Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by mr perfect »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:19 am
Tciso wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:19 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:51 am McAvoy >>>Boeser. Boston isn’t trading Charlie
If it happens, it won't be until next year, when both teams can sign extentions during the season, and long before either has to be given a qualifying offer. Boeser is playing well, but he's really only just playing up to his contract. He hasn't eaned anywhere close to a $7.5 extension yet, so signing him to a contract for his real value in 2021 makes more sense than being stuck paying $7.5
It won’t happen at all unless Vancouver adds something substantial. And even then it makes no sense for Boston to trade their 23 year old stud d man. Would you trade Hughes for Laine?
If the rumours coming out of Boston are true that Torrey Krug isn't coming back then there is no way McAvoy is going anywhere.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

mr perfect wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:52 pm If the rumours coming out of Boston are true that Torrey Krug isn't coming back then there is no way McAvoy is going anywhere.
Bruins reportedly going after OEL to replace Krug.
Boston, Calgary and Edmonton have checked in on Oliver Ekman-Larsson (there undoubtedly are more)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31 ... ade-block/
^also talks about dumba.
The most obvious interest (to me, anyways) would come from Winnipeg. The Jets are screaming for a right-shot defender. He fits their mold: cost-controlled with term. But barring the involvement of another team, they can’t do it for a centre. Would Minnesota be tempted by a skilled winger, instead? Same with Vancouver. Dumba fits the idea of what the Canucks are looking for, but, again, a centre in return would not be an option and I’m not convinced they want to do a Brock Boeser deal.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Dumba is not a number 1 D man and OEL isn’t either. In no world are they dealing Charlie for Brock. Horrible value for Boston.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

While the Bruins probably countered Carlo for Boeser, which is horrible value for the Canucks.

might as well just re-sign Tanev at that point.

https://bostonhockeynow.com/2020/09/21/ ... ade-talks/
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The rumor mongers are throwing out Detroit making a strong bid for Markstrom lately.

Also Pittsburgh is rumored to be interested in Tanev.

Completely worthless non information of course.
el rey del mambo
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

HockeyBuzz; https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/ ... 1/1/107538
Bruins interested in Canucks Virtanen (e4)....
Per a source, then Bruins and Canucks are working on a deal to send Jake Virtanen to Boston...No word on return as of yet...
It's like a burger with mystery meat. Might smell OK but I wouldn't necessarily eat it . Needs more accompaniments anyways.
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I like to talk barry up on here but maybe Krug wants to come play for the guy that recruited him out of college, krug would be a nice partner for edler and then a young guy after that. It would also be nice to have him on pp1 with Hughes let the two of them be rovers and have Quinn feed him one timers.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Micky wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:12 am HockeyBuzz; https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/ ... 1/1/107538
Per a source, then Bruins and Canucks are working on a deal to send Jake Virtanen to Boston...No word on return as of yet...
It's like a burger with mystery meat. Might smell OK but I wouldn't necessarily eat it . Needs more accompaniments anyways.
After years of no no no.... I’m well, OK trade him then
Getting old is not for the young...
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

rats19 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:48 am
Micky wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:12 am HockeyBuzz; https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/ ... 1/1/107538
Bruins trying to recreate Cam Neely part 2? heh
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:22 am I like to talk barry up on here but maybe Krug wants to come play for the guy that recruited him out of college, krug would be a nice partner for edler and then a young guy after that. It would also be nice to have him on pp1 with Hughes let the two of them be rovers and have Quinn feed him one timers.
Krug plays pretty exclusively on the left side. While I’d be all over a guy with his skill set, he’s a good old boy from Michigan. Not sure he’d sign up here and he’d cost a lot of $$.

As an asside another lefty who I’ve always liked is Hampus Lindholm. He is a two way horse. Put him on one pairing and Hughes on the other and Edler can play 13 - 14 min on the third pair. I’ve seen Josh Manson’s name mentioned and he’s a RH and a solid D man, but Lindholm is a far superior player and fits the age group here better. The cost could be prohibitive though.
Last edited by Doyle Hargraves on Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:34 pm
rats19 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:48 am
Bruins trying to recreate Cam Neely part 2? heh
Virtanen is closer to Jack Skille than he is Cam Neely. Other than being right handed shots that grew up in the Fraser Valley, they are nothing alike. Virtanen is not tough or mean, or got a 1/4 of the skill or effort level of Neely. People forget how Neely got shafted here. He wasn’t underperforming. He had a retard for a coach and still averaged 17 goals a year as a teenager and beat the hell out of almost everyone he fought.
Last edited by Doyle Hargraves on Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Eklund should be run through a meatgrinder.

Eklundburgers should be force-fed to those who link to his rumours.

(no accompaniments)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:12 pm

(no accompaniments)
Agreed. I thought there is a specific thread for click drivel?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hmmm, Boston is said to be concerned their window might soon close.

And they have excess cap-room.

Jimmy's priority is said to be focused on moving out salary.

I wonder if they're talking about a cap-dump + sweetener type deal.

Young Boston boys Gaudette and Rathbone would no doubt be highly coveted in Beantown right now.

https://twitter.com/taj1944/status/1308920820249628674
Taj
@taj1944

Lebrun was asked about Toffoli and he said Benning's focus right now is to move money. Said Benning is a "one track pony" right now.

(1040)
5:06 PM · Sep 23, 2020
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:12 pm

(no accompaniments)
Oh piss off FFS. I made fun of the rumor. Besides, YOU, don't know.
"evolution"