amount of weapons to be a solid top 6.

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher

Edler #1 dman, Myers big brute with some skating and scoring skills.
Hughes, Huey, Hugsy, Q young electric scoring phenom the missing piece of the scoring puzzle to the young nucleous of power that is Petey/Horvat/Boeser. Tanev finally found his QB partner.
Benn the muscle - Stecher the untapped scoring depth dman.

Marky/Demko a solid goalie pairing.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:46 pm Brethren I think this is the first year I don't want a trade from the franchise.

Team is well built up front for the first time in a long time, got a lot more weapons of mass destruction, finally got some size and muscle along with new prospects developing continually.

DEFENSE my biggest concern since Ehrhoff left finally has the right amount of weapons to be a solid top 6.

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher

Hughes, Huey, Hugsy, Q young electric scoring phenom the missing piece of the scoring puzzle to the young nucleous of power that is Petey/Horvat/Boeser. Tanev finally found his QB partner.

Fuck ya Skyo. I'm enjoying this ride...its like an unfurling fern
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Sounds like the Canes are making a pitch for Jesse Puljujarvi.

How about swapping guys from that same draft class?

Puljujarvi
for
Juolevi?

Both guys have been disappointing for their franchise and could prob use a change of scenery. :P
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:31 am Sounds like the Canes are making a pitch for Jesse Puljujarvi.

Puljujarvi
for
Juolevi?

Both guys have been disappointing for their franchise and could prob use a change of scenery. :P
Juolevi has been a disappointment due to set backs in his development from a knee and back surgery all within 6 months of each other

Puljujarvi has been a disappointment from actual play in the NHL

We don’t know Juolevi’s NHL ceiling due to injuries. The NHL has seen a lot of Puljujarvi and so far not so good.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:06 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:31 am Sounds like the Canes are making a pitch for Jesse Puljujarvi.

Puljujarvi
for
Juolevi?

Juolevi has been a disappointment due to set backs in his development from a knee and back surgery all within 6 months of each other

Puljujarvi has been a disappointment from actual play in the NHL

We don’t know Juolevi’s NHL ceiling due to injuries. The NHL has seen a lot of Puljujarvi and so far not so good.
Edler getting older, Stecher, we've seen all there is probably. Benn aint no spring chicken. Tanev gets ouched a bunch. We might have a Woo
and some other hopefuls.

Better keep the Oli work going. D-men are so f>>>>>g hard to come by.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I guess the Canes are toying with the idea of Aho maybe being able to fix Puljujarvi. Not sure if that brain is fixable
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:47 am Edler getting older, Stecher, we've seen all there is probably. Benn aint no spring chicken. Tanev gets ouched a bunch. We might have a Woo
and some other hopefuls.

Better keep the Oli work going. D-men are so f>>>>>g hard to come by.
Hughes, Woo, Juolevi... maybe a couple of Tryamkin/Rafferty/Brisebois/Teves/Chatfield/Eliot.

Myers and Tanev might be around for 5 years.

Agree we should not consider trading Oli (for Pool Party??) :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I like Puljujarvi's upside more than Virtanen though, those few games I've watched Puljuj vs the Canucks he seemed dangerous around the net, with quick powerful dekes and scoring shots, more dangerous than JV anyways.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:51 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:46 pm Brethren I think this is the first year I don't want a trade from the franchise.

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher

Fuck ya Skyo. I'm enjoying this ride...its like an unfurling fern
Hell yeah team looks ready to steamroll on this season....and Petey and Boeser ain't even leading the team points wise, it's the depth and good goaltending....a good sign. Imagine when #40 and #6 get going.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:49 pm
dangler wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:23 pm i'd sooner have Sven take the first few big hits in Utica & see how durable he is before bringing him up again.
Leivo got a goal, might boost his confidence & be a sign of more to come
I like Leivo; I'd take him over Baercheese. Leivo has struggled with the puck this season, but scored a nice one on that deflection from BoHo. I was surprised the Nucks put Baer on waivers and a bit surprised he cleared. In any case, Baercheese and Golds are nice insurance for us if any forwards go down with injuries. Maybe they fetch something on TDD for a team looking for scoring depth. If Baer comes up, I think it comes at the expense of Eriksson /Schaller, although Schaller seems to be pretty good on the 4th line + PK thus far.

Yet Leivo has the best fancy stats on the team this year, and nobody pays anything of value for players that can be picked up for free off the waiver wire next year, or they can offer a cheap contract in free agency.

Now I also think Erickson should be waived every 61 days to see if someone wants him as well...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Puljujarvi
for
Juolevi?

That would be a massive over-payment for pool party. Joulevi still has a ceiling, while Pool Party is officially a reclamation project. Also, we don't have space for another reclamation project. We are kinda full up on those. Also, where would he play? If he's not in Utica, he's taking up space on our 3rd line. And, right now, he is not an upgrade on Jake.

Btw, contending teams don't make trades like PoolParty for Joulevi. And, the Canucks are on track to be a contending team.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tciso wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:00 am

That would be a massive over-payment for pool party. Joulevi still has a ceiling, while Pool Party is officially a reclamation project. Also, we don't have space for another reclamation project.
I’d probably wouldn’t make the trade due to organizational needs but it sure as shit isn’t an overpayment whatsoever. And they have both been injured and underwhelming so I’d say they are pretty much in the same boat as far as what caliber of prospect/suspect they are.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Poo-party dominating in the finn league while Juolio is playing top minutes in the A. Pretty fair value but we need D.

We have to hang onto Who-leo
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Tciso wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:00 am That would be a massive over-payment for pool party. Joulevi still has a ceiling, while Pool Party is officially a reclamation project.
I have to agree, we've seen what Poolyou can go with Ann offensive role in the NHL, whereas due to injuries we don't yet know Olli's ceiling. All we know is he's looked damn good in the AHL in what's been too small of a sample size.

I'd trade a McEwen or Lind for Pool Party, that's about it.