Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:54 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:48 pm
dangler wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:29 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:02 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:59 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:56 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:43 pm I don’t think Hutton makes a deal. Virtanen yes, but even with Jake you’d have to add. Apparently the rumor for Tyson Barrie, or the asking price was - Virtanen, swapping 10th pick for Colorado’s 16th and Canucks 2020 1st round pick. Yeah,no.
If that was the rumoured deal that’s a massive overpayment. It’s almost like other GMs think they can take Elmer out to the woodshed and put a beatin on him.
Benning said the price was too high, hence the Miller trade instead
They were both too high but the Barrie one if true is ridiculous
I prefer the Barrie deal personally, you are at least getting a proven player who fills a gaping hole.
With Miller your getting a player who's already been traded twice and who's work ethic has been questioned.
And it would avoid signing Tyler Myers(Gudbranson 2.0) to a expensive long-term deal
So you like the idea of swapping our 10th for Colorado’s 16th, Virtanen and an unprotected 2020 1st round pick for a 28 year old Tyson Barrie?
YOU like the idea of 112 million spent on Myers and Gardiner
Thought you liked draft picks?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:08 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:47 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:36 pm I’d rather Hutton at one year and 4 million than Gardiner or Myers at 7 x 8...
And that’s why you are Blob. Blob is what happens to you when you prefer the No-action management style of gutless Mike “it’s a process” Gillis and his horrendous drafting over big balls Benning and his great drafting style?
So you would rather spend 56 million on Myers and/or Gardiner than 4 on Hutton?
4 million on a bottom pairing dman is idiotic, he was not good when having to play top 4 minutes. Myers is for sure a number 4 guy and is right handed. Hutton has been shopped for the last 2 years he doesn’t have any trade value cause he’s an overpaid bottom pairing guy, he should be making 2million (think Matt benning’s contract). They won’t qualify him but I’m guessing they’ll offer him a contract in that 2 million range. If he doesn’t take it grab benn for a little more (benn is a better dman and actually puts up decent points 5v5).
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

8 million a year on matching 7 year deals for number 4 d men Myers and Gardiner is smart but a one year deal for 4 million a botton pairing guy in Hutton is dumb. Only on this board.

:stupid:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:09 pm 8 million a year on matching 7 year deals for number 4 d men Myers and Gardiner is smart but a one year deal for 4 million a botton pairing guy in Hutton is dumb. Only on this board.

Wait did Benning already sign Myers? Or are you talking out of your ass?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:09 pm 8 million a year on matching 7 year deals for number 4 d men Myers and Gardiner is smart but a one year deal for 4 million a botton pairing guy in Hutton is dumb. Only on this board.

Hutton $4 Million. Ewww
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:15 pm

Wait did Benning already sign Myers? Or are you talking out of your ass?
Not yet. I’m just laughing at the gaggle of mouth breathers who would want these two slugs at matching 56 million dollar contracts. I guess you guys just want to see the next GM hamstringed as much as possible. No 2021 1st and a pile of poison pill contracts.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

We should wait until July 1 before complaining about Myers' deal. It is still a rumor at this stage.

Hutton's situation is different. If the Canucks qualify him and Hutton files for arbitration, his salary will easily be over $4m which the Canucks have no choice but to accept. It is still early. JB might still sign Hutton to a more reasonable contract, around $3m instead of $4m.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:20 pm

We should wait until July 1 before complaining about Myers' deal. It is still a rumor at this stage.

Hutton's situation is different. If the Canucks qualify him and Hutton files for arbitration, his salary will easily be over $4m which the Canucks have no choice but to accept. It is still early. JB might still sign Hutton to a more reasonable contract, around $3m instead of $4m.
I’m not a big fan of Hutton. He’s about a 3 million dollar player. That said Myers and Gardiner are going to get paid and neither them is better than a #4. Signing either of them to the rumoured contracts would be Eriksson bad.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Pick one.

-JT Miller
-Tyson Barrie
-Tyler Myers
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dangler wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:01 pm Pick one.

-JT Miller
-Tyson Barrie
-Tyler Myers
Barrie. Not even a question. If the rumours are true he'll be signing on as a ufa next summer so no asset heading out is better
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:04 pm

-JT Miller
-Tyson Barrie
-Tyler Myers
Barrie. Not even a question. If the rumours are true he'll be signing on as a ufa next summer so no asset heading out is better
If they throw money around like idiots again this summer, Vancouver won’t have anything left come July 1, 2020.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Hard to keep up with what’s going on around here, but I don’t have too much of an issue with losing Hutton. Yes, the D is a tire fire and needs all the help it can get, and yes Jimbo should have foreseen this at last year’s trade deadline when lesser D like Ben Lovejoy was traded for a 3rd and Connor Carrick, Adam Macquaid for a 4th, 7th and a prospect, Del Zotto for a 6th, but Jimbo gonna Jimbo when it comes to asset management. I agree $4 million is too much for Hutton - as per usual it would have been nice to get something for him but that ship may have sailed.

That said, if Jimbo takes this $4 million savings and includes it in a massive deal for Myers at around $7 million per my opinion will change quickly. Get Colin Miller and sign Jake Gardiner for $7 million a season if you need a Dman, at least then you’d really upgrade the D.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:07 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:04 pm

-JT Miller
-Tyson Barrie
-Tyler Myers
If they throw money around like idiots again this summer, Vancouver won’t have anything left come July 1, 2020.
I would agree, but I figure Jimbo must have something in mind to get Loui’s deal off the books. Perhaps he retires or there’s already a trade in the works? His deal is only $13 million in real cash after July 1 so it’s not as bad as it seems.

Trade one of a Tanev or Sutter as well, recoup an asset and some cap space and perhaps the deal makes sense.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Eriksson should be gone by october so theres some coin. They arent going to qualify hutton so that hit is gone as well now. Still lots of wiggle room but sure hope there isnt a mega burden contract handed to myers
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:14 pm Eriksson should be gone by october so theres some coin. They arent going to qualify hutton so that hit is gone as well now. Still lots of wiggle room but sure hope there isnt a mega burden contract handed to myers
Most of us hope this