Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:21 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:47 pm How much cap space could we get if we threw in Demko as a sweetener?

It’s not worth it to move one year of Baertschi or one year of Sutter. But if Detroit would eat Eriksson’s cap or Beagle/Roussel Elmer should do it in a heartbeat. But I can’t see any team wanting to eat two years of 6 million in cap for guys like that. Demko is trending ok but I doubt he’d be enough to ditch that much dead cap.
The only "dead cap" is Eriksson. Beagle, Roussel and Baertschi all have some value in that they can actually play NHL minutes. Baertschi is probably a top-line winger in Detroit - he could probably bump the Mighty Tyler Bertuzzi from that spot!

Ok I can live with bloated shitty contracts instead of dead cap. Baertschi isn’t in anyone’s top six let alone their top
line.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:39 pm Sekeres saying the Canucks have explored trading Boeser.

:shock:
I don't know much about this guy but;
RD@ Buck Foston_
Sekeres clarifying: I'm not saying [Boeser's] being shopped or on the block, they sit down and think how they're going to fit everyone. "one of the things that's come up, is Boeser's $6M salary"
2:46 PM · Jul 10, 2020
I'm leaving for a while. The radio excerpt will be available when the show is over...

:evil:
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

In any case, I'm guessing 90% of teams roster for every team in pro sports have had trade exploration, just like any business - you explore every avenue to improve your biz, you ain't doing your job if you don't do that anyways.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:09 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:47 pm How much cap space could we get if we threw in Demko as a sweetener?

It’s not worth it to move one year of Baertschi or one year of Sutter. But if Detroit would eat Eriksson’s cap or Beagle/Roussel Elmer should do it in a heartbeat. But I can’t see any team wanting to eat two years of 6 million in cap for guys like that. Demko is trending ok but I doubt he’d be enough to ditch that much dead cap.
Actually I looked at Detroit and they're really lacking for young goaltenders in their system and maybe Demko would be a good fit for them. I'd actually want them to take both Eriksson and Baertschi as Baertschi would be a good one season placeholder for them since they're not overly deep on the wings.
I actually went through that exact thought process a couple of weeks ago

... and then I remembered Loui is going to take a mutual termination this off-season. :wink:

But maybe a Demko+Baer+Roussel for a 3rd type deal?

(Rooster had a tough injury-plagued season, but he could bounce back)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:48 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:09 pm

Actually I looked at Detroit and they're really lacking for young goaltenders in their system and maybe Demko would be a good fit for them. I'd actually want them to take both Eriksson and Baertschi as Baertschi would be a good one season placeholder for them since they're not overly deep on the wings.
I actually went through that exact thought process a couple of weeks ago

... and then I remembered Loui is going to take a mutual termination this off-season. :wink:

But maybe a Demko+Baer+Roussel for a 3rd type deal?

(Rooster had a tough injury-plagued season, but he could bounce back)
I do think Roussel bounces back. That doesn't mean his contract isn't an issue, I just think he can play at a level closer to last season than what we saw since his return. If Demko is the sweetener, Eriksson has to go.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:39 pm Sekeres saying the Canucks have explored trading Boeser.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rum ... =bottombar

If we can trade Brockstar for a young up and coming potential solid D-man, I'd prob do it. Right now, I'd rather keep Shot-Gun Jake over him. Brock still has a relatively high trade value, so we should get something good in return. I'm just not sold if his shot will ever be as good as during his rookie year. If we get a guy still in his entry lvl contract, it might give us the cap space to keep Toffoli.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:10 pm

If we can trade Brockstar for a young up and coming potential solid D-man, I'd prob do it. Right now, I'd rather keep Shot-Gun Jake over him. Brock still has a relatively high trade value, so we should get something good in return. I'm just not sold if his shot will ever be as good as during his rookie year. If we get a guy still in his entry lvl contract, it might give us the cap space to keep Toffoli.
Why so convinced on Toffoli? He played ten games. If the playoffs happen, we'll see more.
Satiar Shah@SatiarShah
All I can tell you is that my understanding is the Canucks are not shopping Boeser nor have they talked to other teams about him in recent months
7:44 PM · Jul 12, 2020
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:35 pm Why so convinced on Toffoli? He played ten games. If the playoffs happen, we'll see more.
I dunno if I'm convinced by him, but more thinking that since we paid a good value to get him, might as well keep him for another 2-3 years. Thinking in the lines of asset mgmt, don't want to see us lose a good player for nothing after only potentially a handful of games. I actually wasn't a big fan of the Toffoli trade, but understood why JB did it as Brock looked like he could be out for an extended period. In the long run, Brock will prob be the better player, but I don't think by much.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Sekeres peddles more bullshit than the Calgary Stampede.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:06 am
Micky wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:35 pm Why so convinced on Toffoli? He played ten games. If the playoffs happen, we'll see more.
I dunno if I'm convinced by him, but more thinking that since we paid a good value to get him, might as well keep him for another 2-3 years. Thinking in the lines of asset mgmt, don't want to see us lose a good player for nothing after only potentially a handful of games. I actually wasn't a big fan of the Toffoli trade, but understood why JB did it as Brock looked like he could be out for an extended period. In the long run, Brock will prob be the better player, but I don't think by much.
Toffoli will probably come in cheaper than Brock as well due to his lack lustre numbers playing on a shitty la team.
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

I don’t mind these rumours if it ends in a hockey trade. We talked about moving Brock for a stud young right handed D months ago. We were talking about Dobson back then. As long as they get a great young RHD asset back, I’m fine with it. But if they are moving him just to clear cap, I’d be pissed. The Canucks are very deep on wing. If they sign Toffoli, they still have Hoglander, Podkolzin, MacEwen, Lind all close to the NHL. Virtanen and MacEwen look ready for more minutes right now. Trading from an area of strength to fill an obvious hole is just good asset management. I’d be questioning Benning if he wasn’t considering moving a winger for help on the back end, but he needs to be sure he is getting a great young player who will grow with the team.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I was reading over at the piss pond and somebody there mentioned Brandon Carlo for Brock, I thought that was a decent idea, young big rhd that would be a great partner for Quinn.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ryan Pulock would work
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:55 am Ryan Pulock would work
Can’t see the Isles doing it, but I’d be down with that

The idea of Carlo is solid as well. I thought the Bruins were really high on him though.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I could understand them trying for Brandon Carlo if they are looking but it's only good for a year, then he needs a new contract. It'll be big unless he gave leeway till he becomes a UFA. Excellent player.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bruins
"evolution"