Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:13 am If Brandon can't be stripped, can he at least share? Milsey gotta be wearing a letter.
If Tan-Man doesn't come back, that'd be an open spot. I like Beags too and wouldn't mind a cagey vet like him wearing an A, but I agree that JT should be the first one to get it.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:13 am If Brandon can't be stripped, can he at least share? Milsey gotta be wearing a letter.
Nobody is getting stripped of a letter. Some fans and the media make a way bigger deal out of this (wearing a letter) than the actual players in a dressing room.. on championship teams, everyone leads in some way, and the players themselves help each other and know who is who inside the room.

Anyone who has played a team sport that has won anything knows this.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:27 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:39 am JT Miller is like my favourite Canuck. He’s like John Wayne our there, sleeves are always rolled up every shift. A for sure future Ring of Honour honouree.

The Miller acquisition will go down as one of the greatest Canucks trades, with the Pearson for Gudbranson trade next, then Toffoli trade after the Pearson trade.

Jesus.. do you even taste Bennings throat yogurt, or just lap it up as fast as you can??
Hey Mad Comb is Miller the General in the room. The letter-less captain? IMHO he is.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

JT is definitely some of the glue in that room, but with Bennings mantra of aquiring character guys, there's simply isn't enough letters to go around.

Like how guys from 2011 say Higgins was the glue in the room.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:31 pm Ehrhoff for Patrick White was also an epic fleecing
Their was an epic amount of cap eaten in that deal and the Sharks were desperate for space to sign Heatly.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Look at it this way, if next season becomes a witch hunt he'll be happy he's not wearing a letter ;)
el rey del mambo
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

I read today that Trump was telling all pro sports commish's that he was going to try and get spectators in the stands for August or September...

.. could be fake news. I didn't bother to try and wade through all the shit to look for confirmation.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:39 pm I read today that Trump was telling all pro sports commish's that he was going to try and get spectators in the stands for August or September...

.. could be fake news. I didn't bother to try and wade through all the shit to look for confirmation.
Yes, I heard that too.

It's great to have goals, but it's impossible to say for sure at this point.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:03 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:39 pm I read today that Trump was telling all pro sports commish's that he was going to try and get spectators in the stands for August or September...

Yes, I heard that too.

It's great to have goals, but it's impossible to say for sure at this point.
Well, if we have our herd immunity by then, let"s do it.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

We should hit herd immunity in 4-6 weeks.

Probably need a couple week after that to let healthcare all spooled up To handle 21,500 cases of sever coved at a time.

Then we should be good.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sounds like the NBA will be the first to cancel the remaining season. Maybe early this week.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Desperate to get things back to normal before the elections. :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:02 am We should hit herd immunity in 4-6 weeks.

Probably need a couple week after that to let healthcare all spooled up To handle 21,500 cases of sever coved at a time.

Then we should be good.
We should hit her immunity in 4-6 weeks? That seems rather optimistic.

We're at what, 4 weeks into this thing here in Canada? Currently our reported number of cases sits at roughly 15,500. That's known cases, so for argument's sake how about we triple that number up to 46,500. Now let's be generous here and say that all of those people will survive and develop the anti-bodies and the beginnings of herd immunity. With roughly 37 million people in Canada that means that after 4 weeks we have 0.1% of our population with immunity.

Herd immunity doesn't begin to be a thing at all until you hit at least 60% of the population with immunity.

So 4 weeks in and we're at 0.1%, and you're saying we should have herd immunity 2 weeks from now? Or are you saying 4-6 weeks from now? Either way, even with an exponentially increasing rate of infection I think it's going to take quite a bit longer than you're speculating since the first 4 weeks has only resulted in 0.1% of the population gaining any form of immunity.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:33 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:02 am We should hit herd immunity in 4-6 weeks.

Then we should be good.

We're at what, 4 weeks into this thing here in Canada? Currently our reported number of cases sits at roughly 15,500. That's known cases, so for argument's sake how about we triple that number up to 46,500. Now let's be generous here and say that all of those people will survive and develop the anti-bodies and the beginnings of herd immunity. With roughly 37 million people in Canada that means that after 4 weeks we have 0.1% of our population with immunity.

Herd immunity doesn't begin to be a thing at all until you hit at least 60% of the population with immunity.

So 4 weeks in and we're at 0.1%, and you're saying we should have herd immunity 2 weeks from now? Or are you saying 4-6 weeks from now? Either way, even with an exponentially increasing rate of infection I think it's going to take quite a bit longer than you're speculating since the first 4 weeks has only resulted in 0.1% of the population gaining any form of immunity.
Mëds - should we hit herd immunity at all?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:48 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:33 pm

Then we should be good.

Mëds - should we hit herd immunity at all?
It's inevitable that we do, but I think it takes a year or more, and we won't actually ever have the numbers of people who get this damned thing because the only numbers available are the ones that come from testing. Right now we are only testing moderate-severe cases and healthcare workers showing symptoms.

The contagiousness of this thing is what makes it so rampant and why it's one that will require herd immunity to finally be rid of. Whether that's via natural exposure, infection, and recovery, or the development of a vaccine.

Regardless, this one is going to change the world as we know it once it's done.

The easiest way to gain control of a society is to have the people willingly give up freedoms thinking that they are getting protection and happiness in return.

Hail Hydra. :lol: