Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Brock is still developing his game. He is bigger, and playing a more physical game. He has been delivering some solid hits this year. I am happy with how he is developing. He is growing into a playoff type player.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:18 am Brock is still developing his game. He is bigger, and playing a more physical game. He has been delivering some solid hits this year. I am happy with how he is developing. He is growing into a playoff type player.
Is he carrying more weight this season? Might explain his noticeable lack of foot speed

Another scenario might be that he has adjusted his game due to coaching and just isnt in the same places where he normally would find success and/or the time and space to get those sweet looks
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:03 am Boeser is having a monster year, no complaints for any of the Americans on the team.

I think I might be parking Nugent Hopkins and Tyson Jost in that “Once Ballyhooed B.C. Hockey Players who ended up Stinking” Club
Hail the Americans!!!

Johnny Spandex hates Canadian hockey.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:18 am Brock is still developing his game. He is bigger, and playing a more physical game. He has been delivering some solid hits this year. I am happy with how he is developing. He is growing into a playoff type player.
Is he carrying more weight this season? Might explain his noticeable lack of foot speed

Another scenario might be that he has adjusted his game due to coaching and just isnt in the same places where he normally would find success and/or the time and space to get those sweet looks
I remember the first year I had to wait for the slow-mo to see his shot go in.
Love to see two 40 goal scorers on the same line. Awesome that would be. It's possible. Next year.

2020 is a leap year. There is a February 29th. On that day, I would like love demand, the Canucks throw up 14 goals
and hold their very blue opponents to 0.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nuge, such a scrub. Pretty much a lock for 60 points while playing a strong two way game and dragging his wingers around.

This is what happens kids when you don’t grow up playing team sports; you fail to understand them.

Merry Christmas Chef. Maybe lay off the screech a bit. :?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Up until a week ago Boeser was playing the best two way hockey of his career, he's not been as aggressive on the forecheck of late but that could just be a change of sides for the dump in as Miller/Virtanen have increased their roles on the forecheck.

There was one play last night that he held the puck, moved further outside to shoot and I thought he'd made a poor decision but on replay from another angle he was side stepping a downed shot blocker.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:56 am Awesome that would be.
Yoda. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:58 am Nuge, such a scrub. Pretty much a lock for 60 points while playing a strong two way game and dragging his wingers around.

This is what happens kids when you don’t grow up playing team sports; you fail to understand them.

Nuge is a first overall pick. 7 goals 13 assists. The 2nd worst 1st overall pick in the last decade after Yakupov, although I’m hsving concerns with Hischier at the moment, he could challenge the Nuge for that honour.I’d have no complaints of him if he was a 2nd round pick
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ranking 1st overall picks over the last decade

1. McKinnon
2. McDavid
3. Matthews
4. Dahlin
5. Hall
6. Ekblad
7. Hischier
8. Hughes
9. Nugent Hopkins
10. Yakupov
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:10 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:58 am Nuge, such a scrub. Pretty much a lock for 60 points while playing a strong two way game and dragging his wingers around.

Nuge is a first overall pick. 7 goals 13 assists. The 2nd worst 1st overall pick in the last decade after Yakupov, although I’m hsving concerns with Hischier at the moment, he could challenge the Nuge for that honour.I’d have no complaints of him if he was a 2nd round pick
He’s definitely not a great 1st overall pick but he isn’t a scrub and he doesn’t stink. Next. :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:16 pm Ranking the worst 1st overall pick over the last decade

Yakupov
"evolution"
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:30 am Question for y'all..

What is wrong with Boeser?

He hasnt looked like the same player this season at all. Hes a step slower, weaker on pucks and is taking forever to get his usually fast shot off.

Is there an injury? Is he serving his sophmore slump season now? Is it the willy nylander effect?

Something isnt right with him
He is second in scoring and is a 200 foot game all the time. What do you want?
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:16 pm Ranking 1st overall picks over the last decade

1. McKinnon
2. McDavid
3. Matthews
4. Dahlin
5. Hall
6. Ekblad
7. Hischier
8. Hughes
9. Nugent Hopkins
10. Yakupov
wtf
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

1st overall RNH reminds me of 2nd rounder Brendan Morrison.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:16 pm Ranking 1st overall picks over the last decade

1. McKinnon
2. McDavid
3. Matthews
4. Dahlin
5. Hall
6. Ekblad
7. Hischier
8. Hughes
9. Nugent Hopkins
10. Yakupov
Taylor Hall is the ultimate Lord Giveth - Lord Taketh away at the lotto, now he's onto his next victim AZ.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.