Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:44 am All I can say is the team has enjoyed perhaps it's best run of drafting the past 5 or so years and I don't want that to end. Maybe the tension between JB and JB was what made them more effective, maybe that divergence in opinions is the recipe for success.

How we got got here isn't nearly as important as continuing to draft with this level of success
Don't worry so much about it. Just like MCP says, if Judd wants to climb the ladder, that's his right. He's young.

Much of the hysteria about the whole thing and the yapping from a few like (see pics in LOL for one) are because it's boring without
hockey. It's also because of a simple little promo video the Canucks made last year.

No, Jim doesn't like cameras too much. OOOOH who sits beside who? It's a conspiracy. It's treachery and throwing dirty, mean, looks at others.
Judds standing on his own with big muscles SUPER HERO ish so that's gotta mean lots.

:lol: What a horror show, mm?
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Old school drama boys. Jersey Shore, boys. Jersey Shore.
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:24 am Why does there always have to be drama???

There is all the speculation and convoluted links trying to weave a story out of apparently Nothing.
‘Bracket and Linden were buddies’ - at that team level, everyone can be seen as buddies.
‘There was tension’ - perhaps someone was talking fast because they needed to go to the bathroom??

There is nothing to this story from any credible team sources. Bracket wants to move up in his career.
There is nowhere for him to go in Vancouver.
So he is moving on.
That’s it.

Boring and true.

There doesn’t have to be schoolyard drama over a guy having a dream and goals of his own. He was good at his job. And we should have been happy to have him and wishing him well in the future, but our salty bag licking media Can’t ever thank a guy and take the high road, thay have to keep slinging shit around like retarded monkeys flinging poo until someone says: ‘that guy is covered is shit!!!’

“Good Luck Mr. Brackett. Thank you for service, I wish you could have stayed, but I wish you well in the future.”
-Madcombinepilot
Canuckscorner.com
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:15 am In any case the two cornerstone players of the franchise was from my bro Ron Delorme to get Elias Pettersson.
“Ronnie saw him [Petey] early and was a loud voice for him right from the start — even before any of us had seen him,” recalled Canucks general manager Jim Benning. “He was in my office and said ‘we’ve really got to watch this guy.’ He loved his skill and hockey sense.

“We saw Elias anywhere from 70 to 90 times in his draft year because he was a bit of a late bloomer. In Sweden, they identify top kids when they’re 12 or 13 and when he was 14 and 15, he wasn’t one of those. He came more into his own at 17 when he had a growth spurt.”

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... raft-radar
And John Weisbrod knew of Quinn Hughes since he was a youngin'...

Quinn Hughes the prodigy - his pops Jim Hughes is a childhood friend with Weisbrod, so he knew how special QH was gonna be as a player.

Those TWO players scouted from Ron and JW are the only reason's the Canucks are relevant today.

Judd Brackett can claim Boeser, Madden, Gaudette, Rathbone, Lockwood (his college scouting) but he definitely didn't deliver on the cornerstone franchise players for the Canucks that's for sure.
He was the director of scouting and apparently he was bullish on Petterson as well. You really want to walk it back on Petterson, he himself said it was Inge who he had the most contact with. Lol at SKYO trying to break down the picks and assign credit or blame. You aren’t at the inbred farm Buds. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tciso wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:54 am Old school drama boys. Jersey Shore, boys. Jersey Shore.
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:24 am Why does there always have to be drama???

There is all the speculation and convoluted links trying to weave a story out of apparently Nothing.
‘Bracket and Linden were buddies’ - at that team level, everyone can be seen as buddies.
‘There was tension’ - perhaps someone was talking fast because they needed to go to the bathroom??

There is nothing to this story from any credible team sources. Bracket wants to move up in his career.
There is nowhere for him to go in Vancouver.
So he is moving on.
That’s it.

Boring and true.

There doesn’t have to be schoolyard drama over a guy having a dream and goals of his own. He was good at his job. And we should have been happy to have him and wishing him well in the future, but our salty bag licking media Can’t ever thank a guy and take the high road, thay have to keep slinging shit around like retarded monkeys flinging poo until someone says: ‘that guy is covered is shit!!!’

“Good Luck Mr. Brackett. Thank you for service, I wish you could have stayed, but I wish you well in the future.”
-Madcombinepilot
Canuckscorner.com

TALK madcomb.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:58 am He was the director of scouting and apparently he was bullish on Petterson as well.

You really want to walk it back on Petterson, he himself said it was Inge who he had the most contact with. Lol at SKYO trying to break down the picks and assign credit or blame. You aren’t at the inbred farm Buds. :lol:
Director means he listens to the scouts on the prowl out there putting in work.

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO - this board’s MS- gonna break down the scouting and management hierarchy of an NHL team for everybody. :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:08 am SKYO - this board’s MS- gonna break down the scouting and management hierarchy of an NHL team for everybody. :lol:
Fuck MS, he's a cancer to all of hockey boards, clearly the worst poster of all time, as he rides on emotion, not stats and is stubborn as a redneck born from a brother and sister smashing.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I dont give a fuck who did what...the canucks strength is drafting. Changing anything or losing anyone from that unit has to be seen as concerning no matter how/who/whatever did what
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:19 am I dont give a fuck who did what...the canucks strength is drafting. Changing anything or losing anyone from that unit has to be seen as concerning no matter how/who/whatever did what
Twas kinda my point. Brackett has been in an important role while the team has had a nice run of drafting. Downplaying his role is as stupid as the mouth breathers saying Benning didn’t want Pettersson.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

JUDD motherfucking Brackett......

Is he the key to our fortune?

Or did he piggyback on the Canucks awesome scouting crew assembled by the scouting guru Jim Benning (whose pops was a life long scout)....they both love scouting.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:40 am JUDD motherfucking Brackett......

No...continuity is. It ain't broke so why fuck with it.

Whoever isnt happy needs to sit on the curb with some nachos and giant gagger then hash this shit out

philosophical acknowledgement to dogfart
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:43 am

Whoever isnt happy needs to sit on the curb with some nachos and giant gagger then hash this shit out

WHY HE SHOULD STAY....as clearly Judd Brackett, seems destined to have "found" Boeser and a slew of college depth guys who may or may not make it to the pros'. Everyone knows he only scouts the college areas. (probably to smash college bitches...ayeee JUST KIDDING! ODB style).
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:45 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:43 am

WHY HE SHOULD STAY....as clearly Judd Brackett, seems destined to have "found" Boeser and a slew of college depth guys who may or may not make it to the pros'. Everyone knows he only scouts the college areas. (probably to smash college bitches...ayeee JUST KIDDING! ODB style).
I'm pretty comfortable with Senõr smash and dash running my draft thanks....better than the 30 years of old swilly delorme and his collection of empty alberta springs bottles

Undelay undelay yariva!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:50 amI'm pretty comfortable with Senõr smash and dash running my draft thanks....better than the 30 years of old swilly delorme and his collection of empty alberta springs bottles

Undelay undelay yariva!
Listen here acid taking UDL - thinking there is aliens, Ronnie boy was the one who discovered and promoted Alien to be taken by the franchise.

Senõr smash and dash got us a broken record, injury prone, never 100% boeser that will take too much money, and that's it.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:55 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:50 amI'm pretty comfortable with Senõr smash and dash running my draft thanks....better than the 30 years of old swilly delorme and his collection of empty alberta springs bottles

Undelay undelay yariva!
Listen here acid taking UDL - thinking there is aliens, Ronnie boy was the one who discovered and promoted Alien to be taken by the franchise.

Senõr smash and dash got us a broken record, injury prone, never 100% boeser that will take too much money, and that's it.
All right! We got SKYO all fired up...right on

Its about time you came back buddy

Are you circling the wagons on Delorme because of his ethnicity or do you really think hes all of a sudden found an eye for talent after how many years of Patrick Whites?