Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The three THN amigos discussed whether or not the Canucks are Stanley Cup contenders now on their podcast a few days ago.

Jump to 19:50 for the Canucks chat:

https://www.si.com/hockey/podcast/the-h ... tanley-cup
el rey del mambo
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:08 pm Boeser actually had a very good playoffs. With the exception of the first 3 games of the Blues series he was one of our best forwards.

His 11 points 17 games are miles away better than Jakes' 3 points in 16. Stop cherry picking stats in an attempt to make your case.
Anyone can pile up some assists playing with Petey and JT.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:52 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:08 pm Boeser actually had a very good playoffs. With the exception of the first 3 games of the Blues series he was one of our best forwards.

His 11 points 17 games are miles away better than Jakes' 3 points in 16. Stop cherry picking stats in an attempt to make your case.
Really ? So this makes the older, lazier TT a better fit?

"Anyone" -- F**k ! Sign me up. :drink:
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Please don't start THAT again. :roll: That's all we heard about playing with the Sedins, god that was awful. In the end it was about chemistry playing with the Twins, and Toffoli has a lot of it playing with Millsy and Petey.

And with Boeser seemingly getting hurt every year, having Toffoli around will help the team keep the train going towards a good playoff spot hopefully.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:04 pm

Please don't start THAT again. :roll: That's all we heard about playing with the Sedins, god that was awful. In the end it was about chemistry playing with the Twins, and Toffoli has a lot of it playing with Millsy and Petey.

And with Boeser seemingly getting hurt every year, having Toffoli around will help the team keep the train going towards a good playoff spot hopefully.
So locking up Toffoli on his UFA payday makes sense? Who got hurt and couldn't help the team in the playoffs? Was it Toffoli? MM?

Boeser is the one with chemistry along side Petey and Miller. Oh wait! He was there first. Someone told me he went to the Allstar
game his first year! Guess that was the same f*cking moron that told me he was the MVP too. :look:
Toffoli is making 4.6 now and you guys want to give him more and term too. WHY?
A little younger Eriksson commin on up.........................................................................................................
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:51 am
Micky wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:21 pm Him and Bure was a stupid idea. No comradery there.
No... what was a stupid idea was not having any decent centres to get them the puck.
I was going to suggest they should have held on to Patrik Sundström, but upon closer scrutiny I realize their NHL careers only overlap by one year, and by then Patrik already had problems with his back... so, never mind. :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Micky wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:37 pm So locking up Toffoli on his UFA payday makes sense? Who got hurt and couldn't help the team in the playoffs? Was it Toffoli? MM?

Boeser is the one with chemistry along side Petey and Miller. Oh wait! He was there first. Someone told me he went to the Allstar
game his first year! Guess that was the same f*cking moron that told me he was the MVP too. :look:
Toffoli is making 4.6 now and you guys want to give him more and term too. WHY?
A little younger Eriksson commin on up.........................................................................................................
With the Canucks it took Toffoli mere seconds to pass Eriksson in points in the playoffs lol. Control your temper man.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:

Mick whats with the rage?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:33 am :lol:

Me? When have I ev.......................

:devil:
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Yep. And in the end the only linemates that really piled up the points to make for a truly dynamic trio on offense were Carter and Burrows. Plenty of others got the chance.....and many failed to thrive with the Sedins.....including Topper's all time favorite, Mason-turn-and-dump-Raymond.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Mëds wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:49 am

Yep. And in the end the only linemates that really piled up the points to make for a truly dynamic trio on offense were Carter and Burrows. Plenty of others got the chance.....and many failed to thrive with the Sedins.....including Topper's all time favorite, Mason-turn-and-dump-Raymond.
I don't get the 'trade Boeser' talk, unless a top D man is coming back in his prime and under contract at a reasonable cap hit, why move him? He plays well with Miller and Petey and has chemistry with Horvat on top of that. He is not one of my 'untouchables' but he is in the next category. Only move him if a great package is coming back our way.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:25 am I don't get the 'trade Boeser' talk, unless a top D man is coming back in his prime and under contract at a reasonable cap hit, why move him? He plays well with Miller and Petey and has chemistry with Horvat on top of that. He is not one of my 'untouchables' but he is in the next category. Only move him if a great package is coming back our way.
Brock + Sven for> Thomas Chabot ! There done..
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

theman wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:25 am I don't get the 'trade Boeser' talk, unless a top D man is coming back in his prime and under contract at a reasonable cap hit, why move him? He plays well with Miller and Petey and has chemistry with Horvat on top of that. He is not one of my 'untouchables' but he is in the next category. Only move him if a great package is coming back our way.
I will give you a couple reason why....

1 - COVID19 brain
2 - we are fans
3 - we are Canucks fans so obviously we need to trade players on our team
4 - it is summer and we have no more hockey for the next XXX months
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:29 pm
I will give you a couple reason why....

1 2 - COVID19 brain
2 3 - we are fans
3 4 - we are Canucks fans so obviously we need to trade players on our team
4 5 - it is summer and we have no more hockey for the next XXX months
And the #1 reason to talk about trading Brock...

It drives Micky completely insane! :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:33 am :lol:

Micky is obsessed with The Flow.

If Brock knew the extent of dat dere, he'd demand a trade!

Micky, please don't let him catch you lurking outside his window...
____
Try to focus on someday.