2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:27 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:25 pm Yeah the scouts have been watching these guys for two or three years. It’s a strong draft regardless if the kids got to play the last couple of months of their seasons.

Re Chef, tomorrow is going to be an interesting day and a kickoff to a crazy week. A few dominoes fall and it will open a massive floodgate of movement
Have you ever had Driftwoods Fat Tug IPA?
Driftwood? Know nothing about it. I usually only drink that swill at the Arms. I’m drinking lite beer these days. Tastes like ass but less filling and not all the bloating
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:36 pmI’m drinking lite beer these days. Tastes like ass but less filling and not all the bloating
:lol:

Lite beer is for fags. Does it wash away the taste of wang better?
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:09 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:03 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:44 pm I couldn’t care less about acquiring more draft picks in this draft. I’m more interested in who we are re-signing and getting rid of contracts this off season
Its always good to constantly keep stocking the pipeline. Pretty much common sense really. It doesn’t look like Stecher and Virtanen are in the teams plans, may as well get something back for them instead of letting them walk.
If we lose 2 of the 3 UFA’s to the market in which is a very strong possibility I believe both Stecher and Virtanen are coming back unless packaged as a sweetener to get rid of a bad contract due to signing all the 3 big UFA’s. It’s nerve racking really, I guess it will all take off once we know what will happen with Markstrom whom I gather is priority no.1

OEL ain’t happening IMHO, it’s not in the stars for us. Enticing but contract is too rich, have to plan for Petey and Hughes contracts, not to mention the Yotes I’m sure are demanding the farm,
Yeah, I get the feeling that if it doesn't happen before Friday, think that is when FA begins, it ain't happening. Friedman said the following on 650:

I think it’s going to come down to – does OEL come out and set a deadline. I think the Canucks want him, the interest is legit – they’d like to do it. Arizona is playing a slow game & feels they can wait. Does the player put a deadline on it? Deadlines spur action.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:39 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:36 pmI’m drinking lite beer these days. Tastes like ass but less filling and not all the bloating

Lite beer is for fags. Does it wash away the taste of wang better?
Lol. Wow.

That was harsh.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:40 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:39 pm

Lite beer is for fags*. Does it wash away the taste of wang better?
Lol. Wow.

That was harsh.
Harsh.... but true

(*Not that there's anything wrong with that)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Lol. Nope!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Yoodle owes Blob a case for gay-shaming him into pouring 23 cans of Coor's Lite down the drain.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

theman wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:48 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:09 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:03 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:44 pm I couldn’t care less about acquiring more draft picks in this draft. I’m more interested in who we are re-signing and getting rid of contracts this off season
Its always good to constantly keep stocking the pipeline. Pretty much common sense really. It doesn’t look like Stecher and Virtanen are in the teams plans, may as well get something back for them instead of letting them walk.
If we lose 2 of the 3 UFA’s to the market in which is a very strong possibility I believe both Stecher and Virtanen are coming back unless packaged as a sweetener to get rid of a bad contract due to signing all the 3 big UFA’s. It’s nerve racking really, I guess it will all take off once we know what will happen with Markstrom whom I gather is priority no.1

OEL ain’t happening IMHO, it’s not in the stars for us. Enticing but contract is too rich, have to plan for Petey and Hughes contracts, not to mention the Yotes I’m sure are demanding the farm,
Yeah, I get the feeling that if it doesn't happen before Friday, think that is when FA begins, it ain't happening. Friedman said the following on 650:

I think it’s going to come down to – does OEL come out and set a deadline. I think the Canucks want him, the interest is legit – they’d like to do it. Arizona is playing a slow game & feels they can wait. Does the player put a deadline on it? Deadlines spur action.
I think it comes down to AZ's ownership basically saying that they need to dump salary. OEL probably won't set a deadline, he's probably going to leave the door open to both teams, and no more.

Benning should just sit tight and wait and let the Yote's ownership force OEL into his lap.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:26 pm Yoodle owes Blob a case for gay-shaming him into pouring 23 cans of Coor's Lite down the drain.
Doubtful. Hargraves (allegedly) just went a month on the wagon.....no way, now how, that any level of shame is gonna get him to dump beer of any kind. :P
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:36 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:26 pm Yoodle owes Blob a case for gay-shaming him into pouring 23 cans of Coor's Lite down the drain.
Doubtful. Hargraves (allegedly) just went a month on the wagon.....no way, now how, that any level of shame is gonna get him to dump beer of any kind. :P
I only made it a couple weeks. :oops:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:56 pm
You lasted a week longer than ole Chef here
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:13 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:56 pm
You lasted a week longer than ole Chef here
27th year
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:15 pm 27th year
I'll drink to that! :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

:thumbs:
Strangelove wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:16 pm
rats19 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:15 pm 27th year
I'll drink to that! :drink:
:thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Congrats rats. As I crest 50 and everything hurts nowadays, I wonder if quitting altogether isn’t the way to go. I’m not there yet but I have an eye open towards it. It seems to take more than it gives.