Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:46 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:01 am Olaf has fuck all value and Demko has a bit. I don’t want Hall but that garbage package isn’t getting him anyways.
lol @ garbage.
You think it’s a good package? Demko is unproven and has 30 games under his belt at 24. Juolevi has very little value. 29 other teams would beat that. Like I said they’d be lucky to get Miles Wood for those two.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:04 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 am In fairness Hall isnt worth anywhere near that wish list either. He might get a top d prospect like Byram and a 1st....maybe.
I doubt Sakic would give up that much, he's a pure rental, and Colorado is built for the long-term.

I could see a team like Arizona offering something crazy - a team desperate to make the playoffs, without overbearing local media scrutiny. Kinda like the crazy deadline deals Atlanta did at the end.
Yeah seems it's between WESTern towns like AZ and Colorado giving up the 1st + assets.

Avs the redneck county could give up Timmins ++
Obviously the NJD are asking for Bowen Byram.

Don't think the Yotes can match.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:51 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:01 am Olaf has fuck all value and Demko has a bit. I don’t want Hall but that garbage package isn’t getting him anyways.
lol @ garbage.
You think it’s a good package? Demko is unproven and has 30 games under his belt at 24. Juolevi has very little value. 29 other teams would beat that. Like I said they’d be lucky to get Miles Wood for those two.
Hell to the fuckin' yeah, Demko is gonna be a workhorse #1 he's 24 - cost controlled...

.Marky will be turning 30 and FINALLY just figured it out to be a #1 and he might not be that guy, a Cup winning goalie like MAF nope.

REALLY: OJ never even played a NHL game yet - let homie play a year or two before judgement.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:59 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:51 am
lol @ garbage.
Hell to the fuckin' yeah, Demko is gonna be a workhorse #1 he's 24 - cost controlled...

.Marky will be turning 30 and FINALLY just figured it out to be a #1 and he might not be that guy, a Cup winning goalie like MAF nope.

REALLY: OJ never even played a NHL game yet - let homie play a year or two before judgement.
Sigh..... name another goalie with 25-30 games of NHL experience that fetched a good price. IF Juolevi can ever make the league he may have some value. He currently holds very little value. Again...29 teams would blow that shifty offer out of the water.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:06 am
Sigh..... name another goalie with 25-30 games of NHL experience that fetched a good price. IF Juolevi can ever make the league he may have some value. He currently holds very little value. Again...29 teams would blow that shifty offer out of the water.
Why we ain't trading Demko = value ain't that high like Schneider? simple keep em.

OJ came back from injury and came back scoring easy, ffs I'm glad you aint creating trades - getting schooled left and right.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

YOU brought up the trade offer of Demko, Juolevi and a cap dump for Taylor Hall.

It’s a joke of a package. 29 teams could beat that offer.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

See the title?

Why you suck at trades bruh.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:21 am See the title?

Yeah K. I was merely pointing out that your shitty offer was not even in the ballpark. You kind of have to give the other team something decent when you’re trading for a former MVP.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am
SKYO wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:21 am See the title?

Yeah K. I was merely pointing out that your shitty offer was not even in the ballpark. You kind of have to give the other team something decent when you’re trading for a former MVP.
give it bruh
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jim ... ks-roster/

So Jim wants to add to the top-6. What's his trade chip?

Petersson, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes, Miller, and Myers, should be untouchable.

Edler, Tanev, Eriksson, Sutter, Roussel, Beagle, and Ferland, all have a NTC or NMC.

Outside of Edler and Tanev, nothing on that list even forms the core of a player/prospect package that would return the kind of top-6 help we need.

Roussel and Ferland might be worth that if they were parceled up with a 1st round pick.....but we better not be tossing those around recklessly.

The only NHL-ready youngster we have that could conceivably be moved for a big haul is Demko.....and even he would need to have something thrown on top to snag a winger who would be a lock for 60+ points.

As I type this there might be a trade fit for one player who is cap friendly, and he would come for less than we'd have to spend elsewhere.....catch it he's a reclamation project: Alex Galchenyuk. I would only risk on him if Pittsburgh was willing to risk the other way and exchange projects of sorts.

Outside of that there's nothing out there for under $7M and signed to a contract beyond the end of this season.

I would have interest in a couple other players, but availability is suspect and cost might be too high or risk too great: Max Domi, Mike Hoffman, Tyler Toffoli, Anthony Mantha, and Tyler Bertuzzi.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Iain MacIntyre
@imacSportsnet
December 11, 2019, 7:16 PM
Benning confirmed Wednesday in an interview with Sportsnet
Wrong! in an interview with TSN ! 1040 am radio to be exact. I don't favor one or the other but let's stay accurate.

hear the real interview in News n Notes
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:56 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jim ... ks-roster/

Edler, Tanev, Eriksson, Sutter, Roussel, Beagle, and Ferland, all have a NTC or NMC.

Outside of Edler and Tanev, nothing on that list even forms the core of a player/prospect package that would return the kind of top-6 help we need.

Roussel and Ferland might be worth that if they were parceled up with a 1st round pick.....but we better not be tossing those around recklessly.

The only NHL-ready youngster we have that could conceivably be moved for a big haul is Demko.....and even he would need to have something thrown on top to snag a winger who would be a lock for 60+ points.

As I type this there might be a trade fit for one player who is cap friendly, and he would come for less than we'd have to spend elsewhere.....catch it he's a reclamation project: Alex Galchenyuk. I would only risk on him if Pittsburgh was willing to risk the other way and exchange projects of sorts.

Outside of that there's nothing out there for under $7M and signed to a contract beyond the end of this season.

I would have interest in a couple other players, but availability is suspect and cost might be too high or risk too great: Max Domi, Mike Hoffman, Tyler Toffoli, Anthony Mantha, and Tyler Bertuzzi.
Simmonds is rumoured to be available. I could see the canucks making a play for him.

Hes on a 1 year deal, stuck playjng for the bottom feeding devils and hasnt been making his new team all that pleased with the signing.
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:16 am
Mëds wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:56 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jim ... ks-roster/

Simmonds is rumoured to be available. I could see the canucks making a play for him.

Hes on a 1 year deal, stuck playjng for the bottom feeding devils and hasnt been making his new team all that pleased with the signing.
Personally I’d target toffoli, I think he could be had for cheap and re signed at a reasonable deal. Instant chemistry with Pearson and still decently young, plus he’s another sniper. I think the only way this happens though is if we’re able to move sutter.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Does Doyle have anything to say with regards to Oli Juolevi?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Jim gonna be a Gunslinger leading up to the deadline? There’s no telling what this guy is capable of. He’s clinical. Maniacal. Not scared. A genius! Think Eddie Felson. That’s Jim to a T.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau