How did Jimmy do

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How did GMJB do on day 1 of FA

A
19%
B+
38%
B
38%
C
No votes
D
4%
Fail
No votes

Total votes: 26

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: How did Jimmy do

Post by 2Fingers »

If Myers keeps it simple, don’t worry about the points he will do fine.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:51 am If Myers keeps it simple, don’t worry about the points he will do fine.
No he needs to put up some points. He’s not a great defender so he needs to bring some offence for that salary.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:56 am
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:51 am If Myers keeps it simple, don’t worry about the points he will do fine.
No he needs to put up some points. He’s not a great defender so he needs to bring some offence for that salary.
Not saying don’t get points but right now with Edler and Huges he can concentrate playing sound defensively, points will come with his time on the PP etc.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:28 am
micky107 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:30 am A few hits and a few rushes from Myers,and his size alone will impress the fans for a while. He's way better than Guds.
Guds was bewildered. His thoughts were elsewhere. Never will get why he could only embrace the moment once in a while.
I'm betting Myers will be a fan fave. Will look real big in that white home Orca uni.

If Myers and Hughes ever play together, that'll get some air-time on North American Hockey highlights, night versions.
White home jersey?
:lol:

Not since the spaghetti plate days
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Either way Myers >> Tanev and Stecher on the right so it's a solid long-term upgrade in one of the hardest positions (Right-Shot Dmen) to fill besides centers/goalies.

I can see the two-way sound Alex Edler being a solid partner for Myers so both can hopefully get 30+pts each next season, they have proven as such.

Optimistically now if Quinn Hughes is to project to get at least 30+ (if he gets a sheltered role with powerplay time ala Krug),
Stecher 20-25, Benn 15-20, Tanev his usual 10-15.

That's far better than we've ever had in a long time in total team defense points. :thumbs:

As bonus we finally have a more than few capable dmen to handle the big forwards out there now, thank the lord.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

$6 million Edler Money. It’s the $8 Million, you, Ray and Matt were going bonkers about.

Myers - $30 Million
Garrison the Chill Master - $27.5 Million

Blob takes the Chill

Myers - 9 goals last season, playing behind Trouba and ByFucklien on the right side
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:12 pm
Mëds wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:28 am
micky107 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:30 am A few hits and a few rushes from Myers,and his size alone will impress the fans for a while. He's way better than Guds.
Guds was bewildered. His thoughts were elsewhere. Never will get why he could only embrace the moment once in a while.
I'm betting Myers will be a fan fave. Will look real big in that white home Orca uni.

If Myers and Hughes ever play together, that'll get some air-time on North American Hockey highlights, night versions.
White home jersey?
:lol:

Not since the spaghetti plate days
It happens once in a while. I'd like to see it sometimes. Actually I'm just making a lame attempt at covering up my silly fucking mistake.
Thanks for your diligence, Mëds. You got to keep on ur toes around here.
The sentiment was awesome about the fans and Myers size though eh? Ya, great analogy mick, cool.
Spaghetti ? Wonder if there are gi.............no, surprise him.
"evolution"
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

The payment will also become relatively lower as salaries go up, so while it may be an over payment at the moment, it will look quite good in a couple years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Myers and Miller on great contracts. Hayes not! Ouch!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:08 pm Myers and Miller on great contracts. Hayes not! Ouch!
Don't forget NYI just signed their own, 29 year-old Anders Lee to a 7 x $7 Million contract. That's not going to end well either.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:08 pm Myers and Miller on great contracts. Hayes not! Ouch!
Brisebois with a potential lottery pick for a guy who could not crack their top 6.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Meyers is more J-Bou and not Alex Pete when it comes to tall D As long as those are the expectations he'll be ok.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:32 pm
$6 million Edler Money. It’s the $8 Million, you, Ray and Matt were going bonkers about.

Myers - $30 Million
Garrison the Chill Master - $27.5 Million

Blob takes the Chill

Myers - 9 goals last season, playing behind Trouba and ByFucklien on the right side
What was the annual cap hit of Garrison?

Why do you assume I was a massive fan of his? I applauded him getting traded out of here.

Where was I going bonkers? It was WIDELY reported that Myers was going to sign for 7 or 8 over 7 years. I said it would be an awful contract. As usual I’m right and it would have been a poison pill of a contract. The one he signed was not great but not bad either.

But please continue to make shit up.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:24 am
Mëds wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:18 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:09 am Doc also called Erik Gudbranson a legit top 4 d man.

Myers has consistently been over 20 minutes for pretty much all of his career. He was behind Byfuglien and Trouba who are better players. Here only Tanev is a better RH d man. And who knows how long Tanev will remain in Vancouver. Vancouver needed d men in the worst way. He will fill a hole here and be an improvement over the clowns they’ve been trotting out the past five years. He will be a bit of a lightning rod for criticism due to his defensive play and lack of physicality. But he moves the puck well and has a good shot. I understand the signing but this player isn’t going to all of a sudden become an Alex Pietrangelo or a John Carlson.
Pretty much.

I already mentioned Doc's love affair with Gudbranson in a prior post. Seems the good doctor is rather hung up on how many minutes a player gets regardless of whether or not they play on a shitty team. :P
Yeah it was pointed out to him that Gudbranson was fifth in ice time on this garbage fire but he still insisted he was a top 4 d last year.
The Guds has averaged 18.5 minutes per game in his career, Myers has averaged 22.5.

Mëds, you said you agreed minutes-played was a factor in evaluating a dman.

I used minutes-played as one of my factors when I crushed you like a bug in our Myers debate.

That debate turned you into the whiny bitch you are today

... scouring the net for schleps who don't hold Myers in high regard

... and copy-n-pasting their useless information onto our once-pristine board. :scowl:

YOU SUCK YOU JACKASS

No offense intended sir...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:45 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:32 pm $6 million Edler Money. It’s the $8 Million, you, Ray and Matt were going bonkers about.
Where was I going bonkers? It was WIDELY reported that Myers was going to sign for 7 or 8 over 7 years. I said it would be an awful contract. As usual I’m right and it would have been a poison pill of a contract.
You were right? :look:

What strawmen fought you on that?

Keep slaying those windmills Blob Quixote...

Bonkers indeed.
____
Try to focus on someday.