Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:51 pm I haven’t heard it reported much but last year he basically quit on the team. His symptoms were done and he was cleared to play but “he didn’t feel right” was the excuse (which I don’t blame him with his concussion issues that could be a scary thing). If he’s had a true change of heart and wants to be part of this team he can prove it in Utica and he’ll be the first call up. As of right now I don’t blame management and coaching for waiving him.
Yup. Also we really don't need someone going on LTIR right now...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:37 pm Yeah, like Eriksson, Motte and Sutter. That's jam if you've ever seen it.
The hell does that have to do with Schaller?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:01 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:01 pm Those teams could skate too Skyo but your defence of Tom Schaller is cute :o
Hate to break it to you hargraves, but you can't win championships full of just speedy fast Sandersons in your lineup, ya need some jam in your lineup as well.
Hate to break it to you but please bring up where I said teams win with “Sandersons”... or are you just making shit up?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:24 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:37 pm Yeah, like Eriksson, Motte and Sutter. That's jam if you've ever seen it.
The hell does that have to do with Schaller?
We couldn't keep Baertschi cause we needed Schaller's jam. [I realize you didn't directly state this, but I suspect it was part of Green's reasoning.]

Hence, I was just pointing out some other guys (with jam) that were kept up instead of Baertschi.

Capisce? :mrgreen:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:39 pm
Cuz they'll miss making fun of his crossed eyes, slurring, and drooling?

Yeahno, to coin a phrase, "Fuck Baertschi". :drink:
This is disgusting. New lows. Very disappointing.
Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:39 pm
Because if a sports write out there somewhere says it, Mick will believe it! :lol:
No. I report what I see and hear. My beliefs are my own and based on what I see on the ice, my experience and largely the fact that
everyone's shit stinks !!!, in other words; non bias. :devil:
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:51 pm I haven’t heard it reported much but last year he basically quit on the team. His symptoms were done and he was cleared to play but “he didn’t feel right” was the excuse (which I don’t blame him with his concussion issues that could be a scary thing). If he’s had a true change of heart and wants to be part of this team he can prove it in Utica and he’ll be the first call up. As of right now I don’t blame management and coaching for waiving him.
This is a more reasonable statement. He did look better in camp, (regardless what was said to the contrary today, ahem!).
If he isn't claimed, he will get called up as soon as the team can afford it. Afford it. the real reason.

Sending Baertschi down with his previous health issues no doubt looks better to the PA then throwing the under performing Eriksson
man under the bus and sending his sorry ass to the farm. Indeed.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Been told a few teams seriously are thinking of claiming Biega off waivers, let’s see if it happens in the morning. #Canucks
9:17 PM · Sep 30, 2019
no surprise there
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Points per minute
1. Pettersson - 0.051
2. Boeser - 0.042
3. Baertschi - 0.036
4. Horvat - 0.036

Shooting %
1. Baertschi - 20.9
2. Pettersson - 19.4...........................................silly statistical hyperbole.
3. Boeser - 12.4
4. Horvat - 11.9

PP GF/60
1. Pettersson - 7.3
2. Baertschi - 7.0
3. Horvat - 7.0
4. Boeser - 6.6

I know, doesn't mean much. :)
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Canuck interviews; Benning, Green, Gaudette, Boeser;

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/news- ... c-69245603
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:51 pm I haven’t heard it reported much but last year he basically quit on the team.
So did Eriksson. He’s quit on the team for three consecutive seasons.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Eriksson is a better all around player than Baertschi. The problem being, the Gillis Bros allow for Eriksson’s contract to screw up with their assessment. Baertschi was a constant disappearing act and the frustration of many fans and media, but as usual, that is forgotten. It always ends up becoming about Eriksson and his contract with every whiner in this city. I got news for you - Baertschi isn’t that good. Not too mention that everybody knew there was going to be a sacrificial lamb which seems to be common place with every team in the NHL these days thanks to the cap and the fact that young players coming off their entry level contracts these days are hitting jack pot like we’ve never seen before
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Contracts do tend to be looked at in a cap world Sunshine. The team’s slowest, softest and laziest player is also the team highest paid player. Last guy to practice and the first guy off the ice. Yeah he’s a real mentor. :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:18 am Eriksson is a better all around player than Baertschi. The problem being, the Gillis Bros allow for Eriksson’s contract to screw up with their assessment. Baertschi was a constant disappearing act and the frustration of many fans and media, but as usual, that is forgotten. It always ends up becoming about Eriksson and his contract with every whiner in this city. I got news for you - Baertschi isn’t that good. Not too mention that everybody knew there was going to be a sacrificial lamb which seems to be common place with every team in the NHL these days thanks to the cap and the fact that young players coming off their entry level contracts these days are hitting jack pot like we’ve never seen before
Not entirely right. Regardless of what Green said, he did have a good camp and looked better, happier and more willing to use his abilities.
I have never been a big fan of Sven but was impressed with his camp and wllingness to get in there and battle for a spot.

IF>>> he's that guy, there's plenty of upside and NHL talent. The demotion was simply to be cap compliant and the fact that he would be more sought after than the six million dollar man.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I have never seen so many people absolutely lose their shit over waiving a 3rd line, often injured tweener.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:35 am I have never seen so many people absolutely lose their shit over waiving a 3rd line, often injured tweener.
Who’s losing their shit here?