2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:16 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:42 pm OMG Doyle you're like Eeyore, dump that crap and pick up some scotch buddy!
What kids are ready to step in and contribute?
How bout a couple of MacEwen, Hoglander, Lind, Lockwood, Gadjovich, Juolevi, Rathbone, Rafferty...

Or should we not even let them try out?
Mac is already on the team. Hoglander is a massive long shot for next year, ditto for Lind, Lockwood and Gadjovich. Juolevi with his six minutes of experience may make it as a 6/7. Rafferty isn’t a kid. He’s balding, his teeth are falling out and he has one eye. He kinda reminds me of you. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doylee this is the team everyone wants to play for. Deals will be everywhere when you roll with the swedish gretzky and the american neidermeyer (not to mention soon having the other swedish Lidstrom ;) )
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:22 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:16 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:42 pm OMG Doyle you're like Eeyore, dump that crap and pick up some scotch buddy!
What kids are ready to step in and contribute?
How bout a couple of MacEwen, Hoglander, Lind, Lockwood, Gadjovich, Juolevi, Rathbone, Rafferty...

Or should we not even let them try out?
Mac is already on the team. Hoglander is a massive long shot for next year, ditto for Lind, Lockwood and Gadjovich. Juolevi with his six minutes of experience may make it as a 6/7. Rafferty isn’t a kid.
Mac only played in 17 games + 6 playoff games, he's still considered a rookie going into next season by NHL standards.

As is Rafferty.

Whatevs bud, you're turning into a black hole of despair!

Smoke an ounce of weed, drink a bottle of scotch, and call me in the morning...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

There’s no despair. I’m merely pointing out that most of the kids are more than a year away. The bottom six is a trainwreck and so is the defensive depth. Just pointing out the obvious. :)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2020 top 5 redraft

1. Lafrenierre
2. Stutzle
3. Lundell
4. Raymond
5. Drysdale
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

A re-draft after two months. Yet it’s too soon to do a 2016 re-draft almost five years later because Vancouver made a poor pick in the first round of said draft. :lol: you can’t make this shit up.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:02 am A re-draft after two months. Yet it’s too soon to do a 2016 re-draft almost five years later because Vancouver made a poor pick in the first round of said draft. :lol: you can’t make this shit up.
Are you still selecting Byfield ahead of Stutzle? Yikes! Byfield has looked awful in two WJCs in a row. Awful
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

To be fair Byfield was still the youngest player that this WJC but lets face it...hes not tracking as hoped by the kings
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:07 am To be fair Byfield was still the youngest player that this WJC but lets face it...hes not tracking as hoped by the kings
Byfield is actually old for his class. He doesn’t qualify for the worlds next year.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:05 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:02 am A re-draft after two months. Yet it’s too soon to do a 2016 re-draft almost five years later because Vancouver made a poor pick in the first round of said draft. :lol: you can’t make this shit up.
Are you still selecting Byfield ahead of Stutzle? Yikes! Byfield has looked awful in two WJCs in a row. Awful
Is that what I said?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:14 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:05 am
Is that what I said?
Just curious, are you?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Probably not but the draft was what two.... three months ago.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

In a re-draft are you taking Stutzle first overall? Ole Chef here is
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:30 pm Doylee this is the team everyone wants to play for. Deals will be everywhere when you roll with the swedish gretzky and the american neidermeyer (not to mention soon having the other swedish Lidstrom ;) )
The other Swedish Lidstrom?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:46 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:30 pm Doylee this is the team everyone wants to play for. Deals will be everywhere when you roll with the swedish gretzky and the american neidermeyer (not to mention soon having the other swedish Lidstrom ;) )
The other Swedish Lidstrom?
The days of OEL