2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:56 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:36 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:26 pm Yoodle owes Blob a case for gay-shaming him into pouring 23 cans of Coor's Lite down the drain.
Doubtful. Hargraves (allegedly) just went a month on the wagon.....no way, now how, that any level of shame is gonna get him to dump beer of any kind. :P
I only made it a couple weeks. :oops:
Dude you need to shit can the firewater. Its toxic waste

Grab some mango juice and only buy the high % primo. The mango juice supercharges your buzz.

Epic stone dude.
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:20 pm Congrats rats. As I crest 50 and everything hurts nowadays, I wonder if quitting altogether isn’t the way to go. I’m not there yet but I have an eye open towards it. It seems to take more than it gives.
Thnx... for me it wasn’t that it hurt , it did. But it’s that I didn’t care... so if you’re thinking it... good on ya!

It takes a while to get the actual sober flow of life but after a while I wouldn’t trade it for anything!
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:20 pm Congrats rats. As I crest 50 and everything hurts nowadays, I wonder if quitting altogether isn’t the way to go. I’m not there yet but I have an eye open towards it. It seems to take more than it gives.
Yup, cuz you could quite easily just quit altogether and forever.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

rats19 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:15 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:13 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:56 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:36 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:26 pm Yoodle owes Blob a case for gay-shaming him into pouring 23 cans of Coor's Lite down the drain.
Doubtful. Hargraves (allegedly) just went a month on the wagon.....no way, now how, that any level of shame is gonna get him to dump beer of any kind. :P
I only made it a couple weeks. :oops:
You lasted a week longer than ole Chef here
27th year
Congrats Rats!! I can only handle ‘sober October’. :wink:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I like a cold beer after a round of golf, or after a long week.

A good shot of whisky.

A good glass of wine to go with dinner.

I just don't drink as much and try to workout 3 - 4 nights a week.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Hey Rats, I just came back around reading all the threads, and realized my last post was pretty flippant and could be taken the wrong way.

Make no mistake, 27 years is an amazing accomplishment! It’s a standard that most humans (myself included) will never hope to attain. You have shown inner strength, will power, and have set an example for others. I could not do it. Don’t back down or waver in your beliefs. we need more humans like you!! If you ever need anything, I’ll do my damndest to be there for you.

Sorry if my post came across wrong.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:13 pm Hey Rats, I just came back around reading all the threads, and realized my last post was pretty flippant and could be taken the wrong way.

Make no mistake, 27 years is an amazing accomplishment! It’s a standard that most humans (myself included) will never hope to attain. You have shown inner strength, will power, and have set an example for others. I could not do it. Don’t back down or waver in your beliefs. we need more humans like you!! If you ever need anything, I’ll do my damndest to be there for you.

Sorry if my post came across wrong.
Thnx MCP.... no worries it’s all good
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vancouver #Canucks@Canucks
GM Jim Benning comments on the challenges of drafting remotely and the #Canucks plans heading into the 2020 #NHLDraft.
DRAFT | Benning Media Availability 10.05.20
2:45 PM · Oct 5, 2020
https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1313233753662136320
9:00 minutes long.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Malmö D-man Helge Grans is expected to go late first / early second round.
Big right shooting d-man with great lateral movement who runs the pp on his junior team and also averages around 13 minutes in the SHL.
Will be a key player on the Swedish blueline at the WJC.

Says he has been interviewed by the Vancouver Canucks several times... :look:

Makes sense. Looks like a great fit to our needs.

Are they perhaps looking to trade for an early second round pick if he is still available? :hmmm:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/3 ... elge-grans
https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/202 ... ng-report/
http://www.mynhldraft.com/2020-nhl-draf ... elge-Grans

Ranked #19 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #28 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
Ranked #35 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #39 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #6 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
Ranked #15 by DOBBERPROSPECTS/ROBINSON
Ranked #27 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #32 by TSN/McKenzie
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Crickets up to now.
What are the odds that Benning has deals completed already and was just waiting until draft day to announce them just to make the day more of an event when there is a bigger audience? That’s possible, right?
Or, on the other hand, with no draft picks today, maybe more crickets?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:40 am Crickets up to now.
What are the odds that Benning has deals completed already and was just waiting until draft day to announce them just to make the day more of an event when there is a bigger audience? That’s possible, right?
I'd say Benning has the upper hand with both Bill Armstrong and Markstrom. The yoties don't want to give away their franchise defenseman but he has them over a barrel. Same with Marky. He wants to stay on and see where this team can go more than he wants to cash in with detroit and suffer that fate.

It sure looks like Tanev is gone though.
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:03 am
I'd say Benning has the upper hand with both Bill Armstrong and Markstrom. The yoties don't want to give away their franchise defenseman but he has them over a barrel. Same with Marky. He wants to stay on and see where this team can go more than he wants to cash in with detroit and suffer that fate.

Yeah, Tanev looks gone, kind of mixed on it but in some ways I agree, he was lucky last season (injury wise). One of those hard choices. Now if we do land OEL, it would make loosing Tanev easier to take.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I do not see any big deals coming down for any team, it will be a quiet draft day.

When FA opens up I also see a lot more players taking longer to sign as GM's will not be paying the initial asking price as they cannot afford it. Players and Agents are going to need to adjust, but maybe some of the bigger names will go quick.

So many rumours are false and made to get key clicks.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:52 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:03 am

Yeah, Tanev looks gone, kind of mixed on it but in some ways I agree, he was lucky last season (injury wise). One of those hard choices. Now if we do land OEL, it would make loosing Tanev easier to take.
Taking on Larsson's contract would be very much a deal for the now, not the long term future. Better win the cup in the next three years.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

2Fingers wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:02 am
I do not see any big deals coming down for any team, it will be a quiet draft day.

When FA opens up I also see a lot more players taking longer to sign as GM's will not be paying the initial asking price as they cannot afford it. Players and Agents are going to need to adjust, but maybe some of the bigger names will go quick.

So many rumours are false and made to get key clicks.
I think a lot of teams are operating on internal budgets. Owners (remember, this is a business) don’t know how much revenue will be there when a gate driven league has no gate so some of them are cutting costs. Media and agents are a little slower to figure it out. Sounds like every GM has had multiple conversations with every other GM. They are all working to set the new market value in their round about ways.