Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19504
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Rumour has it Baertschi, Goldy and Biega will hit the waiver wire. Would rather they turf Fantenberg instead of the Bulldog. Can’t argue with the other two if true. Good see Gaudette stick around as he earned. No idea how Louie and Schaller are sticking around. Must have pictures of someone.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8362
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:14 am
No idea how Louie and Schaller are sticking around.
Yeah that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm not surprised Baertschi's trade value is zero. He's one hit away from retirement.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19504
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:17 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:14 am
No idea how Louie and Schaller are sticking around.
Yeah that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm not surprised Baertschi's trade value is zero. He's one hit away from retirement.
Maybe they have an inkling that a team may take a flyer on Sven. There’s zero chance any team would claim the Air Thief or Tom Schaller. So there is value if they could shed the contract of Baertschi. Nothing official yet but it’s out there from Dhaliwal and Friedman.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1382
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:14 am
Rumour has it Baertschi, Goldy and Biega will hit the waiver wire. Would rather they turf Fantenberg instead of the Bulldog. Can’t argue with the other two if true. Good see Gaudette stick around as he earned. No idea how Louie and Schaller are sticking around. Must have pictures of someone.
Salary aside, Louie is better than Goldy, like IN said Baer is a hit away from retirement and isn’t suited for a bottom 6 role. Will be interesting to see if Baer gets claimed. This is what having some nhl depth looks like.

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16000
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benning has probably tried everything to trade some of those extras and scrubs. If any of those guys get claimed it at least clears some extra cap space as well as free up a contract Spotify they slid through them Utica just got better and we have NHL depth.

Gotta think Louie is playing for a trade. Schaller I don’t get. Saw nothing from him last year but I guess until Roussel is back both he and Motte will get a chance to earn the right to stay.

Interesting times. Honestly don’t care if we lose any of them, except Biega a bit. I really like having him as a depth guy.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19504
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:49 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:14 am
Rumour has it Baertschi, Goldy and Biega will hit the waiver wire. Would rather they turf Fantenberg instead of the Bulldog. Can’t argue with the other two if true. Good see Gaudette stick around as he earned. No idea how Louie and Schaller are sticking around. Must have pictures of someone.
Salary aside, Louie is better than Goldy, like IN said Baer is a hit away from retirement and isn’t suited for a bottom 6 role. Will be interesting to see if Baer gets claimed. This is what having some nhl depth looks like.
No this is what having some garbage contracts to fringe players looks like.

And Louie is not better than Goldy. He isn’t better than anyone still in camp. His wheels are completely gone and he’s got the compete level of a chipmunk.

Keeping Fantenberg ahead of Biega makes little sense.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”

User avatar
Puck
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1096
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Puck »

One-hit to retirement notwithstanding...
Baertschi looked good with Gaudette and would probably do well on the 3rd line. I assume he's being waived because he frees up more cap than Schaller.

It sucks to be waiving middle-tier talent. Or am I just seeing this through Canuck-coloured glasses?

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1382
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 am
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:49 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:14 am
Rumour has it Baertschi, Goldy and Biega will hit the waiver wire. Would rather they turf Fantenberg instead of the Bulldog. Can’t argue with the other two if true. Good see Gaudette stick around as he earned. No idea how Louie and Schaller are sticking around. Must have pictures of someone.
Salary aside, Louie is better than Goldy, like IN said Baer is a hit away from retirement and isn’t suited for a bottom 6 role. Will be interesting to see if Baer gets claimed. This is what having some nhl depth looks like.
No this is what having some garbage contracts to fringe players looks like.

And Louie is not better than Goldy. He isn’t better than anyone still in camp. His wheels are completely gone and he’s got the compete level of a chipmunk.

Keeping Fantenberg ahead of Biega makes little sense.
They can’t waive fantanberg if he’s injured though can they? Louie can still pk and be defensively responsible, I don’t like him as a player either but he’s not as bad as you make him out to be. Baer got pushed off the pp and he doesn’t pk. I’d prefer they waived Louie but I see the rationale behind what they did. At least with Baer and Goldie in Utica the young guys have talent to play with, and there will be options for call ups this year.

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13263
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Micky »

Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Lots of chatter and speculation as to who the #Canucks put on waivers this morning.
Not confirmed but some of the names I have heard this morning include Goldy, Biega and Baertschi going on waivers.
Again just chatter, we will find out soon enough.
7:56 AM · Sep 30, 2019·
A few minutes, actually, and Boeser practicing>>>normal jersey>>>expected to play Wednesday.
"evolution"

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11901
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Topper »

Bearchia and Granlund were always placeholders Granland was let go. If Gaudette has moved Sutter to wing, that displaces Bearchia. Doubt Biega gets claimed.

Lots of teams in the same boat this time of year, few get claimed.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 11817
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by The Brown Wizard »

micky107 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:01 am
Boeser practicing>>>normal jersey>>>expected to play Wednesday.
:D
Ima start drinking now in anticipation
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19504
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:59 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 am
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:49 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:14 am
Rumour has it Baertschi, Goldy and Biega will hit the waiver wire. Would rather they turf Fantenberg instead of the Bulldog. Can’t argue with the other two if true. Good see Gaudette stick around as he earned. No idea how Louie and Schaller are sticking around. Must have pictures of someone.
Salary aside, Louie is better than Goldy, like IN said Baer is a hit away from retirement and isn’t suited for a bottom 6 role. Will be interesting to see if Baer gets claimed. This is what having some nhl depth looks like.
No this is what having some garbage contracts to fringe players looks like.

And Louie is not better than Goldy. He isn’t better than anyone still in camp. His wheels are completely gone and he’s got the compete level of a chipmunk.

Keeping Fantenberg ahead of Biega makes little sense.
They can’t waive fantanberg if he’s injured though can they? Louie can still pk and be defensively responsible, I don’t like him as a player either but he’s not as bad as you make him out to be. Baer got pushed off the pp and he doesn’t pk. I’d prefer they waived Louie but I see the rationale behind what they did. At least with Baer and Goldie in Utica the young guys have talent to play with, and there will be options for call ups this year.
Well if Fantenberg is injured then you keep Biega up as then there are only six healthy D men. Furthermore Bulldog is the better player. You can try and convince someone else that the Air Thief is worth keeping. He should be waived and be the extra forward in Utica. Bully his ass into terminating that contract.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1382
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:05 am
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:59 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 am
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:49 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:14 am
Rumour has it Baertschi, Goldy and Biega will hit the waiver wire. Would rather they turf Fantenberg instead of the Bulldog. Can’t argue with the other two if true. Good see Gaudette stick around as he earned. No idea how Louie and Schaller are sticking around. Must have pictures of someone.
Salary aside, Louie is better than Goldy, like IN said Baer is a hit away from retirement and isn’t suited for a bottom 6 role. Will be interesting to see if Baer gets claimed. This is what having some nhl depth looks like.
No this is what having some garbage contracts to fringe players looks like.

And Louie is not better than Goldy. He isn’t better than anyone still in camp. His wheels are completely gone and he’s got the compete level of a chipmunk.

Keeping Fantenberg ahead of Biega makes little sense.
They can’t waive fantanberg if he’s injured though can they? Louie can still pk and be defensively responsible, I don’t like him as a player either but he’s not as bad as you make him out to be. Baer got pushed off the pp and he doesn’t pk. I’d prefer they waived Louie but I see the rationale behind what they did. At least with Baer and Goldie in Utica the young guys have talent to play with, and there will be options for call ups this year.
Well if Fantenberg is injured then you keep Biega up as then there are only six healthy D men. Furthermore Bulldog is the better player. You can try and convince someone else that the Air Thief is worth keeping. He should be waived and be the extra forward in Utica. Bully his ass into terminating that contract.
If they waive Louie I bet he goes to the Dallas ahl team.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19504
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Topper wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:03 am
Bearchia and Granlund were always placeholders Granland was let go. If Gaudette has moved Sutter to wing, that displaces Bearchia. Doubt Biega gets claimed.

Lots of teams in the same boat this time of year, few get claimed.
Sutter would play RW if he gets bounced by Gaudette from C, while Sven plays the left side. That had nothing do do with the decision. Sven is too soft at this point, doesn’t want to get hit. Pearson and Ferland made him expendable.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19504
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:07 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:05 am
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:59 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 am
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:49 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:14 am
Rumour has it Baertschi, Goldy and Biega will hit the waiver wire. Would rather they turf Fantenberg instead of the Bulldog. Can’t argue with the other two if true. Good see Gaudette stick around as he earned. No idea how Louie and Schaller are sticking around. Must have pictures of someone.
Salary aside, Louie is better than Goldy, like IN said Baer is a hit away from retirement and isn’t suited for a bottom 6 role. Will be interesting to see if Baer gets claimed. This is what having some nhl depth looks like.
No this is what having some garbage contracts to fringe players looks like.

And Louie is not better than Goldy. He isn’t better than anyone still in camp. His wheels are completely gone and he’s got the compete level of a chipmunk.

Keeping Fantenberg ahead of Biega makes little sense.
They can’t waive fantanberg if he’s injured though can they? Louie can still pk and be defensively responsible, I don’t like him as a player either but he’s not as bad as you make him out to be. Baer got pushed off the pp and he doesn’t pk. I’d prefer they waived Louie but I see the rationale behind what they did. At least with Baer and Goldie in Utica the young guys have talent to play with, and there will be options for call ups this year.
Well if Fantenberg is injured then you keep Biega up as then there are only six healthy D men. Furthermore Bulldog is the better player. You can try and convince someone else that the Air Thief is worth keeping. He should be waived and be the extra forward in Utica. Bully his ass into terminating that contract.
If they waive Louie I bet he goes to the Dallas ahl team.
That would be great too. I’ve just seen enough of the guy. Three more years of this crap isn’t an option.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”

Post Reply