Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:50 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:35 am Alex Biega would come in handy right about now.

I was told by at least one poster that John Cafferty was ready for prime time
Alex would've been the guy but he wanted a crack at full time so Benning respectfully moved him somewhere he had that shot.

Brogan spent what...10 some odd games in van last year and looked far more polished playing NHL defense than whatever the fuck it is that JC is doing.

Lets hope hes coming up to eat popcorn while fatburger subs in for Tanev as hes at least somewhere close to NHL calibre
No.... he just wasn’t crazy about going back to Utica. And he probably shouldn’t have been waived.

Cafferty played two games last season

Agreed Chatfield is terrible
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I would imagine Fatburger feasts, Chestefield sits.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Originally looked like Baertschi and Eriksson would play and Gaudette will sit. It is NOT confirmed.
FYI; I just saw that if and when Gaudette plays 12 more NHL games, his waiver exemption is over. Pisser.

In re to Chatfield, he has all zeros on his stats sheet for the 11 games in the AHL, save the plus/minus where he is a +2 and 12 shots taken
which looks to be the most from a D-man.
Green; takes a while to load. Don't know when he did this. It is TSN; https://www.tsn.ca/defenceman-jalen-cha ... -1.1394774
Iain MacIntyre
Chris Tanev well enough to work on ice this morning with D coach Nolan Baumgartner. But doesn’t look like playing tonight.
9:45 AM · Nov 8, 2019
Adam Gaudette also doing extra work on morning off for #Canucks, so looks like Sven Baertschi going into the lineup tonight vs Jets. Coach Travis Green talks to media at 430 pm Winnipeg time.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Surprise
@Canucks;Sven Baertschi
returns to the #Canucks line-up tonight.
Chris Tanev WILL play vs. Winnipeg.
Demko starts.
Also Gaudette out / Eriksson still in.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:01 pm
Asinine. Air Thief must have pictures of someone. He’s a useless tit.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm
Gaudette and Eriksson both played poorly last night.

But only one underperformed expectations.
Hono_rary Canadian
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

UWSaint wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:32 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm
Gaudette and Eriksson both played poorly last night.

But only one underperformed expectations.
One guy has 4 points in 7 games and is +3. The other guy has 0 points in 7 games and is -3. The gig is up. It isn’t like Louie is being used heavily on the PK either. One guy is a young energetic and improving player. The other guy is declining rapidly, is old and lethargic.

I know which guy I’d rather watch.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:10 pm I know which guy I’d rather watch.
Exactly - I don't even notice Loui until after a play has gone to die on his stick, or I see a half hearted move around the net...

Just be thankful you're not the guy writing those cheques. We've all done some dumb shit over the years, but I don't know any of causes the regrets of signing the air thief.

#playgaudetteforfuckssake #puttheairthiefonabustoutica
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

anyone else notice Loui's bowlegged stance recently?

Luka, comments?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Don’t panic
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

How many points does Horvat have 5 on 5? Where can I find this stat?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:46 am How many points does Horvat have 5 on 5? Where can I find this stat?
https://www.officepools.com/nhl/entity/player/5988 Image
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So to shake things up and jumpstart Horvats line i might move Boeser onto his wing for 5v5 then look into a bit more grit for Pettersson and Millers wing. MacEwan has excellent skating for a bigger guy plus has a decent set of hands...i would give it a few games to see if theres any chemistry there.

I see Horvat stuck with average wingers in Pearson, Leivo and Virtanen whereas Boeser stepping down to the 2nd line might help distribute the opposition focus a bit better.

Pettersson and Miller should have a grittier type of winger to dig out pucks and knock bodies around i think. A little too much dipsy danglin and a bull causing a bit of chaos might be worth a look
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Serious? 1 point 5 on 5? Ouch
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:18 am So to shake things up and jumpstart Horvats line i might move Boeser onto his wing for 5v5 then look into a bit more grit for Pettersson and Millers wing. MacEwan has excellent skating for a bigger guy plus has a decent set of hands...i would give it a few games to see if theres any chemistry there.

I see Horvat stuck with average wingers in Pearson, Leivo and Virtanen whereas Boeser stepping down to the 2nd line might help distribute the opposition focus a bit better.

Pettersson and Miller should have a grittier type of winger to dig out pucks and knock bodies around i think. A little too much dipsy danglin and a bull causing a bit of chaos might be worth a look
I have a hard time breaking up a line that is one of the best lines in hockey right now.