Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Chef Boi RD »

He was pretty graceful with the puck, could spin off and skate the puck out of danger with the best of him. Yes he was raw, but the kid is more than suited for the new NHL, he’s a good transitional D-man. The language barrier was a huge problem for him as well as he was quite raw, not too mention he was home sick and his wife wasn’t happy here. He’s got all the tools
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Nobody questioned his skating, so unwrap your panties.

I question is competitive levels. I mean, he quit on us once already. If the going gets tough, do we really want a second Erickson out there, just cashing cheques?? Size don't matter if you don't compete.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:57 am Nobody questioned his skating, so unwrap your panties.

I question is competitive levels. I mean, he quit on us once already. If the going gets tough, do we really want a second Erickson out there, just cashing cheques?? Size don't matter if you don't compete.
He’s a complementary player though so even if he “quits” who cares trade him, the tough going is not gonna be like it was the last 3 years. Competitive wise Louie looks great right now so probably not a good comparison, tyramkin will be fine as long as the language thing is taken care of.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:27 am Its his puck handling. He is a good skater for the monolith that he is but he bobbled pucks under pressure
I’m thinking that will have improved in the last 3 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:00 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:57 am Nobody questioned his skating, so unwrap your panties.

He’s a complementary player though so even if he “quits” who cares trade him, the tough going is not gonna be like it was the last 3 years. Competitive wise Louie looks great right now so probably not a good comparison, tyramkin will be fine as long as the language thing is taken care of.
Lol. The only 6 days Loui has competed in 3 years makes it a bad comparison how??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Please dig further on why you “think” he quit the team. Immaturity, home sick, language barrier, complaining wife to be. The Russians struggle to adapt to North America, it’s not uncommon. He needed to go back to grow.

He’s gonna have Podkozlin to cuddle with here eventually and if Goldobin keeps playing as well as he is in the A, we may see him as well
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:27 am Its his puck handling. He is a good skater for the monolith that he is but he bobbled pucks under pressure
I’m thinking that will have improved in the last 3 years.
If he has settled down and plays a simple, responsible game in his end he would be a fantastic upgrade to stetcher in the 6 hole.

Then we can see how Rafferty might fit in and if his game is NHL calibre we are fish and chips on the back end
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:03 pm

Lol. The only 6 days Loui has competed in 3 years makes it a bad comparison how??
Cause he’s competing now
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:03 pm

:lol:

Ssshhhhhh!

(we're in the middle of a pump and dump...)
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Lol. Gobby is done here. You might as well keep bitching for Boucher to get called up for his millionth shot at the bigs.

Some people say games don't translate to the NHL. Goldobin is one of them.

And thanks for answering your questions about Tree. Yup. All that, homesick for mommy, didn't wanna play in Utica, language, wife.. he quit on the team. Went back home. That's the definition of 'quitting'.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:09 pm Lol. Gobby is done here. You might as well keep bitching for Boucher to get called up for his millionth shot at the bigs.

Some people say games don't translate to the NHL. Goldobin is one of them.

And thanks for answering your questions about Tree. Yup. All that, homesick for mommy, didn't wanna play in Utica, language, wife.. he quit on the team. Went back home. That's the definition of 'quitting'.
You’re probably right about Goldy

Regarding The Tree. Immaturity, that typically improves with age, but if you want to be stuck on that have at it then

Juolevi had similar immaturity struggles as well
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Well for what it’s worth I am hoping both olli and tree pan out.... how actually fucking cool would it be if they both did :?: :?:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:30 pm Well for what it’s worth I am hoping both olli and tree pan out.... how actually fucking cool would it be if they both did :?: :?:
They both have made great strides in maturity. Olli is on fire right now in the AHL and he is only 21! Not 32 like some here would have you believe. Tryamkin is only 8 months older than Bo Horvat. These two needed to stew like a slow cooked Topper special.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:47 pm
rats19 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:30 pm Well for what it’s worth I am hoping both olli and tree pan out.... how actually fucking cool would it be if they both did :?: :?:
They both have made great strides in maturity. Olli is on fire right now in the AHL and he is only 21! Not 32 like some here would have you believe. Tryamkin is only 8 months older than Bo Horvat. These two needed to stew like a slow cooked Topper special.
So you think it’s a good chance?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ya'll is talkin lak we mayby aint gonna be ree-sinen dat dar Tan-Man dude or dat lil strechin peewee. huh?
"evolution"