Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Horvat plays with slugs.

Every

Single

Year
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I doubt Green will mess with his scoring line. Even if it was a good idea, it's not his MO.
Horvat is going to the net but he's not driving to the net like we've seen in the past. Not as much, anyways.
Bo is just off to a slow start this year. He'll get over it.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:48 am Horvat plays with slugs.

Every

Single

Year
Sure, but somewhere along the line it has to reflect on Bo? Hes never been your classic playmaking centre, plays more like s winger.

It’s in my opinion that’s his best winger is playing in Russia right now but unfortunately he’s two years away
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:58 am I doubt Green will mess with his scoring line. Even if it was a good idea, it's not his MO.
Horvat is going to the net but he's not driving to the net like we've seen in the past. Not as much, anyways.
Bo is just off to a slow start this year. He'll get over it.
Don’t mess with a good thing. I also like Hughes playing with the top line. Stack the deck. Green tried Hughes with Bo at the beginning of the year to give him some skill in the 5 man unit but we are better with Hughes playing with the top line
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I am not worried about Bo. He is playing the right way, and will end up with his points.

I am not worried about the team, they had a crappy game, and lost 2 games because they are taking too many penalties. They will get over that. No reason to panic or shake things up. I would like to see Erickson riding the pine. His seat in the press box misses his ass.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:12 am I am not worried about Bo. He is playing the right way, and will end up with his points.

I am not worried about the team, they had a crappy game, and lost 2 games because they are taking too many penalties. They will get over that. No reason to panic or shake things up. I would like to see Erickson riding the pine. His seat in the press box misses his ass.
Exactly - a month ago we were predicting the team to make the playoffs, wild card or some low seeding. Now we're upset because we lost a couple of games and aren't the top team in the west.

Erikkssonnn is not part of this future core and does nothing to improve the team. But I guess there are some advantages to being the highest paid player on a team. :/
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m not complaining nor panicking, just fascinated by Bo’s 5 on 5 numbers. He needs proper wingers no doubt. Jake has zero of a possession game to be a top 6 winger, usually he does something stupid with the puck, hard to play with that. Gaudette is a Centre. They pretty much leaves you with Pearson, Leivo, Baertschi and Ferland and maybe Roussel who lets face it, they ain’t top 6 winger material. Like I said, Podkozlin seems to be our only true top 6 winger material in the system and he’s a long way off, maybe Hoglander, Madden, Lind, Lockwood can evolve into top 6 wingers but that won’t be known for a long while either. So it’s be patient, or make a trade
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Teams are scouting the shit out vancouver since theyve dominated. You can see teams are far better prepared for us.

Bo and Boeser had a damn good year before Pettersson came...why not give it a look. I'd also look at stacking that 2nd lines effectiveness by playing Hughes with them. Give teams a different look and try and get Pettersson away from prime coverage.

You keep your #1 PP unit intact and loaded up.
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm
micky107 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:01 pm
Also Gaudette out / Eriksson still in.
Asinine. Air Thief must have pictures of someone. He’s a useless tit.
http://voice.gardenbird.co.uk/guide-to-tit-family/
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:35 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm
micky107 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:01 pm
Also Gaudette out / Eriksson still in.
Asinine. Air Thief must have pictures of someone. He’s a useless tit.
http://voice.gardenbird.co.uk/guide-to-tit-family/
Oh no, no. the tits I have around my garden are of the bush variety and let me tell you, they're unbelievably quick and work tremendously
well together. Have an extraordinary duration of usefulness as well. Not as much color as yours there, Per. see !!
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:45 pm Oh no, no. the tits I have around my garden are of the bush variety and let me tell you, they're unbelievably quick and work tremendously
well together. Have an extraordinary duration of usefulness as well. Not as much color as yours there, Per. see !!
I can't click on that link because of the possibility it's a slow-mo gif of Micky's old shirtless chest. :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Team misses Ferland's and Motte's relentless grit and energy, now replaced by the sissified players.

Why I vote to call up the menace Zack MacEwen, team could use a boost in energy out there, team is in a slump, lost some players to injury, and a zack attack boost could help, especially with top hitters Ferland and Motte out - Eriksson/Bart etc ain't providing that type of energy.

He's played great all last year, had a superb energetic preseason with the Canucks and is still playing well with Utica, young fella needs a chance to for some NHL time.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

MacEwan isn’t exactly lighting it up, SKYO. Only 3 goals 4 assists in 12 games in the A

Same amount of points as Zadina in the A. Although Zadina has played 2 more games than MacEwan
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:21 pm Team misses Ferland's and Motte's relentless grit and energy, now replaced by the sissified players.

Why I vote to call up the menace Zack MacEwen, team could use a boost in energy out there, team is in a slump, lost some players to injury, and a zack attack boost could help, especially with top hitters Ferland and Motte out - Eriksson/Bart etc ain't providing that type of energy.

He's played great all last year, had a superb energetic preseason with the Canucks and is still playing well with Utica, young fella needs a chance to for some NHL time.
Agreed. Sissified! LOL!
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

There isn't even a timeline for Ferlunds return yet.

Or at least, I haven't seen one yet.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.