Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by theman »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:01 am
Topper wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:40 am cutting bait on the lil trojan is long over due

why go after an old expensive player?
Who’s his replacement and at what cost?
I can on see a Stretcher trade if it is part of a larger move.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ESQ wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:47 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:18 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:01 pm Just say no to any high priced guy in his 30's.

This team is still another year or 2 from being serious contenders, do not hamper that by some guy not producing to his cap hit.
Because there is a brief window when your superstars are on entry level contracts...otherwise see toronto for results of waiting to build for a deep run
That's why the team traded for Miller, rather than going for $9.5 Benn.

Over the next 5 years, Miller will have more points than Benn, book it!
My theory would be to go for it in the next 2-3 years while Pettersson and Hughes are on ELCs.

Benn would be seriously motivated coming home to win a cup with his bro. The reason I'm keying on JB is his team is struggling and the owner/mgmt have already called out the big guns in big D. He could be had if the stars align....just sayin
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

theman wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:06 am
Topper wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:40 am cutting bait on the lil trojan is long over due

Arent the habs rumoured to be the team interested in tiny troy? What do they have that we need?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:06 am

Look.
Elliotte Friedman

@FriedgeHNIC
Ericsson (DET) on waivers today. Sbisa too
9:03 AM - Oct 22, 2019
Oops! wrong thread. :)
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Possibly promote a young guy? Use Fatburger?

Troy needs ice time before he plays better...right now hes playing like sergeant fumble fuck with any puck on his stick
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:29 am

Troy needs ice time before he plays better...right now hes playing like sergeant fumble fuck with any puck on his stick
Which young guy is as good or better?

Fantenberg isn’t even as good a player as Stecher. I’m all for dumping him for a pick but atm he is easily the 6th best D man in the organization and it isn’t close between him and 7/8/9.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

You like your Fatburger. I see a Brogan.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 am

Fantenberg isn’t even as good a player as Stecher. I’m all for dumping him for a pick but atm he is easily the 6th best D man in the organization and it isn’t close between him and 7/8/9.
I would love to see Rafferty in that seat with fatburger the 7th. I might even say that BG is a better player right now but a little more seasoning in utica could have him being far better as early as late this year.

Ok thats waffling i know. :D
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Could be:

Stecher + 2nd for a 1st + Pysyk (florida retains 50%).

Because if we make the playoffs knock on wood* our 2nd would be in the late 40's-50's range, we give up our 1st to Tampa 2020, and we get Florida's 2020 1st which is probably in the early 20's range and Stech+Pysyk cap comes off the books for next year, while Tryamkin or Woo or OJ take their spot.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Too early to move on from Stetcher, TDD at the earliest,and if the Canucks are in the hunt they won't be moving any capable D-men until the summer.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

I agree. The only way Stetcher is moved is if Juolevi is ready and that can't be determined until at least Christmas.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:10 am My theory would be to go for it in the next 2-3 years while Pettersson and Hughes are on ELCs.

Benn would be seriously motivated coming home to win a cup with his bro. The reason I'm keying on JB is his team is struggling and the owner/mgmt have already called out the big guns in big D. He could be had if the stars align....just sayin
Maybe so, Benning hedged a bit by paying a relatively low price for a top-6 with a very reasonable cap hit. Getting a Benn, with his contract, is not hedging at all.

But I also wonder in light of the criticism of Benn from the Dallas organization if he's the kind of locker room presence we want around our young stars.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:26 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:18 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:01 pm Just say no to any high priced guy in his 30's.

This team is still another year or 2 from being serious contenders, do not hamper that by some guy not producing to his cap hit.
Because there is a brief window when your superstars are on entry level contracts...otherwise see toronto for results of waiting to build for a deep run
Not saying to wait for others to develop, I am saying get the right UFA that fits within the cap. Benn will make $9.5M until 2025, just do not think getting him now will make the team a SC contender.
Getting Benn would likely keep us from being a contender until after he's gone. It's a team destroying move. Just don't do it.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:11 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:10 am My theory would be to go for it in the next 2-3 years while Pettersson and Hughes are on ELCs.

Maybe so, Benning hedged a bit by paying a relatively low price for a top-6 with a very reasonable cap hit. Getting a Benn, with his contract, is not hedging at all.

But I also wonder in light of the criticism of Benn from the Dallas organization if he's the kind of locker room presence we want around our young stars.
By all measures Benn is a great leader of a team, named captain for a reason.
'Bishop family stayed at Benn’s home last night and will stay there until fixes are made at Bishop home. Bishop’s phone died and 45 mins later Benn was at the house to pick the family up'
“Jamie Benn is a goddamn amazing captain”
-Mike McKenna

He's a prick to anyone not on his team, but you want that energy on the ruthless ice when the games are chippy and the battles are fierce.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Tciso wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:16 pm
Getting Benn would likely keep us from being a contender until after he's gone. It's a team destroying move. Just don't do it.
Maybe during years 4 and 5 of his deal but for the first 2 or 3 while the kids are cheap it would be assholes and elbows right to 16 wins