Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Horvat’s line will likely be a hard minute line to play against the better forwards on Dallas. They might get the most minutes tonight out of all the lines. Hard to say. Miller will still get his minutes on the PP and probably play up and down the top nine tonight.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:00 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:54 am Miller on line 3?
Nah, Mick's just got the order wrong:

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser
Baertschi-Gaudette-Miller
Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen
Schaller-Graovac-Eriksson
MacEwen
The intricate mind of Travis Green. Does he have a plan? Has something Newell been added? Maybe messin with the Dallas dudes in the stands. :?:
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Just listened to JT Miller on the radio. One smart dude. Been a very long time since I've heard a Canuck player with the kind of wisdom he is obviously now bringing to the team. He is looking forward to helping Gaudette enhance his game. Faceoffs, positioning, etc.
Takes a lot to impress me when I hear players talk but he did.
Maybe the best trade this regime has made. IMO.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/benkuzma/status/1195063004259241984
Ben Kuzma
@benkuzma

Green: Horvat is fine, Sutter has groin strain, Beagle out day-to-day. #Canucks

11:36 AM - 14 Nov 2019
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I know one thing, we don’t have to worry about Jamie molasses Benn
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:17 pm I know one thing, we don’t have to worry about Jamie molasses Benn
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Anyone heard any updates on Ferlund or Motte?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:17 pm I know one thing, we don’t have to worry about Jamie molasses Benn
Care to retract that one? He was dominant
If you need air...call it in
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:05 am Anyone heard any updates on Ferlund or Motte?
Ferlund is in concussion protocol for another week
I believe they said Motte was going to be gone for a month(that would be aprox 2-3 weeks from today)
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It would be Its' imperative to our post season aspirations for Ferland to get back and be what he was brought here to be.
He is a huge part of the envisioned equation. You can tell just with the amount of games that have come and gone, how much a healthy,
feisty, Ferland could add.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 pm .
It would be Its' imperative to our post season aspirations for Ferland to get back and be what he was brought here to be.
He is a huge part of the envisioned equation. You can tell just with the amount of games that have come and gone, how much a healthy,
feisty, Ferland could add.
I don’t think Ferland will ever be anything like he was a few years back. That’s three concussions now.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Plus it was a pretty innocuous bump that concussed him (do we even know how?). Seems like a write-off, unfortunately.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Virtanen gonna get 25 goals this season.

Demko is slowly taking over the #1 goalie status.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

micky107 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:28 am Just listened to JT Miller on the radio. One smart dude. Been a very long time since I've heard a Canuck player with the kind of wisdom he is obviously now bringing to the team. He is looking forward to helping Gaudette enhance his game. Faceoffs, positioning, etc.
Takes a lot to impress me when I hear players talk but he did.
Maybe the best trade this regime has made. IMO.
Yeah, I have been really happy with JT as well. Although Petey has more points, I think JT has been our MVP thus far. He has probably been our most consistent forward and he can do it all: faceoffs, PP, PK, battle in corners, go to front of net, defend leads, blocking shots, etc. He plays a similar game to BoHo, but I think he is more skilled; he makes some passes that I don't think Bo can make. I always hoped BoHo would become a Jonathan Toews type player, but I'd say Miller is closer to that caliber player right now. If we drafted JT and he played his whole career here, I think he would have been picked as the next captain ahead of #53. Although Miller seems quite heavily built and durable, I noticed he seems to take a punishment out there (ie: blocking shots, taking hits, etc), I just hope he doesn't get the injury plague like most of the other guys who become a Canuck.

I always wanted to see the Hockey Gaud spend at least half a season to a full season playing in Utica to slowly develop and learn the professional game in a safe environment, but it looks like it's not meant to be as our guys get injured way too often. He looks way more NHL ready than last year as he was our best forward at camp and is actually producing right now. He seems way more confident and seems to know what Greener expects him to do. At least Greener should be able to shelter him and he's in a great environment to learn from some pretty good centremen like JT, BoHo, Beags and Sutts (when healthy).
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The first of three Black Flying Skate alternative jersey nights in Vancouver. tonight.

November 16th vs. Colorado Avalanche
January 4th vs New York Rangers
February 10th vs. Nashville Predators
"evolution"