Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:30 am Does Doyle have anything to say with regards to Oli Juolevi?
What’s to say that hasn’t been said?

It was a putrid draft pick at #5
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:34 am Is Jim gonna be a Gunslinger leading up to the deadline? There’s no telling what this guy is capable of. He’s clinical. Maniacal. Not scared. A genius! Think Eddie Felson. That’s Jim to a T.
I sense a trade in the works and your boy Juolevi might be the carrot used to acquire a rental top 6 forward like Simmonds or possibly toffy. It may include sutter going thattaway for the cap space even
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:00 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:34 am Is Jim gonna be a Gunslinger leading up to the deadline? There’s no telling what this guy is capable of. He’s clinical. Maniacal. Not scared. A genius! Think Eddie Felson. That’s Jim to a T.
I sense a trade in the works and your boy Juolevi might be the carrot used to acquire a rental top 6 forward like Simmonds or possibly toffy. It may include sutter going thattaway for the cap space even
Simmonds and Toffoli are both slow. No thanks to either.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I don't get why that would be desirable? Simmods is 31 and declining. Toffoli is depressed or something.
We don't need rentals yet.
But if a large caliper move were to happen, gotta include Eriksson leaving. One way or another because if he was used in the right role, ....... :devil: He would be more valuable in a swap.
"evolution"
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:37 am
This - we don't need to get slower. Both are scoring less and less due to the league getting faster than they can play.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:19 am
This - we don't need to get slower. Both are scoring less and less due to the league getting faster than they can play.
Simmonds can still play. He is more of a physical playoff type of asset who can score greasy goals in tough areas against tough teams. He sticks up for his team and hits hard.

All this and his contract expires in june. I dunno about you but i see the top 6 could use this type of an infusion that goes away come summer. Theyre not scoring and teams are finding ways to neutralize us.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:25 am
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:19 am
Simmonds can still play. He is more of a physical playoff type of asset who can score greasy goals in tough areas against tough teams. He sticks up for his team and hits hard.

All this and his contract expires in june. I dunno about you but i see the top 6 could use this type of an infusion that goes away come summer. Theyre not scoring and teams are finding ways to neutralize us.
For sure Simmonds is a hard-nosed playoff-type - but see Toppers comments throughout. We aren't ready to compete IN the playoffs, as our placeholders aren't good enough. We need help MAKING the playoffs, and I'm not sure Simmonds is that guy...
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

And giving up assets, of any kind, at this point is a bad idea - we are still in draft/develop mode.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:42 am And giving up assets, of any kind, at this point is a bad idea - we are still in draft/develop mode.
This.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:42 am And giving up assets, of any kind, at this point is a bad idea - we are still in draft/develop mode.
Well ya...this is likely why we might not see this type of move.

I still say Jimmy makes a move tho
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:56 am
Iain MacIntyre
@imacSportsnet
December 11, 2019, 7:16 PM
Benning confirmed Wednesday in an interview with Sportsnet
Wrong! in an interview with TSN ! 1040 am radio to be exact. I don't favor one or the other but let's stay accurate.

hear the real interview in News n Notes
Is it possible that yesterday Jimmy did an radio interview with Sekeres & Price AND a phone interview with MacIntyre? :scowl:

FFS MacIntyre has a bunch of exact quotes there that weren't said in the radio interview...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

for almost 100% it would have been on dot com. nope
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:51 pm for almost 100% it would have been on dot com. nope
MacIntyre has exact quotes! :evil:

That's a serious and unfounded accusation you're making.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Wonder where taylor hall will end up?

NJ Devils sat him for a potential deal, guessing the Avs, Yotes or Panthers.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

How about...

Baertchi and Looey to LAK

for

Kovalchuk