Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Zedlee »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:09 am We all knew that if Biega was getting regular minutes were were in the shitter. I liked the guy. I like his hustle. I like how he tried to play like he was 6” taller. He was the perfect 7-8 Dman . I’m glad it was handled quietly and I respect Benning for accommodating him. I wish him success in Detroit. He maybe a loss for Utica but not for the Canucks.

If we get to a point this season where we miss him than all I can say is get ready for a great
Lottery pick! Really.
A great lottery pick (maybe first overall finally!)....

Selected by Tampa Bay...

Would that not be the icing on the 50th birthday cake?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Zedlee wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:09 am We all knew that if Biega was getting regular minutes were were in the shitter. I liked the guy. I like his hustle. I like how he tried to play like he was 6” taller. He was the perfect 7-8 Dman . I’m glad it was handled quietly and I respect Benning for accommodating him. I wish him success in Detroit. He maybe a loss for Utica but not for the Canucks.

If we get to a point this season where we miss him than all I can say is get ready for a great
Lottery pick! Really.

Selected by Tampa Bay...

If we're in lotto land the pick is protected Zed so that scenario only plays out if we go full lotto 2 years in a row
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:53 am Fuck man whats with so few games? Its like following football or something
Seriously, it feels like a week since Canucks last played. :(
Its only been since April
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 am
Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:53 am Fuck man whats with so few games? Its like following football or something
Seriously, it feels like a week since Canucks last played. :(
Its only been since April
Sad but true. :(
____
Try to focus on someday.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:38 am
Zedlee wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 am

Lottery pick! Really.

Selected by Tampa Bay...

If we're in lotto land the pick is protected Zed so that scenario only plays out if we go full lotto 2 years in a row
Ok...we get to keep out lottery pick next year, if it comes to that. The next season is when my disaster scenario may come to pass..
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

This is an interview, (radio 650 am) this morning with Todd Bertuzzi. https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/sportsnets ... leep-away/
You can start at about one hour 19 minute mark. The conversation gets into offense and in particular, the powerplay.
When Todd is asked about someone he had as an assistant coach, (Newell Brown), he very quickly changes things up with a laugh and
goes on to express his thoughts on how the offense and PP should work in regards to the guys developing chemistry together.

The point of this is; Fire Newell Brown! as I, for one, do not think he is helping one iota.
Notice I'm not saying fire Green ........................yet.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Zedlee wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:54 am Ok...we get to keep out lottery pick next year, if it comes to that. The next season is when my disaster scenario may come to pass..
If we are a lottery team for the next 2 years we would see a housecleaning at the top.

I see a team struggling with chemistry and integrating the new guys. It'll take a bit of time understandably
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Is Petey in the sophomore slump and also suffering from the Sopel syndrome - bulked up over the summer (Captain America) and it will take half a season before he gets used to his new body - damn roids.

Is it time to promote Hockey Gaud to the first line between Boeser and Miller and let Petey work things out for a few months on the third line with Jake and Ferlund?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:41 pm Is Petey in the sophomore slump and also suffering from the Sopel syndrome - bulked up over the summer (Captain America) and it will take half a season before he gets used to his new body - damn roids.

Is it time to promote Hockey Gaud to the first line between Boeser and Miller and let Petey work things out for a few months on the third line with Jake and Ferlund?
I would never compare Pettersson to Sopel. Pettersson might need sometimes to adjust but definitely will not need half a season, perhaps a couple more games.

As for switching spot with Gaudette, Green would be pretty stupid to piss off your franchise centre.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:41 pm Is Petey in the sophomore slump and also suffering from the Sopel syndrome - bulked up over the summer (Captain America) and it will take half a season before he gets used to his new body - damn roids.

Smoke less rock
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Oh almost for sure.

2 games in with 10 new faces on the team. Time to shit bricks and run for the hills.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:55 pm Smoke less rock
Good to see you made it Okie through the Coqui...

:mex:

Just saw a dude smoking rock in the Safeway parking lot. It's a safer way to smoke rock in a more upscale location.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:59 pm
2 games in with 10 new faces on the team. Time to shit bricks and run for the hills.
Or...just twist up some fat spliffs and glaze your eyes to soften the blow
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Any of you reprobates going to the game tomorrow?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I is going :mrgreen:

If they don't score on the PP, I'm starting a "Fire Gillis Brown!" chant.

Who you calling a reprobate? I'm pro rebate.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!