Free agent FRENZY thread. July 1, 2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Re: Free agent FRENZY thread. July 1, 2019

Post by UWSaint »

Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:18 am You do also realize that Myers signing here is likely because he wanted to come to Vancouver right? He lives in Kelowna after all. Same with Benn. It works for all teams, not just NY.
Tsn website showing Benn to Anaheim.
Hono_rary Canadian
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:28 am
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:25 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:23 am
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:18 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:06 am
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:56 am Panarin to the Rangers. That’s one heck of a rebuild going on, new #1 dman and new #1 winger along with a ton of prospects and a good cap situation means they will be contenders for years to come.

To think it only took 5 years to gain a ton of assets and become a contender again. Amazing what can be done when you commit to rebuilding.
They are a contender? Making moves like selling win now players like Hayes, Miller, Vesey, Zuccarello, McDonough for non guaranteed futures makes them a contender?

It helps that you’re a city on Panarins radar. But let’s ignore that

You do also realize that Myers signing here is likely because he wanted to come to Vancouver right? He lives in Kelowna after all. Same with Benn. It works for all teams, not just NY.
NYR - “Cup favourites!”
And here we go - take a statement that says nothing like that and run with it as per usual. You and Strange text each other to come up with the same schtick?
Cause your grass is greener over there HF style Canuck hate is painful to read.
Yep there it is - Jimbro schtick in full effect! Can’t wait for Strange to chime in and say the exact same thing as you again!
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

UWSaint wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:33 am
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:18 am You do also realize that Myers signing here is likely because he wanted to come to Vancouver right? He lives in Kelowna after all. Same with Benn. It works for all teams, not just NY.
Shows Van when I look. May have been a typo.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Trouba - no. 1 defenceman. Kratsov! Fox!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

UWSaint wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:33 am
Updated to show Vancouver. I guess Anaheim is top on the drop down menu and they forgot to update it!
Hono_rary Canadian
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/1 ... fantenberg

Fantenberg acquired by Calgary at the TDD. Now a Canuck. Another Swede, lefty, one year deal, no terms yet.

Pouliot gone, Hutton gone, Schenn gone, cap crunch. Fantenberg it is.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:31 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:26 am
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:23 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:21 am
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:56 am Panarin to the Rangers. That’s one heck of a rebuild going on, new #1 dman and new #1 winger along with a ton of prospects and a good cap situation means they will be contenders for years to come.

To think it only took 5 years to gain a ton of assets and become a contender again. Amazing what can be done when you commit to rebuilding.
They are a contender? Making moves like selling win now players like Hayes, Miller, Vesey, Zuccarello, McDonough for non guaranteed futures makes them a contender?

Huh? Panarin likely wanted to play there because it’s NY sure, but he likely also saw they are close to winning. Still have Henrik, Zibby, Kreider, Staal, Skjei. Drafted Andersson, Kakko, Kravtsov who are all NHL ready. Traded for Fox and Trouba. 3 1st round picks last year. All of these are reasons for Panarin along with the fact it’s NY.

I’m not sure how some people can’t see you can both rebuild and trade quality players away - in fact that’s the whole idea.

You do also realize that Myers signing here is likely because he wanted to come to Vancouver right? He lives in Kelowna after all. Same with Benn. It works for all teams, not just NY.
Close to winning? Cause they have 2nd and 3rd round draft picks and Kravtsov? This after selling a whole bunch of win now players. Yeah, K
Make you a friendly bet? The Rangers finish the season with more points than Vancouver this year.
What’s Vancouver have to do with your “Cup favourite” Beloved Sell the Farm NYR? They have Fox! They have Kratsov!
Straight out of your playbook - make a statement then change the subject. You taking the bet or no? If not obviously you don’t believe what you said.
He is too chicken to take the bet.

#itsallgillisfault
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Dallas adds Zuc, Pavelski, and Sekera. They very well may start this season above average at forward, defense, and in goal. Yet they have a way of disappointing....
Hono_rary Canadian
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Great Gustav Forsling was traded again in a minor whatevs trade. I missed this one. Blob how come you didn’t inform me. I see the great Michael Carcone (Leivo trade) was part of the Zaitsev package
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:38 am
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:31 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:26 am
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:23 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:21 am

Huh? Panarin likely wanted to play there because it’s NY sure, but he likely also saw they are close to winning. Still have Henrik, Zibby, Kreider, Staal, Skjei. Drafted Andersson, Kakko, Kravtsov who are all NHL ready. Traded for Fox and Trouba. 3 1st round picks last year. All of these are reasons for Panarin along with the fact it’s NY.

I’m not sure how some people can’t see you can both rebuild and trade quality players away - in fact that’s the whole idea.

Close to winning? Cause they have 2nd and 3rd round draft picks and Kravtsov? This after selling a whole bunch of win now players. Yeah, K
Make you a friendly bet? The Rangers finish the season with more points than Vancouver this year.
What’s Vancouver have to do with your “Cup favourite” Beloved Sell the Farm NYR? They have Fox! They have Kratsov!
Straight out of your playbook - make a statement then change the subject. You taking the bet or no? If not obviously you don’t believe what you said.
He is too chicken to take the bet.

#itsallgillisfault
Yep more of the same. Troll everyone to keep up the facade but do nothing when called out on it. He and his crew have been doing it for years.

All good, back to talking free agents.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

UWSaint wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:41 am Dallas adds Zuc, Pavelski, and Sekera. They very well may start this season above average at forward, defense, and in goal. Yet they have a way of disappointing....
Perry, too! Though far better odds Sekera bounces back than Perry....
Hono_rary Canadian
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

UWSaint wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:41 am Dallas adds Zuc, Pavelski, and Sekera. They very well may start this season above average at forward, defense, and in goal. Yet they have a way of disappointing....

They also add Perry
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Pavelski - 35 in July
Perry - 34
Sekera - Injury probe

We’ll see
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

UWSaint wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:42 am
Perry, too! Though far better odds Sekera bounces back than Perry....
Is Markus Granlund a top 6 forward with the Oilers?? Not even joking....
Hono_rary Canadian
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:43 am
Pavelski - 35 in July
Sekera - Injury probe

We’ll see
Right. They have a way of disappointing.

Pavelski's success has been about vision, a good release, and great hockey sense. His continued success will be all about his hands....
Hono_rary Canadian