Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Mickey107 »

practice Thatcher Demko

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1183 ... 9807937537
Oct 14

practice Tyler Motte

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1183 ... 1474044928
Oct 14

I was pissed-off when I saw Gaudette already out of the line-up. IMO, once a guy has made the team he stays in the line-up unless he becomes
an unmitigated disaster which is not the case, but:
Maybe needed to paper down Gaudette for a few days because adding MacIntyre to the roster puts them $0.5m over the cap limit?
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

micky107 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:45 am practice Thatcher Demko

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1183 ... 9807937537
Oct 14

practice Tyler Motte

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1183 ... 1474044928
Oct 14

I was pissed-off when I saw Gaudette already out of the line-up. IMO, once a guy has made the team he stays in the line-up unless he becomes
an unmitigated disaster which is not the case, but:
Maybe needed to paper down Gaudette for a few days because adding MacIntyre to the roster puts them $0.5m over the cap limit?
Gaudette didn’t look very good last game, it’s smart to give him a game off refocus and come back in guns ablazing.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled defenceman Ashton Sautner from the Utica Comets.

Sautner, 25, has played two games with Utica this season, collecting one assist and two penalty minutes. He split the 2018.19 season between Vancouver and Utica, recording one point (0-1-1) in 17 games with the Canucks and eight points (3-5-8) in 31 games with the Comets.

The Flin Flon, Manitoba native has appeared in 22 NHL games, posting three assists and four penalty minutes.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:52 am
Gaudette didn’t look very good last game, it’s smart to give him a game off refocus and come back in guns ablazing.
Crap! Neither did Sutter. For that matter, neither did Pettersson. It's not as though he's some dumb-ass, fat, 12 year old kid trying
to make a Bantam rep team.
I said I think it's because the goalie call-up putting the team over the cap.
If not then I think this Highlander style coaching of quality players is a recipe for another 85-88 point season.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fatburger calling in sick first day back after the long weekend
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Just noticed the game times this weekend. Not only are they back-to-back, but they are on at 10;00 in the morning. What the hell is that BS.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:25 am Just noticed the game times this weekend. Not only are they back-to-back, but they are on at 10;00 in the morning. What the hell is that BS.
The NHL is way down the pecking order in NY I guess.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

micky107 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:53 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:52 am
Crap! Neither did Sutter. For that matter, neither did Pettersson. It's not as though he's some dumb-ass, fat, 12 year old kid trying
to make a Bantam rep team.
I said I think it's because the goalie call-up putting the team over the cap.
If not then I think this Highlander style coaching of quality players is a recipe for another 85-88 point season.
Sutter played well on the pk, and part of the reason he didn’t look good was because Gaudette didn’t look good. The team still views Gaudette as a developing product, his play and deployment are gonna reflect that, hopefully, if they want to sit him out for longer periods they waive him for Utica. We need Gaudette to be an offensive threat at 5v5 if we’re gonna have long term success.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:45 am
Sutter played well on the pk, and part of the reason he didn’t look good was because Gaudette didn’t look good. The team still views Gaudette as a developing product, his play and deployment are gonna reflect that, hopefully, if they want to sit him out for longer periods they waive him for Utica. We need Gaudette to be an offensive threat at 5v5 if we’re gonna have long term success.
"The team views"? :lol: "Developing product."? I don't buy into this fluff. Should try and trade Gaudette then. If "this team thinks Tyler Motte
is a better option, expect no forward progression.
I'm hearing Gaudette's speed is an issue. No it isn't. I've watched every game.
Excuses for every move I guess. But don't listen to me, I think Baertschi should still be here too. I thought for the fist time, we would deploy
three scoring lines. Nope.
That Eriksson cap hit sure hurts. Creates havoc.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Sutter looked good on the wing. Gaudette is much more dynamic than Sutter is at centre. The third line seems to slow right down when Sutter is in the middle. i don't mind Gaudette sitting out a game out of every five to watch and learn. But anymore than that would be a mistake, and I don't think time in Utica is going to help him. He needs his focus at the NHL level. I also agree Baer should be up with the big club over Leivo and Schaller.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

A trade or someone being sent down??
Farhan Lalji@FarhanLaljiTSN

Green confirms Motte is in and Gaudette will sit tonight. Says there is a move coming but the effected player hasn’t been informed yet. Wouldn’t confirm that a player would be sent down. #Canucks
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Jovocop wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:36 pm A trade or someone being sent down??

Green confirms Motte is in and Gaudette will sit tonight. Says there is a move coming but the effected player hasn’t been informed yet. Wouldn’t confirm that a player would be sent down. #Canucks
Eriksson going down
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ya, I heard that. Don't know if this would be it but at some point they're gonna have to make a decision on Eriksson. He may well be going down.
He has to play. If he plays and does well in Utica, he'd be just as tradable than if he played a smaller role in Van.
I didn't even hear if his family moved back here or not.
Then again; maybe he's still standing in the corner. :oops:
"evolution"
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Eriksson going down
I found that weird. If the Canucks wanted to send Eriksson down, they could have done that before the season started. Instead they chose to risk losing Baertschi. Luckily, he was not claimed. I would imagine that the Canucks wanted to play Eriksson and hopefully his values go up a bit. However, he was in the press box for the last three games. Could it be a trade in the works?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Jovocop wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:49 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Eriksson going down
I found that weird. If the Canucks wanted to send Eriksson down, they could have done that before the season started. Instead they chose to risk losing Baertschi. Luckily, he was not claimed. I would imagine that the Canucks wanted to play Eriksson and hopefully his values go up a bit. However, he was in the press box for the last three games. Could it be a trade in the works?
Its either LE or Gaudette going down I'd say. My gut tells me Gaudette