Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Mickey107 »

Tciso wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:16 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:03 am
Hank wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:26 pm Greener has been in Fantasyberg-land a wee bit too long.

No issue in trying MacEwan over Schaller. Loui can fill his PK spot.

The 4th line needs a shakeup on the road without last change.
The perplexing thing is why we have to watch stetcher fuck up and turn over pucks night in/night out and he never has to sit. Maybe hes a funny guy and all but hes not a legit nhl dman. No fuckin way
Stetch's big claim to fame is that he is a serviceable #6 d-man who doesn't really suck any worse when he gets forced up the depth chart due to injuries. He's a "C" as a 3rd pairing guy, and only drops to a "D+" when he has had to play top pairing due to injuries in the past.

I'd be happy with him staying as the #7 guy next year, with a drop in salary, and having Rafferty step up into the 3rd pairing. But, Stetcher has arbitration rights, so he might get the Ben Hutton treatment, cuz I can't see GMJB letting an arbitrator decide how much Stetcher is worth, and possibly fucking up his cap space.
I'll go out on a limb here and say not a ghost of a chance Benning will give Stecher the Hutton treatment. Multiple reasons.
https://twitter.com/NCAAIceHockey/statu ... de%3Dfalse
Stecher may get an extension but unlikely a raise. It will, IMO, be harmonic, peaceful, serene.
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

micky107 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:48 am
Tciso wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:16 am
Stetch's big claim to fame is that he is a serviceable #6 d-man who doesn't really suck any worse when he gets forced up the depth chart due to injuries. He's a "C" as a 3rd pairing guy, and only drops to a "D+" when he has had to play top pairing due to injuries in the past.

I'd be happy with him staying as the #7 guy next year, with a drop in salary, and having Rafferty step up into the 3rd pairing. But, Stetcher has arbitration rights, so he might get the Ben Hutton treatment, cuz I can't see GMJB letting an arbitrator decide how much Stetcher is worth, and possibly fucking up his cap space.
I'll go out on a limb here and say not a ghost of a chance Benning will give Stecher the Hutton treatment. Multiple reasons.
https://twitter.com/NCAAIceHockey/statu ... de%3Dfalse
Stecher may get an extension but unlikely a raise. It will, IMO, be harmonic, peaceful, serene.
I don't disagree that it could be peaceful, etc. But no way in hell this goes to arbitration. Not being qualified, and becoming a UFA is a likely scenario if Stetch's agent tries to hi-ball JB.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think Stecher could be moved for a 3rd or 4th rounder at the draft. You can’t be paying these bottom pairing guys big money or you end up with a Gudbranson type monstrosity.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:28 am I think Stecher could be moved for a 3rd or 4th rounder at the draft. You can’t be paying these bottom pairing guys big money or you end up with a Gudbranson type monstrosity.
Knowing that Stecher is likely to be an UFA come July 1, would you be happy if Jimbo paid a 3rd or 4th for him from another team just for the privilege of early negotiation?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jett Woo will be available next season. No doubt he'll start in Utica, (finally), and could be an option for call-up if things go well.
He was traded from Moose Jaw to Calgary in and is doing well. decent numbers and feisty as all hell. The penalty minutes are pretty high
and his +/- is very good. Offense good too. Steady. Seems like the heads on straight.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:01 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:23 am
Hank wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:26 pm Greener has been in Fantasyberg-land a wee bit too long.
It’s an optics thing from a Fans point of view. We are not in the room knowing the dynamics of the situation. What are the options? Jordie Gudbranson Benn? Rafferty? There maybe thing that simply cannot be explained in laymen’s terms to the average fan why Greener is choosing to stick with Fatburger and not going with MacEwen instead of Loui. It’s this mysterious zone that can make the fans and the media crazy and say stupid things. I say “trust the mindset of the handlers” like Chef does there is a method to their madness

“The media thinks they know but the don’t” - Mike Babcock

“Disrespectful” - Mike Babcock
:lol:

We should all learn to be as trusting and faithful of management as you, Chef

I always say to clients - “judge me in the end, not in the middle. In the mean time? Shut. The Fuck. Up. And let me do my job”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef likes to sit in his truck posting here about Gillis while the client is watching out the window googling lawyers
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:19 pm Chef likes to sit in his truck posting here about Gillis while the client is watching out the window googling lawyers
Lunch break 1:00 - to 1:30.

The other posts are when I’m driving down the highway on my way to building store picking up materials. My favourite posting time
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:21 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:19 pm Chef likes to sit in his truck posting here about Gillis while the client is watching out the window googling lawyers

The other posts are when I’m driving down the highway on my way to building store picking up materials. My favourite posting time
My go-to move....arrive and drop off the tools then head out for parts for an hour and a half. All billable hours.

I dont mark up the parts, i just bill them hourly to pick them up and take my time. Everyones happy
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:22 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:21 pm

My go-to move....arrive and drop off the tools then head out for parts for an hour and a half. All billable hours.

I dont mark up the parts, i just bill them hourly to pick them up and take my time. Everyones happy
That’s every savy contractors move, BW. You don’t own it. It’s called wisdom from years in. And it’s completely fair
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Another one is no cordless screwdriving. All by hand, 2 turns in, one turn out
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fuck break was over 5 minutes ago
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:32 pm Fuck break was over 5 minutes ago
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:48 am Multiple reasons.
Uh-huh...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:50 pm
micky107 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:48 am Multiple reasons.
Uh-huh...
Didn't want you to feel whooshed.
"evolution"