Offseason grades so far

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Offseason grades so far

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:13 pm
micky107 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:58 pm
..My sinsere apoligees; it wilst ne're harppen agin kay?
Sorry doc, I'm with Micky on this one
For fucks sake he's indenting his paragraphs and looking down his nose at everyone who doesn't do the same! :wow:

I mean he can look down his nose at me all he likes

... but I'll be damned if I'm going to stand aside while he looks down his nose at my friends! :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Seriously - what the actual fuck. How can we talk about indentation when we haven't even agreed on a writing style for this damn hockey board?

Should I start a poll for Harvard / APA / Chicago?

This board really needs to get its shit together.

But for anyone wanting to indent, just press tab once you're set.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

But I don't use paragraphs. :cry:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:02 pm
For fucks sake he's indenting his paragraphs and looking down his nose at everyone who doesn't do the same! :wow:

... but I'll be damned if I'm going to stand aside while he looks down his nose at my friends! :evil:
C'mon Doc, you pretentious millennial, give Old Man Mick a break! :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:54 pm Seriously - what the actual fuck. How can we talk about indentation when we haven't even agreed on a writing style for this damn hockey board?

Should I start a poll for Harvard / APA / Chicago?

This board really needs to get its shit together.

But for anyone wanting to indent, just press tab once you're set.
Indenting paragraphs is so fuckin gay...
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:12 pm But I don't use paragraphs. :cry:
Frack I lol on that one.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:23 pm

C'mon Doc, you pretentious millennial, give Old Man Mick a break! :lol:
:mrgreen:

The one day Mick's not around and it's all about him!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

,,, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stand aside while he looks down his nose at my friends! :evil:
FYP. :)

And actually pressing the tab doesn't work. I was joking around, that's all. Not serious. That's what joking around means. Really. Wouldn't lie.

..However, if and when I may choose to apply myself, (and it aint easy anymore), and throw down a wordy well thought
out post with multiple paragraphs, it's always been my intent to indent. :P If for no other reason then my memories of when it was a must.
Documents, contracts, etc.

..Anyways, and this will be the last time I do this, (until I do it again out of habit), I swear. The whole point was, I was
just waiting for someone, anyone for that matter to say to me; FFS, Mick, everyone knows if you want to indent, you just start your
little flashing vertical line at the beginning, then go up and grab the pure white paint option, hit a couple or one periods then start your
paragraph right after the last bracket.
So sorry, it was really not humorous at all. My apologies. It's the hot summer nights.
I'll go stand in the corner now.....

I'm not indenting anymore, never did here anyways. It looks like what Dan says. No pic.
"evolution"
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

micky107 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:41 am And actually pressing the tab doesn't work.
:D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

With the new upgrades in Miller, Ferland and Quinn Hughes, Newell Brown can successfully implement a solid 1-3-1 powerplay formation.

https://www.icehockeysystems.com/blog/1 ... -5-options
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Three more years of Beagle isn't looking very encouraging.
https://canucksarmy.com/2019/04/29/canu ... ay-beagle/

This article is a very negative portrayal but none the less, has accuracies that are notable.
Most did not like the term of the contract but thought the price was palatable.

Not now!

Between Eriksson and Beagle, that is nine million on the cap for three more years and they are both 33, now.

With the exception of Horvat,the cupboards were left rather bare by the previous regime and two of the present regime's ist rounders,
Jake-(still uncertain), and Juolevi-(not played an NHL game yet),
We do finally have some depth now though. First time in many years and hopefully, we can polish the finished roster up a bit by October.

Of particular note; We will have a vastly improved minor league affiliate, now and in the foreseeable future.

Maybe Beagle will find a valuable way to contribute, if not always on the ice,
Eriksson will have to experience a major alteration in the way he sees himself, ie; I'm not a star, I'm a 4th line digger and I'm gonna be the best
damned one I can be.
Doubt that. I envisage a new address in the eastern time zone, likely.
Just isn't worth playing him in grade A slots just to shop him, not now; we have making the playoffs our priority.
Damn, we need playoff hockey back.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The emptying of the swamp is a happening slowly but surely, starting with Spooner, Granlund, Hutton and Gudbranson. The swamp won’t be completely neutralized until Beagle, Eriksson, Schaller, Baertschi and Sutter are Gonzo’d. Benning has made some gaffs, but he is tidying up his mess, learning from his mistakes. It’s sll part and process of being a genius
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Beagle without Sutter or Eriksson is not a problem.

He was brought in to win faceoffs, kill penalties, and help be a veteran mentor for the kids both on and off the ice. He is doing that.

If Beagle plays 82 games, wins 55% of his faceoffs, adds 20 points, AND helps guys like Jake, Brock, and Quinn, become better pro's, then he's worth the money.

When it comes to salaries and on-ice production, you can overpay one guy for the sake of intangibles, but we've got 3.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:40 am Beagle without Sutter or Eriksson is not a problem.

He was brought in to win faceoffs, kill penalties, and help be a veteran mentor for the kids both on and off the ice. He is doing that.

If Beagle plays 82 games, wins 55% of his faceoffs, adds 20 points, AND helps guys like Jake, Brock, and Quinn, become better pro's, then he's worth the money.

When it comes to salaries and on-ice production, you can overpay one guy for the sake of intangibles, but we've got 3.
It will be depressing if the starting lineup for the 2018-20 regular season opening game sees the names - Eriksson, Sutter and Beagle. Seriously, lose that shit - paycheck collectors.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:29 am It’s sll part and process of being a genius
:lol:

Ya no thats not really how it works but carry on...
If you need air...call it in