2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:59 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:43 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:33 pm I definitely wouldn’t trade our young guys for any other young core outside of Colorado’s.
The original question was to who had the better prospect pool currently. Petterson, Hughes and Boeser are not prospects. Then the troll turned the discussion on its ear like he usually does. He must be bored as he’s resorting to lying pretty regularly these days. :?
I do find it odd you seem to have a lot of time for vilardi, but not joulevi
The bust brothers! Neither will amount to a hill of beans
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:43 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:33 pm I definitely wouldn’t trade our young guys for any other young core outside of Colorado’s.
The original question was to who had the better prospect pool currently. Petterson, Hughes and Boeser are not prospects. Then the troll turned the discussion on its ear like he usually does. He must be bored as he’s resorting to lying pretty regularly these days. :?
Wasn't the original question who the Canucks should pick in the 2020 draft, then Doyle derailed the thread by going on about the Kings prospects?

But Doyle, we really want to know - did Kenny Holland jilt you? Why aren't you talking about his prospects in the world juniors?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I was talking about prospective players for the upcoming 2020 draft and mentioned Tag Bertuzzi. I said he might be worth a look in the mid rounds. I said when I watched him play I also liked his teammate Arthur Kaliyev and added that the Kings had a good prospect pool. The troll then jumped up and down and said the Kings had a garbage pool of kids. He thinks every team other than Vancouver has a shitty prospect pool, so there’s that. So back and forth with that and it’s hilarious that all the “experts” that he loves to quote when they have something nice to say about a Canucks prospect, were pretty much in lockstep that the Kings have a damn good pipeline.

So yeah maybe I deviated slightly, but the troll totally dragged the thread into the ditch as he’s done so often. Not sure what multiple cup winner Ken Holland has to do with any of this. Were you in the shower with the troll, Gillis and Holland when he got skullet tossed? Lot of pent up anger against a good Kelowna guy on this board.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:10 am I was talking about prospective players for the upcoming 2020 draft and mentioned Tag Bertuzzi. I said he might be worth a look in the mid rounds. I said when I watched him play I also liked his teammate Arthur Kaliyev and added that the Kings had a good prospect pool. The troll then jumped up and down and said the Kings had a garbage pool of kids. He thinks every team other than Vancouver has a shitty prospect pool, so there’s that. So back and forth with that and it’s hilarious that all the “experts” that he loves to quote when they have something nice to say about a Canucks prospect, were pretty much in lockstep that the Kings have a damn good pipeline.

So yeah maybe I deviated slightly, but the troll totally dragged the thread into the ditch as he’s done so often. Not sure what multiple cup winner Ken Holland has to do with any of this. Were you in the shower with the troll, Gillis and Holland when he got skullet tossed? Lot of pent up anger against a good Kelowna guy on this board.
Mid round pick we should grab Jim’s other nephew.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:17 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:10 am I was talking about prospective players for the upcoming 2020 draft and mentioned Tag Bertuzzi. I said he might be worth a look in the mid rounds. I said when I watched him play I also liked his teammate Arthur Kaliyev and added that the Kings had a good prospect pool. The troll then jumped up and down and said the Kings had a garbage pool of kids. He thinks every team other than Vancouver has a shitty prospect pool, so there’s that. So back and forth with that and it’s hilarious that all the “experts” that he loves to quote when they have something nice to say about a Canucks prospect, were pretty much in lockstep that the Kings have a damn good pipeline.

Mid round pick we should grab Jim’s other nephew.
Sure why not? They should have a handful of mid round picks.

Bert’s kid was the #2 pick in the OHL draft and has pretty good bloodlines. Obviously his dad was a real good player but also his cousin who is like equal to Frank Corrado. :lol:

Tag is having a much better season this year as he’s healthy and out of a situation in Guelph where they weren’t playing the kid.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What Booze Hargraves fails to understand is that we have out-drafted the Kings every year for the last 6 years. For instance The Kings 2018 and 2017 first round picks Kupari and Vilardi are still prospects toiling miserably in the minor leagues while our 2018 and 2017 first round picks Hughes and Pettersson are already superstars in the NHL. But in Blobs mind, the Kings are deeper, lol. Go figure.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:30 pm What Booze Hargraves fails to understand is that we have out-drafted the Kings every year for the last 6 years. For instance The Kings 2018 and 2017 first round picks Kupari and Vilardi are still prospects toiling miserably in the minor leagues while our 2018 and 2017 first round picks Hughes and Pettersson are already superstars in the NHL. But in Blobs mind, the Kings are deeper, lol. Go figure.
Chef again moves the goalposts. Reading is not his strong suit.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'm taking Drysdale over the underwhelming Byfield at 2 OA from what ive seen. QB has looked pretty basic
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:55 am I'm taking Drysdale over the underwhelming Byfield at 2 OA from what ive seen. QB has looked pretty basic
I agree Brown. I like him more than Byram. Super intelligent player
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:30 pm But in Blobs mind, the Kings are deeper, lol. Go figure.
um... of course the Kings prospect pool is deeper.

we removed Pettersson and Hughes from the prospect pool and added them to the NHL pool.

sure we out drafted them, but we did it so well that their pool is now deeper than ours as we took our best out of the pool.

If you stopped trying to troll ole blobbie so hard and piss all over every thread doing it, you would realize that your simply like an untrained puppy with 2 peckers.

you should stop pissing everywhere, or learn to troll better.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:44 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:30 pm But in Blobs mind, the Kings are deeper, lol. Go figure.
um... of course the Kings prospect pool is deeper.

we removed Pettersson and Hughes from the prospect pool and added them to the NHL pool.

sure we out drafted them, but we did it so well that their pool is now deeper than ours as we took our best out of the pool.

If you stopped trying to troll ole blobbie so hard and piss all over every thread doing it, you would realize that your simply like an untrained puppy with 2 peckers.

you should stop pissing everywhere, or learn to troll better.
NM LOL at MCP
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ole Chef Boi’s brilliant postings seem to causing problems for MCP
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'm thinking/hoping Tampa gets our 2020 #20-#24 range pick. :D so with that we'd get the what 64th - 67th range in the 2nd round?

SL's fave C Antonio Stranges
LW Pavel Novak
C Ty Smilanic
LW Jaromir Pytlik
RW Simon Knak
RW Zion Nybeck
C Tyson Foerster
C Thomas Bordeleau
C Roni Hirvonen
LW Blake Biondi
RW Luke Evangelista
C Ethan Bowen
LW Carson Bantle
C Marat Khusnutdinov
RW John-Jason Peterka
C Zayde Wisdom
LW Cross Hanas
C Logan Morrison
D Simon Kubicek
D Daemon Hunt
D Topi Niemelä
D Samuel Knazko
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A playoff spot this year will not be an easy task SKYO. Tampa may not be getting that pick until 2021, in which it’s not a good class at all. It’s the 2022 draft that’s a beauty - Lambert, Wright, Savoie etc.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:44 am A playoff spot this year will not be an easy task SKYO. Tampa may not be getting that pick until 2021, in which it’s not a good class at all. It’s the 2022 draft that’s a beauty - Lambert, Wright, Savoie etc.
Yeah. If the Canucks make the playoffs, it will be as the 15th or 16th overall seed in terms of total points. Even if we snag 2nd or 3rd in our division, there's a decent possibility that we will still have fewer points than a wild card team.

If Tampa gets our 2020 pick we will have to win at least one playoff round or there's a very good chance they won't be picking any lower than 17th.