Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020 and Shakespeare

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:07 pm Pretty sure Chychrun hasn’t been scratched more than a game or two, at least last season.
He was doing well last season but then was scratched for 7 of the last 13 games...

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/pla ... 04/gamelog
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:50 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:07 pm Pretty sure Chychrun hasn’t been scratched more than a game or two, at least last season.
He was doing well last season but then was scratched for 7 of the last 13 games...

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/pla ... 04/gamelog
Sonofabitch you guys are correct. Either way he’s still a pretty good young player and it is a decent blue line. I know he’s been nicked up a bit here and there
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lol at Blobbee, him giving Chychrun the Hamonic “stud” label.

Sergachyev struggled last year as well, same with Cholowski, but according to Blob they are all on par with McAvoy
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:56 pm Lol at Blobbee, him giving Chychrun the Hamonic “stud” label.

Sergachyev struggled last year as well, same with Cholowski, but according to Blob they are all on par with McAvoy
How much have you had to drink today?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:24 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:56 pm Lol at Blobbee, him giving Chychrun the Hamonic “stud” label.

I don’t drink Monday to Thursday. I bench press on those days
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:59 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:24 pm

I don’t drink Monday to Thursday. I bench press on those days
So four days chest and triceps.... no leg days,or biceps, shoulders or back involved? Abs? So you are a mid 50s guy with a massive shitbag, chicken thighs, a greasy skullet, a Sasquatch back, a ripped chest and have big triceps but no biceps and back fat with droopy shoulders and pencil sized wrists. And probably a throat goiter and a lazy eye.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

micky107 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:19 pm .
Vancouver Canucks: 3 forwards that could be traded before the season
by Alex Hoegler 3 hours ago. https://thecanuckway.com/2019/08/15/van ... ed-season/
:) just throwing up what is "out there'..
I will guessing that the smiley face is for sarcasm, because Hoegler is 'sky is falling' kind blogger. More ups and downs than a cheerleaders panties on prom night. The guy has rubber legs that flip flop him over the fence, and does nothing but churn out crap for clicks.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Carl Yagro »

LOL @ Canuck Way...

Hoegler is the kind of blogger that just throws shit out there for volume. Absolutely a crap for clicks churner. Just terrible.

Go back and read the comments from the "regulars" there. They were constantly mocking him in every single post (although in a very erudite and sarcastic way).

Canucks Army... now there's a bunch of negative, anti-Benning writers who are beyond the 'sky is falling'. Their writers and contributors have tons of socks and troll their own site for gawd's sake. Anyone who has a positive comment is labeled a "bootlicker"... in the content of the blog post, not even in the comments.

What a complete shit show of a Canucks "fan" site.

They've invested so much in their hatred that they make Blob seem like a reasonable fellow :mrgreen:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Hank wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:24 pm LOL @ Canuck Way...

Hoegler is the kind of blogger that just throws shit out there for volume. Absolutely a crap for clicks churner. Just terrible.

Go back and read the comments from the "regulars" there. They were constantly mocking him in every single post (although in a very erudite and sarcastic way).

Yeah, I'd avoid anything written by Canuck Way. It's absolutely one of the worst site ever, and Hoegler is the worst of all among them. Hoegler cannot even qualify for a poster, let alone a writer.

As a matter of fact, pretty much all other blogs hosted by fansided are complete crap.
If you don't think Hoegler is enough for a proof, check out Editor in Leaf, it's worse than Hoegler.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Elias Pettersson was interviewed on a morning talk show yesterday. I've tried to transcribe the dialogue.

Male host: I have to ask you something, I haven’t seen you in real life before, and you’re not really huge, so to say, but you have like the hardest shot in the world…?
Petey: Naaah…
Male host: Almost…
Petey: In the world…?
MH: But you shoot hard…
Petey: It’s what I aim for, but you’re correct in that I’m not really huge in size.
MH: But what’s the technique… the explanation for having such a hard shot?
P: No… but… it’s not really a secret… it’s like… how do I put it… I’m a very stubborn person; if I want to learn something, I put in an enormous amount of time, and I have done that with my shot, and I’m glad…
Female host: But what’s the key to achieving that … force?
Petey: Uhm… yeah… I’m not that good at explaining stuff…
MH: Do you play golf?
Petey: I do play golf.
MH: Do you… the hip first… and then a hell of a backswing…?
Petey: It might actually be some of the same thinking, that you get the hip in in your swing, yes.
MH: Do you hit 300 metres with the driver?
Petey: No I don’t. I shoot shorter straight shots.
FH: Another thing you are praised for is the way you see the game. Not least the legendary Wayne Gretzky has stated that this dude is really fun to watch playing hockey. This is what he said on Instagram: “To see this young man come in and excite the crowd and put on his show is fantastic for hockey” [differs slightly from text on screen]. How come you have such a good eye?
Petey: Yeah… hehe… I have no good answer for that… it’s like… I have always tried to be one step ahead when I play hockey and see where the puck is going to end up instead of where it has already been.
FH: Are you interested in systems?
Petey: Yes. Yes, I am.
MH: Are you a step ahead in everyday life as well? When you enter a store through a revolving door… you can time that perfectly?
FH: A new Gunde Svan…? (laughs) [Swedish Olympic skier with extreme focus on details]
MH: No, but I think you can have game instinct in everyday situations as well…
Petey: It’s better on the ice. Let’s just say that.
FH: How would you describe the very successful year you have had?
Petey: Yeah, like… I feel I am saying this in every interview, but I’m living my dream. Like, for me, the way the season turned out, it was unreal, because, like, you grow up in a small village, Ånge, I never really thought I would reach the NHL, and then I get there, the first season and, yeah, achieve what I did… No, it’s unreal.
FH: Do you, like, have to pinch yourself at times?
Petey: Absolutely. I’ve learnt, you know, to relax, so it isn’t hockey 24-7, but… yeah. I’ve learnt to relax.
FH: So who in the team do you hang with?
Petey: I hang with Brock Boeser, a young guy on the team, and then I hang with Markström quite a lot, so that… yeah.
MH: If it’s not hockey 24-7, what is it those other hours, that aren’t hockey?
Petey: Then it’s, well, I have golf as a hobby, my second sport maybe, especially in the summer… er …
FH: You don’t have a zero handicap yet, or…?
Petey: No, it’s 6.7 right now, but I’m working toward it. Slow but steady.
MH: You need to hit the ball farther!
Petey: Yeah, there’s that. No, but I’d say I’m like any normal person otherwise. I hang with my friends, I like video games. Just chilling.
MH: When you came over then, and you succeed right away, and you’re just 19, are the other players, on other teams, especially mean, or do they use kid’s gloves because you’re so young?
Petey: Uhm… I think in the beginning, I don’t know, what can I say, that they hadn’t heard of me, and they didn’t focus on me, then when I had a good start they started focusing a bit more on me and tried to get inside my head. Try some trash talk, as they call it there.
FH: You said trash talk?
MH: Trash talk.
Petey: Yeah, trash talk, like…
MH: What do they say then, like, “have you gotten a moustache yet?” or?
Petey: Yeah, like, something like that, or it could be some cruder words as well… but nothing I take in.
FH: There must be an enormous mental pressure as well…
Petey: I’ve never had a mental coach or anything like that, but I feel mentally strong. I, like, I don’t worry about what people say about me. No matter how much pressure there is from the outside, I’m always my worst critic. So the only real pressure I feel is from myself.
MH: When we see you play, it’s enjoyable, there’s a certain aesthetic to it, it’s beautiful. Do you think about that? Do you strive to make beautiful plays?
Petey: Sure, absolutely. That’s what you… I mean, I think it’s fun, and perhaps it becomes a highlight on the news, or takes off on twitter, but…
FH: Is that your goal?
Petey: No, it’s not the goal, I don’t really know what the goal is…
FH: … to be on the cover of NHL 20 in Sweden…
MH: You already achieved that.
Petey: No, I didn’t think that was possible, but I did that somehow. Yeah…
FH: This is what it looks like.
Petey: Yeah, that’s….
FH: When are you going back there?
Petey: I don’t have a date yet, but I’m going back there like the third or fifth of September as the training camp start on September 12th, so… I go there a week ahead of time to adjust for the time difference.
FH: How is your physique after this summer then?
Petey: Uhm… I hope it is good. I’ve trained… I’ve been training all summer, so… trying, like, to get stronger, faster and all that. The physique feels good.
MH: Now we just want to wish you a second season as successful as your first!
FH: Yes, it is so exciting that you’re doing so well!
Petey: Thank you very much.
MH: And if you score some nice looking goals also, we can show them here.
Petey: Sounds good.
FH: We can share them on twitter too.
MH: Thanks for coming.
https://www.tv4play.se/program/nyhetsmorgon/12490283
Last edited by Per on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

They've invested so much in their hatred that they make Blob seem like a reasonable fellow :mrgreen:
The haters don’t have much time left. Their day in the sun is over
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Per wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:23 am Elias Pettersson was interviewed on a morning talk show yesterday. I've tried to transcribe the dialogue.
Thanks Per - all seems good in Petey's world...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:08 am
The haters don’t have much time left. Their day in the sun is over
Who are these haters? Do they live under your bed?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

From Petey's interview, thanks to Per
Petey: I hang with Brock Boeser, a young guy on the team, and then I hang with Markström quite a lot, so that… yeah.
Cool.
I’m a very stubborn person; if I want to learn something, I put in an enormous amount of time, and I have done that with my shot, and I’m glad…
Very good
I’ve never had a mental coach or anything like that, but I feel mentally strong. I, like, I don’t worry about what people say about me. No matter how much pressure there is from the outside, I’m always my worst critic. So the only real pressure I feel is from myself.
A good idea in this town. ;)
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/ice-ready-for-the ... -1.4551698

Our 40th; https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canuck ... s/c-539799

Something must have flew over my head. Shouldn't 50 be next year? Ya, I know we started playing in 1970 but it shouldn't be till next year.
Who cheated first? Us or the Sabres?

Anything for a party I guess. The 50 looks ugly. Dumbest looking 5 I've ever seen.
"evolution"