Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:38 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:17 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:17 pm I don't think Mickster is a fan of resigning TT at 5-6/yr and moving Boeser for a dman. That's what all the angst is about

Mick we have a hole on the back end and a surplus up front (if we manage to resign toffy)... plus Boesers performance this season flattened the curve on his development from the 100pt winger he was looking like into the 50 point/60 games a yr version we saw.

Selling high while theres still top end potential left on the asset makes more sense than doubling down on right wingers while suffering through the defensive deficit that the team currently is enduring...dontcha think?
$5.5M/yr max for Toffoli. No more than 4 years.

I'm not selling high or low on Boeser, nor am I writing him off as becoming an 80 point winger. He's still young, he's been hurt, and then there's the distraction of his father's health. Definitely cutting the kid some slack.
I thought Boeser looked the best I had seen since his rookie year when he finally returned from injury prior to the shut down. He seem to me moving quicker and with greater agility. It even looked like he had dropped a few pounds somehow. I found his late season performance to be pretty encouraging and I'm really hoping that's the real Brock Boeser again.
Thats the last twitches of elite potential kicking away at an eastern GMs' medulla oblongata who may be ready to offer up a Noah Dobson/K'Andre Miller type of defensive asset in exchange.
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I'm not selling high or low on Boeser, nor am I writing him off as becoming an 80 point winger. He's still young, he's been hurt, and then there's the distraction of his father's health. Definitely cutting the kid some slack.
His career is at the crossroads....a strat strapped across his back and whether or not hes ready to deal will determine how this story ends.

A perfect time for Benning to max return and reinforce his weakest position. As the Chef has noted we have another excellent righty coming aboard in just over a year. Time for Benning to play 4D Trump/Pence chess
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:12 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:38 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:17 pm I don't think Mickster is a fan of resigning TT at 5-6/yr and moving Boeser for a dman. That's what all the angst is about

Mick we have a hole on the back end and a surplus up front (if we manage to resign toffy)... plus Boesers performance this season flattened the curve on his development from the 100pt winger he was looking like into the 50 point/60 games a yr version we saw.

Selling high while theres still top end potential left on the asset makes more sense than doubling down on right wingers while suffering through the defensive deficit that the team currently is enduring...dontcha think?
$5.5M/yr max for Toffoli. No more than 4 years.

I thought Boeser looked the best I had seen since his rookie year when he finally returned from injury prior to the shut down. He seem to me moving quicker and with greater agility. It even looked like he had dropped a few pounds somehow. I found his late season performance to be pretty encouraging and I'm really hoping that's the real Brock Boeser again.
Thats the last twitches of elite potential kicking away at an eastern GMs' medulla oblongata who may be ready to offer up a Noah Dobson/K'Andre Miller type of defensive asset in exchange.
The kind thing to do would be to trade him to Minny... and you KNOW they want him.

Boeser + Sutter for Dumba.

"Miller gets his A"

Thoughts Mick? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:16 pm
His career is at the crossroads....a strat strapped across his back and whether or not hes ready to deal will determine how this story ends.

A perfect time for Benning to max return and reinforce his weakest position. As the Chef has noted we have another excellent righty coming aboard in just over a year. Time for Benning to play 4D Trump/Pence chess
:lol: :lol: :lol:
el rey del mambo
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:06 am Why would you buy out Ferlund over Baertschi?? Baertschi is a drag on the economy. If Ferlund plays, he plays, if not, then he is LTIR.
I heard Ferkland's concussion issues were vision related and not so much dizziness/puking/headaches, etc. Hopefully this is a good sign, just a mild case and will recover with time. Also heard he's working out hard in Manitoba, doing well and would push to suit up for us if we were playing right now.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:49 pm Regardless something has to give on the right side, by the time Podkolzin arrives the right side will be packed if Kole Lind continues develop like he has and Lockwood impresses early. MacEwan has made the team, IMO.

Toffoli
Boeser
Podkolzin
Virtanen
MacEwan
Lind
Lockwood
I think next year is as simple as Boeser / Virtanen / MacEwen / ?

Podkolzin is two years away from playing in the NHL, at least. Lind and or Lockwood have to earn a spot.

We may or may not agree on a contract that would have TT sign here. If he doesn't, there is a spot to fight for. If he does, that's a strong

Right side. Perfect.

The defense will be difficult but it is for pretty much every team. Plenty of extra time for Chris Tanev to be thinking about things.
Does he want to stay or go? Will Stecher take a low-ball offer if there is one. How will old Eddy look when play finally returns.
Myers will be Myers. Hughes sound anxious to get going again. He was on a video clip today, (with I think country music in the background), thanking first responders and saying the two team-mates he misses the most are Chris Tanev and Petey.

Did you know; The Canucks had FOUR original, grow your own, defense men on the team this year?
Eddy
Chris
Troy
Quinn
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mickster, I was talking about the year after next when the Pod arrives. Pod is not 2 years away. He’s already playing comfortably well in the KHL. Size is not an issue either. He won’t be going to Utica, so you’re assuming he resigns with a KHL team after this next last contractual season of his?

After next season Lind will have played 3 seasons in the AHL. The kid had an excellent sophomore season this year. He should be pushing for a job the same time Pod arrives

Lockwood may be the only one on the list who stays in Utica for a sophomore year, but the kid is very competitive and could surprise

By all accounts the Canucks want to sign Toffoli especially considering how well he fit in with the club

If Toffoli resigns that is 6 RW’s minus Lockwood. A trade with a Boeser after next season is a very strong possibility
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:48 am Mickster, I was talking about the year after next when the Pod arrives. Pod is not 2 years away. He’s already playing comfortably well in the KHL. Size is not an issue either. He won’t be going to Utica, so you’re assuming he resigns with a KHL team after this next last contractual season of his?

After next season Lind will have played 3 seasons in the AHL. The kid had an excellent sophomore season this year. He should be pushing for a job the same time Pod arrives

Lockwood may be the only one on the list who stays in Utica for a sophomore year, but the kid is very competitive and could surprise

By all accounts the Canucks want to sign Toffoli especially considering how well he fit in with the club

If Toffoli resigns that is 6 RW’s minus Lockwood. A trade with a Boeser after next season is a very strong possibility
Or Boeser moves to the left side.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

we know what we paid get JT Miller. What would someone pay to get Boeser?
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

What I want to know is why everyone is so high on Matt Dumba.

He's not big, listed at 6 foot 180 pounds.

He's not a point producer from the back end. One season of 50 points, but other than that he's been a 35 point player. I would suggest that our own prospect, Jett Woo, projects as being comparable to Dumba. As a comparison Dumba's best WHL season saw him notch 57 points in 69 games in his draft year, he then went back to junior and produced at a lesser rate. Woo, put up 66 points in his post draft year, and followed that up with 46 points on a different team this season.

If you're talking about moving Boeser the only guys I am entertaining in that trade coming back are Ekblad, Jones, or McAvoy.....I'm assuming we want a RHD.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:58 pm What I want to know is why everyone is so high on Matt Dumba.

He's not a point producer from the back end. One season of 50 points, but other than that he's been a 35 point player. I would suggest that our own prospect, Jett Woo, projects as being comparable to Dumba. As a comparison Dumba's best WHL season saw him notch 57 points in 69 games in his draft year, he then went back to junior and produced at a lesser rate. Woo, put up 66 points in his post draft year, and followed that up with 46 points on a different team this season.

If you're talking about moving Boeser the only guys I am entertaining in that trade coming back are Ekblad, Jones, or McAvoy.....I'm assuming we want a RHD.
Noah Dobson is my ideal target but i would assume hes untouchable
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:04 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:58 pm What I want to know is why everyone is so high on Matt Dumba.

Safe bet on that one.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Ekblad is definitely a potential target. Hes underwhelmed for the cats but is still young enough to have more game than hes shown IMO. Could easily see that move happening especially given the long and fruitful trade history between these 2 franchises
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:04 pm

I'll bet they'd strongly consider an even up swap Dobson for Quinn Highes.
el rey del mambo
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Good points, I think Dumba keeps coming up because he's the only somewhat desirable piece in Minny, and everyone is assuming we'd be doing Boeser a favour by trading him to the Twin Cities.

Boeser for Dumba is too close to Hall for Larsson, IMO.