Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Mickey107 »

It sounds like Green really doesn't want Gaudette playing wing as he barely ever has.
Apparently, when asked, Adam said I'll play the wing, sure.
Green laughed. I think he's happy Adam wants in there that much.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I get the impression Green likes Gaud as a person and a talent but doesn't fully trust him yet.

That will come I think.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:53 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:49 pm I think Gaudette outplayed Leivo in preseason...
Absolutely.
Leivo sucks, I think I’d honestly prefer to see sutter in his spot on the pp if a rhs is so important, at least than maybe pp1 will win a faceoff. Hopefully by the end of the year gaudette is the other rhs there.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

State of the union Address / Francesco Aquilini

Francesco Aquilini on Sportsnet 650:

"I remember when we had our 40th anniversary, it was very exciting. Henrik Sedin was named captain, we're going to name our captain on Wednesday -- it's probably the worst kept secret in town... but I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag!"

"To succeed, I think you need 5 captains on a team. Just because 1 person wears the 'C' doesn't mean that the others don't provide leadership that is needed. We're hoping for a whole group of guys to emerge."

On being patient: "In this business there are ebbs and flows. People have expectations to win all the time forever -- that just doesn't work. There's always a new group of players that come in. We had a good team for many years, this new younger group comes in and need to learn what it takes. You have to be patient -- there's no other choice. You can't bring in a core, which is what you need to do to win, by trading players and free agency. All the successful teams have cores that have been drafted. That's Jim and his team -- identifying players that can be our core, give them time to develop, learn the game. They're coming in as 18-20 yr olds and playing against men."

"We've got to take the next step. Based on the group we have, the experience we're bringing in and some of these young guys, it's something that evolves and expect improvement. I think the whole city is expecting improvement."

On Baertschi waiving: "As an owner, all I can do is provide the best and as many resources I can to Jim. Internal competition is always a good thing -- this year we had that. Jim and Travis had a lot of options. It's unfortunate for Sven, I think he's a good hockey player."

On sending down high-price players: "The goal is to make the hockey team better. Whoever is going to fit in and make that happen, that's what's going to happen. Money is not a factor. If 1 player is better than another, Jim and Travis their only goal is to win, my job is to support them. If it starts turning into a money issue then we're not trying to win."

"Roberto was the backbone of the team. I don't know what his personal circumstances were and his situation -- I don't know why he did retire. We did appeal to the league, but the rules are the rules and we just have to live with it -- nothing we can do about it. I'm frustrated as well but there's nothing we can do about it -- we have to accept it and move on... if you don't like it, Satiar Shah -- I'll give you Gary's number"

On commemorating Luongo: "Roberto's number is being retired in Florida this year. We've got a lot of stuff going on with our our 50th anniversary plans, so no plans right now for Roberto -- we might in the future but right now we don't."

On NBA: "The numbers are cost prohibitive now. There was a time that maybe it was possible but to spend $2 billion on an NBA team is not something we're going to do. It's just not in our wheelhouse."

"We've got a good relationship with Utica but we're always looking to improve. If bringing the team closer makes it better from a hockey perspective -- we'd look at that. There's pros and cons to both sides of the argument. Right now we have a contract for 2 years."

more later These are just homer highlights released. There is more and better !!

Edit: It's Here Now...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/the-playbo ... a-canucks/

it is worth listening to. It usually takes 4 or more hours for these to be released via radio player.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Interesting on all the flak Sutter is getting on his play on Wednesday. Is it warranted?

All players make a bad play thoughout 82 games but with Sutter and his cap hit and his recent play maybe he is becoming the player the fans want out of town the most. He is a seasoned veteran so he should not make those plays and if it was JV, Jake would not play on Saturday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:10 am Interesting on all the flak Sutter is getting on his play on Wednesday. Is it warranted?

All players make a bad play thoughout 82 games but with Sutter and his cap hit and his recent play maybe he is becoming the player the fans want out of town the most. He is a seasoned veteran so he should not make those plays and if it was JV, Jake would not play on Saturday.
Others have mentioned that his game wasnt that bad but i found myself noticing him losing puck battles and fumbling pucks all night prior the game losing gaff.

Tomorrow's game looks like it'll be a physical one if the way the lames played the avs is any indication. Lucic giving Zadorov a gloved punch to the jaw was actually pretty funny
If you need air...call it in
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:16 am
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:10 am Interesting on all the flak Sutter is getting on his play on Wednesday. Is it warranted?

Others have mentioned that his game wasnt that bad but i found myself noticing him losing puck battles and fumbling pucks all night prior the game losing gaff.

Tomorrow's game looks like it'll be a physical one if the way the lames played the avs is any indication. Lucic giving Zadorov a gloved punch to the jaw was actually pretty funny
Sutter is getting old. It's the hands that go first. He needs to simplify his game, especially as a center.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

LOL! I don't know what I'd give up to be 30years old, but lots.....

Heads-up; Lines in practice today; Fri; Oct 4

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Miller
Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

micky107 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:23 am LOL! I don't know what I'd give up to be 30years old, but lots.....

Heads-up; Lines in practice today; Sat; Oct 4

Pearson-Horvat-Miller
Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
Did Travis get the memo?

Now if he can recall sven and bump Lievo down and Schaller out, we might be talking a real 3rd line.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Well, there's your 3rd line that has scoring potential and grit.

Will that be tonight's lineup? The coach demoting a vet to the 4th and another one to the pressbox?

Is everyone frickin' happy now?!

:D
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:16 am

What else is new? LOL!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

DonCherry4PM wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:38 am
micky107 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:23 am LOL! I don't know what I'd give up to be 30years old, but lots.....

Pearson-Horvat-Miller
Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
Did Travis get the memo?

Now if he can recall sven and bump Lievo down and Schaller out, we might be talking a real 3rd line.
The floater likes to watch anyway.

Probably loves being on non-playoff teams for the long summers off
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

“We took a look at Gaudette on the 3rd line today. We’ll see what we do tomorrow. He isn’t here just to sit around.” - Green
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Pearson-Horvat-Miller
Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
Did Travis get the memo?

Bingo!

Schaller should be willing to take on Lucic if things get rough for all the skill he offers the team.
If he won't stand up to the enforcers in the league, then McEwen should be called up, if that is a necessary role to have on the team.
Schaller doesn't offer anything besides a potential to play rough, which we haven't seen much.
That 4th line has no explosive skating at all. Switching out one of the wingers for Motte if he were healthy would help a lot.
Hopefully they just role the top three lines and use the 4th to stash penalty killers.
I hope Gaudette plays well so Green is not tempted to replace him.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:34 pm

Pearson-Horvat-Miller
Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
Did Travis get the memo?

Bingo!

Schaller should be willing to take on Lucic if things get rough for all the skill he offers the team.
If he won't stand up to the enforcers in the league, then McEwen should be called up, if that is a necessary role to have on the team.
Schaller doesn't offer anything besides a potential to play rough, which we haven't seen much.
That 4th line has no explosive skating at all. Switching out one of the wingers for Motte if he were healthy would help a lot.
Hopefully they just role the top three lines and use the 4th to stash penalty killers.
I hope Gaudette plays well so Green is not tempted to replace him.
My game plan for tomorrow wouldn't be to try and fight Lucic (and lose obviously) it would be to have them chasing around our own assholes and goad them into stupid penalties (for which Milan is famous for).
Vancouver has a fucking awesome powerplay shaping up and its going to be a weapon to use against teams full of hotheads like the Lames