Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Mickey107 »

Ya, it's official. I feel a little bad for Sven only that Louis Eriksson is and continues to be a joke for a professional hockey
player making 6 million dollars a year.
Baertschi will, I think be picked up.
I would have put LE on waivers and sent him to the farm and let him rot.

The rumor is Benning may be after Schenn again. If true, that's why Baer was waived.
Don't see the point.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I could get behind sending Biega to the minors if they pick up Luke Schenn. Let Biega help shepherd the kids down there and be organizational depth. I doubt he gets claimed but he’s a better player than Fantenberg is.

Maybe they also like another forward on the waiver wire and will expose Loui if they get him. A guy can hope.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Puck wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:58 am One-hit to retirement notwithstanding...
Baertschi looked good with Gaudette and would probably do well on the 3rd line. I assume he's being waived because he frees up more cap than Schaller.
SB provides more cap only if he is claimed.

So the logic is either the team wants him to be claimed (and get rid of the cap space for next year) or they are wed to the idea of line types and because Baertschi isn't slotting into the top 6 today he doesn't have a role.
Hono_rary Canadian
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

micky107 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:17 am The rumor is Benning may be after Schenn again. If true, that's why Baer was waived.
Don't see the point.
Baer was waived because Schaller and Eriksson and Leivo and Motte weren't and Gaudette wasn't returned.

Do you mean Biega? If so, that could be true and there is a logic to having Schenn in the press box instead of Biega in the press box. Ultimately the question of which #7/8 is here is marginal stuff. That player will get games in, but at this point, there's no saying they would be more effective playing a set of games then the Utica first 2 call up options, OJ or Rafferty.
Hono_rary Canadian
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Reposted from another thread:

Biega because Rafferty and Benn. Canucks must feel comfortable with 7 D up and Benn switching sides when games are missed here and there, and comfortable with Rafferty playing if more time would be missed by Tanev, Myers, or Stetcher. Biega will likely pass through anyhow.

Goldobin because no improvement. He will get claimed.

Baertschi makes sense only if the hope is he is claimed and Canucks have decided they’d prefer the cap gap to the player (and 3 M off the books next season). There is a logic to that, but I think it’s foolish because I think he is plainly one of best 8 wings in the organization and that’s enough.
Hono_rary Canadian
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I see that Eriksson is probably (pencilled in), to the third line. Gaudette has made the team. and that's awesome, he deserved it. He won it.
It was, to some degree, Baertschi he had the chemistry going with. I thought; Cool ! Three scoring lines.
Not going to happen with Green as coach.
It's funny. Some might think Travis Green coaches like a minor league coach.

If I recall, we didn't like Luke Schenn's foot speed. If we scoop him, he is very cheap / league minimum.
"evolution"
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

UWSaint wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:50 am
Baertschi looked good with Gaudette and would probably do well on the 3rd line. I assume he's being waived because he frees up more cap than Schaller.

So the logic is either the team wants him to be claimed (and get rid of the cap space for next year) or they are wed to the idea of line types and because Baertschi isn't slotting into the top 6 today he doesn't have a role.
Putting Baertschi on waivers is terrible asset management when you are keeping Schaller and Little things. Loui did nothing in the pre-season. Baertshi showed great chemistry with Gaudette.

Protecting bums and waiving goal scorers. WTF.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 am
Sadly, I can think of 6,000,000 reasons why Loui is still on the roster... :/
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

UWSaint wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:50 am

Putting Baertschi on waivers is terrible asset management when you are keeping Schaller and Little things. Loui did nothing in the pre-season. Baertshi showed great chemistry with Gaudette.

Agree; Schaller didn't show much in camp so what is he really here for, checking? What?
There is just no blue box big enough to recycle Erikssnake. LOL Like Corn ^^^^ just mentioned.
"evolution"
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:06 am
Sadly, I can think of 6,000,000 reasons why Loui is still on the roster... :/
But cap space and dollars don't matter in a rebuild......

:look:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

@PuckPedia
With #Canucks waiving Baertschi & Goldobin today, our Projected Opening Roster has $167K of Cap Space with 23 (14F/7D/2G) on Roster.
IR: Roussel
https://puckpedia.com/team/vancouver-canucks#breakdown

"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I'm surprised by Baer. Didn't see that coming with Eriksson and Schaller still around. My third line took a hit.
Anyone know if Sutter or Gaudette is on the wing at practice?
Glad Gaudette made the team. He earned it.
The Canucks are going to have a lot more size on the team this year. That may be a response to St. Louis winning the cup.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I guess Baertschi is the one who actually might get claimed, I'd be kinda shocked if he doesn't go unclaimed, but besides our canucks coloured glasses he's a 3rd liner with red level injury concerns.

But in the case IF no team at all wants Baertschi even for free, he'll go Utica with Goldy, Juolevi, Biega, Rafferty, Brisebois, Graovac, MacEwen, jasek, Link, Gadjovich, DiPietro and have a pretty killer Comets team.

What I forget is Roussel and his $3M per, this could be a precursor to that to be better prepped cap wise when he returns.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Apparently; because of the of their perspective contact sizes, the Canucks save exactly the same money sending Baertschi to the minors,
(if not claimed), as Louis Eriksson. This angers the old dinosaur :evil: .
Just hearing the Canucks were trying to trade / make deals for; Baertschi and Sutter in the off-season but got bo takers.

So today's moves, I guess, is something Green will not be addressing. Benning will at some point soon / next hour or two...
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The two being talked about if the Canucks are making any pick-ups are Josh Ho-Sang and Luke Schenn.
Goldobin is better than Ho-Sang. yuck
We do not need Luke either. Do not forget; It's not just Fantenburg, it's Brogan Rafferty too. I would have like to see a couple more games from him.
Hope Trent Cull has his shit together plans in order for a step better in the development this year.
"evolution"