Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 am I’m curious if he’ll walk across the Atlantic or the Pacific to get here for camp
The way some are going on about him, he might part the sea instead, just so he doesn't get his shoes wet
Last edited by Madcombinepilot on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So the city knowingly pounds raw sewage through the channel then promotes the channel as an activity in the summer. Do you actually believe this?

I haven’t been on the channel in many years. I have a hard time believing your tale UDELL
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:28 pm So the city knowingly pounds raw sewage through the channel then promotes the channel as an activity in the summer. Do you actually believe this?

I haven’t been on the channel in many years. I have a hard time believing your tale UDELL
Why do you think the plant is right on the banks of the canal? Its not raw its treated but I dont care what they say it goes in as piss and shit and doesnt exactly come out smelling like roses.

They skim the chunks and filter the effluent enough to pass the minimums but we all know how diligently government employees perform their tasks.

If you want a cleaner float, buy a floatie toy at crappy tire then float the river from the bridge past vaseux lake into oliver then hitch back to your car. Less brown trout to contend with
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

TBQH I haven’t floated the thing in years. I just think they must have an air tight filtration system as to not allow fecal matter etc into that channel. They would open themselves up to massive lawsuits if they thing wasn’t up to snuff.

Then again you have people like UKcanuck who swim in the Ganges River so there’s that :mex:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:06 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:28 pm So the city knowingly pounds raw sewage through the channel then promotes the channel as an activity in the summer. Do you actually believe this?

Why do you think the plant is right on the banks of the canal? Its not raw its treated but I dont care what they say it goes in as piss and shit and doesnt exactly come out smelling like roses.

They skim the chunks and filter the effluent enough to pass the minimums but we all know how diligently government employees perform their tasks.

If you want a cleaner float, buy a floatie toy at crappy tire then float the river from the bridge past vaseux lake into oliver then hitch back to your car. Less brown trout to contend with
The weeds that grow around the outlet pipe are a pale unearthly red and yellow. Always gave me a skeptical thoughts about the Channel cruise.

Luckily a one time exposure to the plutonium is all it is because there is not much more boring than floating down the channel trying to keep the cabbage dry
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:29 pm TBQH I haven’t floated the thing in years. I just think they must have an air tight filtration system as to not allow fecal matter etc into that channel. They would open themselves up to massive lawsuits if they thing wasn’t up to snuff.

Then again you have people like UKcanuck who swim in the Ganges River so there’s that :mex:
Ganges? There are no rivers in Dubai other then rivers of oil and gold.
Though the beaches that allow public access does remind one
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

You know what is also boring, All-Star weekend.

Can we just skip it next year and keep playing regular season games until the playoffs
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I watched some asshole take his Labrador down the channel on the dingy with a leash on. The current got pretty strong, the Lab lost his balance and fell in. He got caught under the tube and drowned. He strangled the dog trying to pull him out and up. My buddy was screaming at the guy. I left him alone. His two sons who were probably no older than 10 or 12, having to see that is punishment enough for their father’s stupidity.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:12 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:31 am
damonberryman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:01 am Sorry for being a late entry on this topic but I want to return to Trymakin. My primary memory of him is one game where he simply put his hands on a player and pushed, vertically mind you, the skater into the ice. Sheer strength. Would not hurt to have that and he is easily worth 3 million over three years.
I agree BerryMan. 110 %

I’d listen to Doyle, he’ seen my world it’s all coming to an end, I’m stumbling through a mid life crisis, realizing I can’t can’t party hard anymore and my grill is riddled wth impetigo from so many years of eating Rosie’s Cochise. It eventually caught up to me
Growing up has some challenges for me. My face is starting to look like a stranger. On a lighter note I suspect these fucking monsoons on Gibsons simply gets too wet, too grey and then there is the personal side. Too many drugs makes the brain less functional and bound to age with more sputtering.

So the equation is:

Grey. No sunlight plus too much rain equals

Different for every one of us.

WE are all alone at the end (sob)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:53 pm
So the equation is:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:29 pm TBQH I haven’t floated the thing in years. I just think they must have an air tight filtration system as to not allow fecal matter etc into that channel. They would open themselves up to massive lawsuits if they thing wasn’t up to snuff.

Ganges? There are no rivers in Dubai other then rivers of oil and gold.
Though the beaches that allow public access does remind one
Blobbee wouldn’t like Dubai. No booze allowed
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

damonberryman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:53 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:12 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:31 am
damonberryman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:01 am Sorry for being a late entry on this topic but I want to return to Trymakin. My primary memory of him is one game where he simply put his hands on a player and pushed, vertically mind you, the skater into the ice. Sheer strength. Would not hurt to have that and he is easily worth 3 million over three years.
I agree BerryMan. 110 %

I’d listen to Doyle, he’ seen my world it’s all coming to an end, I’m stumbling through a mid life crisis, realizing I can’t can’t party hard anymore and my grill is riddled wth impetigo from so many years of eating Rosie’s Cochise. It eventually caught up to me
Growing up has some challenges for me. My face is starting to look like a stranger. On a lighter note I suspect these fucking monsoons on Gibsons simply gets too wet, too grey and then there is the personal side. Too many drugs makes the brain less functional and bound to age with more sputtering.

So the equation is:

BerryMan, that’s heavy shit, love it.

Curious, did the Clark Park Boys ever try to muscle in on your action in East Van?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Jimbro must resign Tanev, D- depth is paramount.
Raffferty,Tryamkin,Woo,Juolevi are all tantalisizing prospects, but until proven it would be a step backwards letting him walk.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:35 pm You know what is also boring, All-Star weekend.
It’s the worst
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dangler wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm Jimbro must resign Tanev, D- depth is paramount.
Raffferty,Tryamkin,Woo,Juolevi are all tantalisizing prospects, but until proven it would be a step backwards letting him walk.
There was a read about where he might come in a day or so ago...the concensus was around 4.5-4.8

If he comes back for that then no worries
If you need air...call it in