Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:lol: shouldn’t that be a 107 instead of 3285?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:31 pm :lol: shouldn’t that be a 107 instead of 3285?
3285 satisfied customers. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Are we in the middle of another "epic" battle??? :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:28 pm Are we in the middle of another "epic" battle??? :D
:D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Meh, I skimmed this, but all I got from it was that Gomer is a dirty bird bone biter..

Guess he gives epic beak?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:48 pm Meh, I skimmed this, but all I got from it was that Gomer is a dirty bird bone biter..
Image............................^
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

According to the Athletic the Coyotes seem to be thinking of trading OEL.
Apparently they're thinking of a complete rebuild and may try to get rid of anyone over 25.

Even though that'd be a huge improvement on the blue line, I doubt the Canucks could be a potential destination.
OEL is 29 years and has 7 years @ 8.25 million remaining on his contract.

Can't really see how we'd make room for that, even if we manage to ship Loui. :cry:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:26 am According to the Athletic the Coyotes seem to be thinking of trading OEL.
Apparently they're thinking of a complete rebuild and may try to get rid of anyone over 25.

Even though that'd be a huge improvement on the blue line, I doubt the Canucks could be a potential destination.

Can't really see how we'd make room for that, even if we manage to ship Loui. :cry:
It might be an improvement. A little. For now. (stats): https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdi ... pid=120283 .. some alarm bells there.
No way I think the team should saddle themselves with him for 7 years even if they dumped enough dead weight and salary.
Mot really a building block move. Could even end up being as bad as LE.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:26 am According to the Athletic the Coyotes seem to be thinking of trading OEL.

I don't think we should have any interest in OEL. He's good, but he's not $8.25M good right now. I'll be surprised if Pietrangelo gets more than $8.5M thanks to the COVID marketplace.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

I can't see how he would fit in the team anyways. He's the wrong age. Too long of a contract. And, he throws our defense's cap structure into total dis-array. Let's get rid of our dead weight contracts, sign Hughes and Petey, and then look at what we have left. OEL sounds like a recipe to waste the best years of the best young core we have ever had.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Tciso wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:14 am

I can't see how he would fit in the team anyways. He's the wrong age. Too long of a contract. And, he throws our defense's cap structure into total dis-array. Let's get rid of our dead weight contracts, sign Hughes and Petey, and then look at what we have left. OEL sounds like a recipe to waste the best years of the best young core we have ever had.
What if its OEL for Loui (cheap-in-real-dollars cap hit), Sven (would have a spot in their top-6), Benn, and, say, next year's 1st?

Arizona has pretty much no picks for the next two drafts, and I don't know how big the trade market would be for a 40-point LD making $8.25 mil.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:03 pm
Tciso wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:14 am

What if its OEL for Loui (cheap-in-real-dollars cap hit), Sven (would have a spot in their top-6), Benn, and, say, next year's 1st?

Arizona has pretty much no picks for the next two drafts, and I don't know how big the trade market would be for a 40-point LD making $8.25 mil.
Still no. The contract is too long, and it's the right side that needs help.

If QH is our top pairing LHD going forward, we don't need an $8.25M second pairing LHD.....even if you're thinking he's Edler's replacement after next year.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jason Gregor@JasonGregor
"I'm hearing, if he goes to market, the Red Wings are looking to make a big pitch for Markstrom. I wonder if they give Markstrom his ask of $6m how it would impact others after Lehner signed for $5m in Vegas." Woodley.
1:35 PM · Sep 21, 2020
It came out today, don't know how much legitimacy there is to it. Did Markstrom "say" he wanted six mil.?
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Micky wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:36 pm
Jason Gregor@JasonGregor
"I'm hearing, if he goes to market, the Red Wings are looking to make a big pitch for Markstrom. I wonder if they give Markstrom his ask of $6m how it would impact others after Lehner signed for $5m in Vegas." Woodley.
1:35 PM · Sep 21, 2020
It came out today, don't know how much legitimacy there is to it. Did Markstrom "say" he wanted six mil.?
If the RedWings want Marky, why don't they offer a pick for his rights, right now. *snakeoilsalesman*
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.