Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:56 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:55 am As an asside what a player Zibanejad has developed into. Ottawa got skullfucked.
Who did they give up for him, can’t remember
It was Derrick Brassard and a 2nd rounder for Zibanejad and a 2nd
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:58 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:55 am As an asside what a player Zibanejad has developed into. Ottawa got skullfucked.
Ouch, that’s awful
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:05 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:58 am
Ouch, that’s awful
Sorry it was a 7th going to Ottawa which is even worse. Rangers got the way better player who’s six years younger and a way better pick.

Funny how a few guys from that 2011 draft just amped up their games the last two years. Miller, Zibanejad and Couturier immediately come to mind.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

My hope is with the fuck show that’s happening right now, the NHL gives each team a couple CBO’s. Making the signing of Toffoli a strong possibility giving this team insane depth on the right side. By all accounts Podkolzin is looking like a future star in the NHL. Keep the right side as is next season and see how it plays out with Toffoli, Boeser and Virtanen and then trade one of them for a D-man after next season as Podkolzin arrives
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:01 pm My hope is with the fuck show that’s happening right now, the NHL gives each team a couple CBO’s. Making the signing of Toffoli a strong possibility giving this team insane depth on the right side. By all accounts Podkolzin is looking like a future star in the NHL. Keep the right side as is next season and see how it plays out with Toffoli, Boeser and Virtanen and then trade one of them for a D-man after next season as Podkolzin arrives
Any one of those 3 guys could transition to the left side. On the left all we have is Miller and Pearson.

Jake was showing signs of becoming a rather versatile player. He also played LW in junior. If it's possible to keep that group for a few more years.....

Miller - Pettersson - Toffoli
Pearson - Horvat - Boeser
Virtanen - Gaudette - Podkolzin

.....that is a terrifyingly potent top 9.

We probably can't afford it though.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I can’t see two buyouts. Maybe one. I also don’t see the league returning to finish the season at this point. This is all based on nothing of course. :lol: I think they will do well to get going in November or December.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I am hoping for 1 CBO - Loui (cap hit). Ideally would be to trade Loui to a team who wants to get to the cap floor, even if we throw a pick in, it could be worth it and use the buyout maybe on Sutter?

I would not trade Boeser unless it is a young stud D man coming back. With him and Traffoli (re-sign) we have a legit top 6. Try to keep Markstrom too, hopefully he takes a bit of a home town discount. As for the D, Stretcher walks unless he takes a home town discount too. 7 d man will have to be a rookie on an entry level contract.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:27 am I can’t see two buyouts. Maybe one. I also don’t see the league returning to finish the season at this point. This is all based on nothing of course. :lol: I think they will do well to get going in November or December.
I think the number of buyouts will depend on the amount of dollars lost this season, the start date of the next season, and how much the cap has been adjusted. Of course, as usual, the owners with the most pull in the league will factor in as well. The Players will have some voice, but not much, as the league finances will overrule everything.

A late start to next season will be the biggest factor, I think.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

1 Buyout - Eriksson obviously

2 Buyouts - Is tougher. Eriksson and? IMO term trumps all especially with the massive raises coming after next season with Pettersson and Hughes. So IMO we can handle one more year left of Sutter and Baertschi contracts. Buying out Eriksson should help with Markstrom and Tanev’s raises and Toffoli signing. Doc says Beagles cap is small after next season so if we get two buyouts Eriksson and Ferland seem to make the most sense. I don’t trust a players health if he struggles with concussion issues.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:58 am 1 Buyout - Eriksson obviously

2 Buyouts - Is tougher. Eriksson and? IMO term trumps all especially with the massive raises coming after next season with Pettersson and Hughes. So IMO we can handle one more year left of Sutter and Baertschi contracts. Buying out Eriksson should help with Markstrom and Tanev’s raises and Toffoli signing. Doc says Beagles cap is small after next season so if we get two buyouts Eriksson and Ferland seem to make the most sense. I don’t trust a players health if he struggles with concussion issues.
Why would you buy out Ferlund over Baertschi?? Baertschi is a drag on the economy. If Ferlund plays, he plays, if not, then he is LTIR.

Get Bearcheeze off the books. Ferlund situation (like Trudeau says of the Canadian Budget) will balance itself!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

If I am auquaman and Benning, I Am saying one of our buyouts should be able to be used on our BULLSHIT Luongo Cap penalty.
(This might be my first pipe dream!!)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:06 am

Why would you buy out Ferlund over Baertschi?? Baertschi is a drag on the economy. If Ferlund plays, he plays, if not, then he is LTIR.

Get Bearcheeze off the books. Ferlund situation (like Trudeau says of the Canadian Budget) will balance itself!
Just not seeing the urgency with buying out contracts with 1 year left on them, the real worry is when Pettersson and Hughes get Mitch Marner money, the year after next. Next season is manageable. Buying out Eriksson will give us relief in giving raises to Markstrom and Tanev or/and signing Toffoli. Just let the one year remaining on Baertschi’s and Sutters roll off the cliff naturally. Apparently Baertschi is negotiating with some European clubs

Even if Ferland is cleared to play his game will most likely resemble all those who have suffered reoccurring concussion issues - apprehensive play
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:36 am Apparently Baertschi is negotiating with some European clubs
That would be great - he'd likely agree to a mutual termination as well if he thinks he'll get a better NHL shot on another team. His actually salary next year drops to $2.4, so if he terminates and signs a new deal for, say , $1.5, he's only down 900k and probably has a better shot to extend his NHL career than he does with the Canucks.

But Baer could still make the team out of camp, especially if Toffoli isn't re-signed.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:36 am

Just not seeing the urgency with buying out contracts with 1 year left on them, the real worry is when Pettersson and Hughes get Mitch Marner money, the year after next. Next season is manageable. Buying out Eriksson will give us relief in giving raises to Markstrom and Tanev or/and signing Toffoli. Just let the one year remaining on Baertschi’s and Sutters roll off the cliff naturally. Apparently Baertschi is negotiating with some European clubs

Even if Ferland is cleared to play his game will most likely resemble all those who have suffered reoccurring concussion issues - apprehensive play
The question is what will your game resemble when we get back to normal.

THINK ABOUT IT
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:36 am

YOU want or think we should trade Boeser for a defense man OR EVEN to sign Toffoli who is five years older and will want
basically his retirement contract, or close.
May as well Buy out Eriksson and Sutter if there are two buy outs to use. Then Miller gets his A...
"evolution"