Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by 5thhorseman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:13 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:35 pm You know what is also boring, All-Star weekend.
It’s the worst
It's great to watch if u got young kids, especially the skills competition. I can't see an adult sitting through it tho.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:29 pm
dangler wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm Jimbro must resign Tanev, D- depth is paramount.
Raffferty,Tryamkin,Woo,Juolevi are all tantalisizing prospects, but until proven it would be a step backwards letting him walk.
There was a read about where he might come in a day or so ago...the concensus was around 4.5-4.8

If he comes back for that then no worries
Term?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:17 pm
dangler wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm Jimbro must resign Tanev, D- depth is paramount.
Raffferty,Tryamkin,Woo,Juolevi are all tantalisizing prospects, but until proven it would be a step backwards letting him walk.
There was a read about where he might come in a day or so ago...the concensus was around 4.5-4.8

Term?
4-5 years was considered the range between team and player friendly. Nothing over 5.

His weaknesses are lack of point production and injury prone-ness which had his earning value comparable to Alzner at the time of signing for a higher level defensive dman (not on ice comparable...before someone dog piles me)
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:16 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:35 pm You know what is also boring, All-Star weekend.
It’s the worst
It's great to watch if u got young kids, especially the skills competition. I can't see an adult sitting through it tho.
This is true.

But sadly, even a lot of the selected players don't even want any part of it.
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:20 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:17 pm

Term?
4-5 years was considered the range between team and player friendly. Nothing over 5.

His weaknesses are lack of point production and injury prone-ness which had his earning value comparable to Alzner at the time of signing for a higher level defensive dman (not on ice comparable...before someone dog piles me)
I don't see his lack of point production as a weakness. Tanev is a shutdown D that you want to have in a playoff game that's on the line. Who better than the Tan-man?

As for injuries, he's had three decent seasons and three bad ones, the latter being the most recent when the team has had to rely on him more, though that doesn't seem to be reflected in the TOI. With the team in the ascendancy again I think his injury woes will reduce. We need to sign the guy.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It’s the worst
Even the skills was better around 8-10 years ago. Use to look forward to that. They've kind of fibble fu**ed around with it too much.
I really only like the speed skate / bust the four styrofoam targets / and the hardest shot.
Although it still beats the NBA one though. All I've seen is highlights of that. Ick.
All about the money, so squeeze more out of an 82 game schedule and condense the real games even more.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

It’s the worst
German sausage jokes are the wurst.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Per wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:13 pm
It’s the worst
German sausage jokes are the wurst.
Brat :mex:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:27 pm
It’s the worst
This is true.

But sadly, even a lot of the selected players don't even want any part of it.
There's been a suggestion to replace the allstar weekend with a shortened world championship.

* No one is happy about the allstar weekend.
* The quality of the world championship suffers as the best players aren't participating.

So the solution would be to go back to just eight teams in the championship and let it replace the allstar weekend.
The weekend needs to become a week instead, but in reality it already is...

Two groups with eight teams, all play eachother. That can be done in four days, with all teams having a day of rest either between game one and two or two and three. Then rest on Friday, semi finals on Saturday and final on Sunday.

Everybody's happy! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:25 am
damonberryman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:01 am Sorry for being a late entry on this topic but I want to return to Trymakin. Would not hurt to have that and he is easily worth 3 million over three years.
100% agree, except on the money part, I think we can get him for even cheaper! The dude would instantly be the strongest guy in the league, he’ll have a shit ton more confidence as well. Definitely worth it
Yeah, Tryamkin only made like $925k on his last contract here. He has been away from the league and kind of needs to prove himself again, so a $2M X 2-3 years should be fair. Maybe give him some bonuses for games played or avg minutes, etc.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:23 pm
There's been a suggestion to replace the allstar weekend with a shortened world championship.

* No one is happy about the allstar weekend.
* The quality of the world championship suffers as the best players aren't participating.

So the solution would be to go back to just eight teams in the championship and let it replace the allstar weekend.
The weekend needs to become a week instead, but in reality it already is...

Two groups with eight teams, all play eachother. That can be done in four days, with all teams having a day of rest either between game one and two or two and three. Then rest on Friday, semi finals on Saturday and final on Sunday.

Everybody's happy! 8-)
Would that not constitute a potential high level of hard ass competitiveness that could become aggressive? And that would mean bringing over

some players that are not in the NHL? At the absolute most critical time period in the NHL's standings race for the Most important trophy /

Championship in the world? The owners would never agree. Doubt the NHLPA would either.

NHL >>> 1--------------------------------------- IIHF >>> 2-----------------------------------------------------------Olympics >>> 3
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:38 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:25 am
damonberryman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:01 am Sorry for being a late entry on this topic but I want to return to Trymakin. Would not hurt to have that and he is easily worth 3 million over three years.
100% agree, except on the money part, I think we can get him for even cheaper! The dude would instantly be the strongest guy in the league, he’ll have a shit ton more confidence as well. Definitely worth it
Yeah, Tryamkin only made like $925k on his last contract here. He has been away from the league and kind of needs to prove himself again, so a $2M X 2-3 years should be fair. Maybe give him some bonuses for games played or avg minutes, etc.
Maybe Damon meant 3 million over three years as in a million per year ;) Even his agent said this year hasn't been great for him.

He should come to camp and prove he wants it bad! Then we see what can be done. He will have substantial competition from

fellas that are currently on the farm. That's OK. We do need him. But he has to have lots of GRRR :twisted: , and skill....
"evolution"
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:12 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:31 am
damonberryman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:01 am Sorry for being a late entry on this topic but I want to return to Trymakin. My primary memory of him is one game where he simply put his hands on a player and pushed, vertically mind you, the skater into the ice. Sheer strength. Would not hurt to have that and he is easily worth 3 million over three years.
I agree BerryMan. 110 %

I’d listen to Doyle, he’ seen my world it’s all coming to an end, I’m stumbling through a mid life crisis, realizing I can’t can’t party hard anymore and my grill is riddled wth impetigo from so many years of eating Rosie’s Cochise. It eventually caught up to me
You are not alone
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:04 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:29 pm TBQH I haven’t floated the thing in years. I just think they must have an air tight filtration system as to not allow fecal matter etc into that channel. They would open themselves up to massive lawsuits if they thing wasn’t up to snuff.

Then again you have people like UKcanuck who swim in the Ganges River so there’s that :mex:
Ganges? There are no rivers in Dubai other then rivers of oil and gold.
Though the beaches that allow public access does remind one
Blobbee wouldn’t like Dubai. No booze allowed
Oh the booze flows here something fierce.
Once you figure out the laws and loopholes

You can’t drink in public obviously
You can’t drink in your own home without a liquor license. (You need a non objection letter from your employer and a hundred bucks to get one)
You can’t drink in restaurants unless they are attached to a hotel or resort/ golf club etc.
BUT All the hotels from 7 to 3 star have bars. Some are world class with world class booze whores and prices

Others not so much but if you want a hooker from Eritrea just to say you are worldly...

Anyway you can dial a booze no problem,
You can go to liquor stores outside city limits that don’t ask to see your ID but they only sell in bulk,
24s and 40lbers are the smallest unit size

They have american and European brands and Indian brands which are a lot of fun.

40lb bottles of Indian scotch 10 dollars is not for the weak of heart.

Anyway I’m sure the blobster could pickle his liver here pretty good.

A lot of people do, it’s actually a problem because while everyone turns a blind eye if the police have to come everyone is going to jail.

AA does good business here too

* I dunno about wine but I hear they sell that too.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

@RobTheHockeyGuy
Canucks Quinn Hughes will participate in the fastest skater competition while Elias Pettersson is entered in the hardest shot at the #NHLAllStar Skills Competition tomorrow night.
5:28 PM · Jan 23, 2020
Vancouver Canucks@Canucks
"I watched NHLAllStar growing up and now to be here, it's a huge honour." Jacob Markstrom discusses his career path and the time and effort it took to get to where he is today.
Video> https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1220 ... de%3Dfalse
ALL STAR | Markstrom Media Day 01.23.20
Vancouver Canucks
"I'm excited to take in the whole event and get to know guys in the Pacific Division and enjoy the weekend with Marky and Petey." - Hughes talks NHLAllStar
Video> https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1220 ... de%3Dfalse good chat with Quinn!
ALL STAR | Hughes Media Day 01.23.20
final allstar up-date; https://www.nhl.com/news/2020-nhl-all-s ... -313660922
Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"