Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Baertschi Sutter Leivo
Motte Beagle Roussel

Hopefully gonzo

Granlund
Schaller
Spooner
Eriksson

On the farm

Gaudette

Defence

Edler Tanev
Stecher Hutton
Schenn Hughes

Juolevi on the farm
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:01 am Miller Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Baertschi Sutter Leivo
Motte Beagle Roussel

Hopefully gonzo

Granlund
Schaller
Spooner
Eriksson

On the farm

Gaudette

Defence

Edler Tanev
Stecher Hutton
Schenn Hughes

Juolevi on the farm
Bennings interview on global this am he said now theyre going hard for at least 2 defensemen and thats their focus heading into july 1st. He must be preparing to throw cake around the way hes talking.

Consisting yesterdays trade I'd say this is where the canucks and aquabros are going all in. Should be interesting...

My feeling is he will try and take myers and a 2nd pairing guy like strahlman.
If you need air...call it in
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:59 am
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Baertschi Sutter Leivo
Motte Beagle Roussel

Hopefully gonzo

Granlund
Schaller
Spooner
Eriksson

On the farm

Gaudette

Defence

Edler Tanev
Stecher Hutton
Schenn Hughes

Juolevi on the farm
Bennings interview on global this am he said now theyre going hard for at least 2 defensemen and thats their focus heading into july 1st. He must be preparing to throw cake around the way hes talking.

Consisting yesterdays trade I'd say this is where the canucks and aquabros are going all in. Should be interesting...

Yup, it's gonna be another silly season in Vancouver. You can just tell that cap space is burning a hole in their collective pocket. Hope they limit the movement and trade clauses because I get the impression they are now focused on the present rather than the future and "we'll deal with the cap and future contracts when we have to". Those are also the two d-men that I think they're going to target.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

T’was brilliant to lottery protect the 2020 first unlike those dingbats in Calgary (see Blobs Stud - Hamonic trade)
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:59 am
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Baertschi Sutter Leivo
Motte Beagle Roussel

Hopefully gonzo

Granlund
Schaller
Spooner
Eriksson

On the farm

Gaudette

Defence

Edler Tanev
Stecher Hutton
Schenn Hughes

Juolevi on the farm

Take the cheque book away from Elmer.

He’s like Nicholas Cage filling his shopping buggy in Leaving Las Vegas
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Somebody explain to Bubbles that the 26 year old former 1st round pick - Miller is on a good contract. I think Blob is mad that Benning lottery protected the 2020 first unlike his beloved Flames regarding the “Stud” trade
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

3 goals in 61 games when it matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Future lineup

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Hoglander Horvat Podkozlin
Lind Gaudette Virtanen
Roussel Madden Gadjovich

Lockwood

Woo Hughes
Tanev Juolevi
Stecher Tryamkin
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:09 pm I get the impression they are now focused on the present rather than the future and "we'll deal with the cap and future contracts when we have to".
I don't see that.

He's got Sutter, Baer, Pearson, Edler all coming off the books right when Petey, Hughes, and Juolevi are due big bucks.

He paid the price to get the top-sixer we needed (Miller) with a low cap hit rather than overpay a UFA for free.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:02 pm 3 goals in 61 games when it matters
How many times has Blob said "Assists don't matter?!!" :lol:

Lol, such an assclown this Blobby Mac...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s basically a 4 goal pace per 82 games. So if they make the playoffs during his four years here we can count on a goal every 20 games.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Baertschi Sutter Leivo
Motte Beagle Roussel

Hopefully gonzo

Granlund
Schaller
Spooner
Eriksson

On the farm

Gaudette

Defence

Edler Tanev
Stecher Hutton
Schenn Hughes

Juolevi on the farm
Looks pretty close, but that's a ton of tweener wingers to rely on. Pearson, Jake, Baertschi, Leivo, Motte, Roussel - need to hope that 3 or 4 of them have 20 goal years in order to move this team forward. No room for guys like Gaudette and MacEwan either which is not ideal.

The D still looks terrible, that's not a playoff team and it's not close. I think they need to move on from Tanev and Hutton, upgrading them both if possible. Myers on a relatively decent deal would be an upgrade, so would a few other guys that are supposedly available in trades so we will see what Jimbo does.

Supposedly Nyqvist is another target - on a relatively short deal (3 years) I'd be fine with him, he's shown he's a good scorer and could be a good winger for Bo.

Still lots of bodies to move out - lots of work to do and not many teams can take on money, so it's going to be difficult to move some guys.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Diehard1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:21 pm
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Baertschi Sutter Leivo
Motte Beagle Roussel

Hopefully gonzo

Granlund
Schaller
Spooner
Eriksson

On the farm

Gaudette

Defence

Edler Tanev
Stecher Hutton
Schenn Hughes

Juolevi on the farm
Looks pretty close, but that's a ton of tweener wingers to rely on. Pearson, Jake, Baertschi, Leivo, Motte, Roussel - need to hope that 3 or 4 of them have 20 goal years in order to move this team forward. No room for guys like Gaudette and MacEwan either which is not ideal.

The D still looks terrible, that's not a playoff team and it's not close. I think they need to move on from Tanev and Hutton, upgrading them both if possible. Myers on a relatively decent deal would be an upgrade, so would a few other guys that are supposedly available in trades so we will see what Jimbo does.

Supposedly Nyqvist is another target - on a relatively short deal (3 years) I'd be fine with him, he's shown he's a good scorer and could be a good winger for Bo.

Still lots of bodies to move out - lots of work to do and not many teams can take on money, so it's going to be difficult to move some guys.
Myers was barely putting a good game together in what was essentially a 5th man role for the Jets. I'm not sure why we are high on him here these days. Physically he's probably an upgrade on Tanev, but he's at best an evenly matched skater, and more prone to defensive mistakes. His ask will be at least 5 years at $6M minimum. Some idiot will give it to him too. I hope it's not Elmer.

Nyqvist will be asking $5M. He'd be too much of an Eriksson risk, and 3 years is too long for that at this stage.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:52 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:02 pm 3 goals in 61 games when it matters
How many times has Blob said "Assists don't matter?!!" :lol:

Lol, such an assclown this Blobby Mac...
26 point in 61 games in 6 seasons but three of those years he played only 4 games each. Sounds like those were sweeps and probably nobody got much production.

What I like about this trade is he’s big, mean (44 pims) in those playoff games. Fits the age spread of the team and he’s a young veteran presence that complements Horvat.

I don’t like the comparison of the trades NJ and Carolina made because I wouldn’t want either player and I’d like to to keep all that cap space as much as possible thank you.

I’ll
Admit that when it comes to trades Benning doesn’t have a record of fleecing other teams but what I do like is the methodical approach to filling his needs.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

If Bender is going after 2 dmen I’ll bet he wants Gardiner and Myers and trades Stecher and lets Hutton walk

Edler Tanev
Gardiner Myers
Hughes Schenn