Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16254
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:03 pm

SKYO wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:38 pm
Virtanen gonna get 25 goals this season.

Demko is slowly taking over the #1 goalie status.
Virtanen had 8 goals last season after 20 games and finished with 15.

I like Demko but we need to see a bigger sample size. I’d like to see him play 40 % of the games this year.

As an aside can they just park Louie’s lazy ass? He played what, 5 minutes the other night? Surely Zack MacEwen can bring more to the table than Chef’s boi toi Louie.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15817
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Jake will never score more than 15 goals in a season. If he does it will be as flukey as Aucoin and Garrison scoring 20 in one season
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11006
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by SKYO » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:32 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:03 pm
SKYO wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:38 pm
Virtanen gonna get 25 goals this season.

Demko is slowly taking over the #1 goalie status.
Virtanen had 8 goals last season after 20 games and finished with 15.

I like Demko but we need to see a bigger sample size. I’d like to see him play 40 % of the games this year.

As an aside can they just park Louie’s lazy ass? He played what, 5 minutes the other night? Surely Zack MacEwen can bring more to the table than Chef’s boi toi Louie.
JV just to rain on my parade lol, but he's older now and much wiser. :D

Yup hope Demko earns more starts as the season progresses.

Like Andrew Ladd - Loui Eriksson should hit waivers and join Utica, it's MacEwen time, he's a beast out there.

Eriksson making $6M this season *(correction, had a $4,000,000 US signing bonus July 1st, $1 million bucks salary this season) &
is doing not much to earn a spot at this point, with all the goals scored this season Loui has ZERO points.

Loui Eriksson has NO hits, 4 blocked shots, only a 43.3% CF on 5v5, provides no energy, provides no scoring help, provides no leadership, provides nothing but a able body where he won't sacrfice it to win games, he's a liability out there at this rate if he's not scoring.

MacEwen would probably have at least a few points by now in his place and provide way more sandpaper, hits, solid work along the boards and a better overall work ethic to inspire the rest of team to help win games.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9823
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by micky107 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Lines in morning skate:

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser "mick says thanks"
Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen
Baertschi-Gaudette-Leivo
Schaller-Graovac-Eriksson

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher

It is confirmed Thatcher Demko starts.
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9823
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by micky107 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:07 pm

.
Greens last words before the avalanche.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/prega ... /c-4605198
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9823
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by micky107 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:12 am

.
T.J. Miller on "After Hours" (Sportsnet/HNIC feature), after game vs Avs,
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/hou ... hl-career/
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9823
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by micky107 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:13 pm

.
Somewhat significant I would think. 8-)
ancouver #Canucks
.
Roussel has shed the non-contact jersey. He’s back to practicing for real!
Beagle is also on the ice. No Motte, Sutter or Ferland, they did not travel.
11:01 AM · Nov 18, 2019
https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1196 ... 6709548033

https://streamable.com/pjklz#
Thomas Drance
Travis Green says Ferland has been taking part in on-ice workouts. Expects Jay Beagle to play Tuesday vs. Dallas. Says the #Canucks could get Brandon Sutter back for at least a practice on this road trip. Confirms that Roussel has been cleared for contact.
12:06 PM · Nov 18, 2019
"evolution"

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by The Brown Wizard » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:23 am

I see Lou-zer plays again tonight. Seriously what the living FUCK is going on?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9823
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by micky107 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:38 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:23 am
I see Lou-zer plays again tonight. Seriously what the living FUCK is going on?
He aint come on da radio yet but maybe Trav can shed some light.
Me thinks there's an underlying plan. :devil:
"evolution"

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22181
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Strangelove » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:06 pm

micky107 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:38 am
Me thinks there's an underlying plan. :devil:
Maybe there's a deal not to send him down this year if he retires in the summer?

Okay, this should probably be in the fantasy thread...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by The Brown Wizard » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:11 pm

micky107 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:38 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:23 am
I see Lou-zer plays again tonight. Seriously what the living FUCK is going on?
He aint come on da radio yet but maybe Trav can shed some light.
Me thinks there's an underlying plan. :devil:
The only underlying plan I see is creepy looking italians lurking in the shadows yanking strings on puppets
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3369
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Madcombinepilot » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm

well, other than the obvious message of being scratched for a call up (and what it does to the scratched players mentality - most of the time) why the heck is MacEwen not playing for Loui while Loui is sitting in comfort in the pressbox????

I mean, if we tell Loui that he is getting a rest so he can go drinking tonight, would that scar his ego???
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11124
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Topper » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm
well, other than the obvious message of being scratched for a call up (and what it does to the scratched players mentality - most of the time) why the heck is MacEwen not playing for Loui while Loui is sitting in comfort in the pressbox????

I mean, if we tell Loui that he is getting a rest so he can go drinking tonight, would that scar his ego???
He could have a date night with his wife while in Dallas.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3369
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Madcombinepilot » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:18 pm

Topper wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm
well, other than the obvious message of being scratched for a call up (and what it does to the scratched players mentality - most of the time) why the heck is MacEwen not playing for Loui while Loui is sitting in comfort in the pressbox????

I mean, if we tell Loui that he is getting a rest so he can go drinking tonight, would that scar his ego???
He could have a date night with his wife while in Dallas.
SOLD!! whatever gets him off the fucking ice.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11124
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Topper » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:58 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:18 pm
Topper wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm
well, other than the obvious message of being scratched for a call up (and what it does to the scratched players mentality - most of the time) why the heck is MacEwen not playing for Loui while Loui is sitting in comfort in the pressbox????

I mean, if we tell Loui that he is getting a rest so he can go drinking tonight, would that scar his ego???
He could have a date night with his wife while in Dallas.
SOLD!! whatever gets him off the fucking ice.
Never know, maybe getting laid by the battleaxe will spark his on ice performance.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Post Reply