2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:43 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:37 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:34 pm “But then I said”?

I’m not understanding you. Did I contradict myself somewhere? Gomes said that. I was repeating it because it made no sense to me. Trading Boeser for Dobson wouldn’t set this team back in my opinion.
Scratched for over half the games last season and tallying 1 goal and 6 assists and you’re trading an established top 6 forward for an unknown quality? Are you suggesting rolling the dice on trading for Dobson now because you feel he will be a first pairing D-man one day? That’s a serious gamble
I feel Dobson will undoubtedly become a top pairing D man. Go look at how Trotz has brought young D men along in the past. They usually apprentice in the minors for a spell too. Ellis, Josi, Ekholm, Jones, Weber, Suter, etc. The kid is 19, will be 6 ft 4 and 215 when he fills out and can skate like the wind. He will be a 2 way beast. Think Seth Jones, Alex Pietrangelo.
Agreed. Hes tracking into an elite 2 way defender. If his development was any farther along theres no way Boeser would be enough.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:05 am

I’m not understanding you. Did I contradict myself somewhere? Gomes said that. I was repeating it because it made no sense to me. Trading Boeser for Dobson wouldn’t set this team back in my opinion.
Scratched for over half the games last season and tallying 1 goal and 6 assists and you’re trading an established top 6 forward for an unknown quality? Are you suggesting rolling the dice on trading for Dobson now because you feel he will be a first pairing D-man one day? That’s a serious gamble
I feel Dobson will undoubtedly become a top pairing D man. Go look at how Trotz has brought young D men along in the past. They usually apprentice in the minors for a spell too. Ellis, Josi, Ekholm, Jones, Weber, Suter, etc. The kid is 19, will be 6 ft 4 and 215 when he fills out and can skate like the wind. He will be a 2 way beast. Think Seth Jones, Alex Pietrangelo.
Agreed. Hes tracking into an elite 2 way defender. If his development was any farther along theres no way Boeser would be enough.
Stop sniffing airplane model glue. Shouldn’t you be doing stoner yoga on your Indian rug, laying flat out on your back? “I need to stretch I’m stiff”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Just read that Dobson is ranked 5th on the Islanders Right Side Depth chart:

1. Puloch
2. Boychuk
3. Pelech
4. Mayfield
5. DOBSON

Fucking hell, and Doyle is trading Boeser straight up for him. What a lunatic

“The next Pietrangelo!” :lol:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:15 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:05 am

Stop sniffing airplane model glue. Shouldn’t you be doing stoner yoga on your Indian rug, laying flat out on your back? “I need to stretch I’m stiff”
Already finished...i stretch to the sunrise and whale song

Heres stoner math for ya too...

D~C > W~G
-------------------
CUP
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

20 yr olds with top pairing potential, 6'4" 2 way d men are NOT cheap to acquire. Wingers grow on trees

https://dobberprospects.com/player/noah-dobson/
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Here’s my prediction

- We are signing Toffoli and Markstrom

- Tanev walks

- We sign Barrie

- Nobody on right wing is getting traded until Podkolzin arrives. Next Season will tell the tale who stays and who goes on RW. Watch MacEwan and Linds development and Virtanen’s evolution

- The big trades will happen after next season involving Demko and a RW for top pairing D-men

- bye Sutter and bye Pearson after next season

- Eriksson still lingers

- Tryamkin arrives after we say goodbye to Tanev. The arrival of Tryamkin may stop a Barrie signing

- Podkolzin, Hoglander and Lind make the team earlier than expected

- Juolevi gets his feet wet next season along with Rafferty

- Bye Stecher, bye Benn

- Happy Retirement Edler
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:32 am 20 yr olds with top pairing potential, 6'4" 2 way d men are NOT cheap to acquire. Wingers grow on trees

https://dobberprospects.com/player/noah-dobson/
I’d trade Virtanen for Dobson, but not Boeser. If we are trading Boeser for a D-man I’d be looking for a known known and not a known unknown
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You’ve never seen the kid play. Best defence man in the CHL two years running, back to back Mem Cups. Pelech has plays the left side. As has been said, Trotz brings along D men slowly. How much playing time did Weber, Suter, Josi, Ellis, Ekholm, Hamhuis, Jones get as kids. Every single one of those guys turned into a top pairing D man.

Juolevi is a joke.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:40 am Here’s my prediction

- We are signing Toffoli and Markstrom

- Tanev walks

- We sign Barrie

- Nobody on right wing is getting traded until Podkolzin arrives.
This is what I'm thinking too.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:54 am You’ve never seen the kid play. Best defence man in the CHL two years running, back to back Mem Cups. Pelech has plays the left side. As has been said, Trotz brings along D men slowly. How much playing time did Weber, Suter, Josi, Ellis, Ekholm, Hamhuis, Jones get as kids. Every single one of those guys turned into a top pairing D man.

Juolevi is a joke.
Fabbro is developing just fine without no-neck Trotz. I’m sorry Doyle but Nashville’s D history has more to do with Nashville’s scouting than coaching. Please buddy, Trotz did not make Weber, Suter, Jodi, Ekholm etc., :lol: stop being silly now

Pelech plays left because there’s too many Righties in NYI. No fucking chance in hell Im trading Boeser straight up for Dobson, give your head a shake.

Dobson is 5th in RS depth chart
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dobson will be a #1 D man within 2-3 years. Nobody said Trotz made any of those guys. Learn to read. I said he brought them along slowly. Go check out their stats as rookie pros. Most of them were in the AHL or playing bottom pairing minutes their first couple years. Dobson is 19 years old.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef you'll be backpeddaling on Dobson. The kid is the real deal.

Didnt you see him play van just before the shutdown? He was eye-openingly good
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:54 am You’ve never seen the kid play. Best defence man in the CHL two years running, back to back Mem Cups.
Derrick Pouliot was voted CHL defenceman of the year

It’s not a good gauge Doylez.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:21 am Chef you'll be backpeddaling on Dobson. The kid is the real deal.

He’s never seen him play. He hates Canadian players especially the young ones. He’s a fan of the Americans. He writes off kids at 18 or 19. See Makar, Mackinnon, etc, Robert Thomas, Bowen Byram ... the list goes on, Tavares. He’s got eyesight like Mr Magoo.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:21 am Chef you'll be backpeddaling on Dobson. The kid is the real deal.

In 34 NHL games and no AHL games (not eligible) he’s the real deal - :lol:

The problem being, BW. Doyle said Evan “Dana Murzyn” Bouchard is the real deal too :lol:

You know who the real deal is, StoneWizard? Quinn Hughes!!