Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Hockey Widow »

AS long as Benning is here Myers will be protected.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

haha nice try Richard, Myers is great fit here, he plays a big mean game, brings mass and wingspan on D at 6'8 - 230lbs plus he seems to average 25-30ish points a season.

He's what you need in the playoffs, just look back at the Bruins/Blues battalion battle finals, game turned really nasty and physical.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:11 pm AS long as Benning is here Myers will be protected.
Why? :lol: stinger
He can resign Troy just to expose him. Nah, that doesn't work either. Can't afford to sign him. He's already said publicly he knows he may
not be here. Meaning no home town discount.
Edler will be over.
Tanev is the question at this point. We have to re-sign him. It's getting thin back there. Who'll be there whenever June 2021 is or will be.
Any way it happens on time? I don't see how.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:11 pm AS long as Benning is here Myers will be protected.
Why? :lol: stinger
He can resign Troy just to expose him. Nah, that doesn't work either. Can't afford to sign him. He's already said publicly he knows he may
not be here. Meaning no home town discount.
Edler will be over.
Tanev is the question at this point. We have to re-sign him. It's getting thin back there. Who'll be there whenever June 2021 is or will be.
Any way it happens on time? I don't see how.
You're quite mad aren't you? :D

Whenever the X-draft occurs we have a very good idea of who will be there as far as our purposes are concerned.

Myers - here and protected.
Tanev (or vet RS replacement) - here and protected.
Juolevi - protected (possibly traded, and if so we'll bring in another dee who requires protection)

Edler - here at X-draft time, but pending UFA doesn't require protection.
Benn - who cares, gone this off-season or next and pending UFA doesn't require protection.
Stecher - gone this summer and on the off-chance he's still here = he'll be exposed.
Fantenburg - doesn't matter (who knows maybe we re-sign him 2 yrs and he's our designated exposed guy)
Hughes/Tree/Rathbone/Woo/Eliot/Teves - don't require protection
Brisbois/Chatfield - available if they want one (neither will likely meet designated exposed guy requirements)

But you're right, Armageddon could happen, so we shouldn't bother discussing anything...

EDIT: Rafferty requires protection
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

After some thinking, yeah lets re-sign Tanev 1yr, Barrie can get overpaid somewhere.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:55 am After some thinking, yeah lets re-sign Tanev 1yr, Barrie can get overpaid somewhere.
A big no to Barrie. He stinks Stecher like
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:47 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:55 am After some thinking, yeah lets re-sign Tanev 1yr, Barrie can get overpaid somewhere.
Stech has been pretty damned good this post season. Better than Barrie, albeit in a more limited role. I'll go on the record saying I don't mind keeping him, if he fits under the cap. With the flat cap, give Stech another 3 years at $2.33 again.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tciso wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:14 am
Stech has been pretty damned good this post season. Better than Barrie, albeit in a more limited role. I'll go on the record saying I don't mind keeping him, if he fits under the cap. With the flat cap, give Stech another 3 years at $2.33 again.
Unless he’s taking around 1.5 I can’t see him coming back. Too many bad contracts on the books.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I really wouldn’t judge Barrie with his time on that joke of a team. His years in colorado are waay more representative of his play. However, Barrie is gonna come cheap now with his shitty play in Toronto. He could be a good buy low candidate.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Unless they are letting Tanev walk, there’s no way they can sign Barrie
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

See how Tanev holds up in these playoffs. Looks great since the comeback..Comparably, Barrie has greater scoring point totals because of
the roles he's played throughout his career and the fact he's got a scorer's shot,however, his plus minus hasn't been very good overall.
Tanev's plus mnus is quite clean and that's saying something considering some of the icky rebuilding years he's been through.
Barrie's price will be way high. The fact he's 29 now is scary too. Long term, big bucks? IMO, not a good direction for Van.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:45 am
I really wouldn’t judge Barrie with his time on that joke of a team. His years in colorado are waay more representative of his play. However, Barrie is gonna come cheap now with his shitty play in Toronto. He could be a good buy low candidate.
No thanks, he can't play defense. Sign Tanev and if they can't add a decent right side guy via trade look at Hamonic, Gudas, or DeMelo, maybe Braun, and see how Woo or Rafferty progress. Cap and/or lost revenue affects almost every team so not a good year to be UFA in my opinion. I'm still hopeful for Tryamkin and if they can ultimately sign him he can slide over there.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:52 am Unless they are letting Tanev walk, there’s no way they can sign Barrie
There’ll be capspace available, virtanen is gone, gaudette won’t be getting much of a raise, stetcher is gone, Tanev won’t get as much as you think. Sutter will be moveable with how his playoffs have gone, as will Louie. Having said that I don’t know if barry is the answer on the right side although green really likes dmen that can skate the puck out and he’d be a good partner for joulevi on the bottom pairing. Barries shitty season and the flat cap is gonna make him take a huge pay cut, there won’t be teams lining up to give him 6m a year. I’m guessing he’ll do a short deal in the 4-5 range, same as Tanev.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:47 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:45 am
No thanks, he can't play defense. Sign Tanev and if they can't add a decent right side guy via trade look at Hamonic, Gudas, or DeMelo, maybe Braun, and see how Woo or Rafferty progress. Cap and/or lost revenue affects almost every team so not a good year to be UFA in my opinion. I'm still hopeful for Tryamkin and if they can ultimately sign him he can slide over there.
He played excellent defense his last year in Colorado, in fact he was one of the main reasons they got into the playoffs. His defensive game faltered in Toronto but that whole team had some weird shit going on.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Barrie has never been an excellent defender. He’s an elite pick mover and PP guy but he has always been a bit of a tire fire in his own end.