2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:18 am So if the league jams this bastardized 24 team tournament down everyone’s yaps and the draft is pushed to the end of the season, what if Vancouver gets stomped in the first round by a lower seeded team, then what? That could end up being a top 10 pick. No way that should go to the Devils.
We ain’t getting stomped the boys are hungry!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Itll likely be a round robin for seeding. Cant see this team getting spanked in a tournament style format like that if theyre healthy. A best of 7 against a better team sure but not a RR
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:56 am Itll likely be a round robin for seeding. Cant see this team getting spanked in a tournament style format like that if theyre healthy. A best of 7 against a better team sure but not a RR
Anytime the games have been “big” the team comes out flying and have absolutely dominated opponents.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:01 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:56 am Itll likely be a round robin for seeding. Cant see this team getting spanked in a tournament style format like that if theyre healthy. A best of 7 against a better team sure but not a RR
Anytime the games have been “big” the team comes out flying and have absolutely dominated opponents.
Plus factor in a well rested Pettersson. Hes like fuckin gretzky when hes not worn down
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:52 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:18 am So if the league jams this bastardized 24 team tournament down everyone’s yaps and the draft is pushed to the end of the season, what if Vancouver gets stomped in the first round by a lower seeded team, then what? That could end up being a top 10 pick. No way that should go to the Devils.
Anything can happen in a short tournament and let’s not pretend this improving young team doesn’t have warts. It isn’t a juggernaut. Point is I’d want to keep that pick in the event that it’s 8-12.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 am
Plus factor in a well rested Pettersson. Hes like fuckin gretzky when hes not worn down
Yep - our best players are our youngest ones. They should be able to jump right in without losing as much of a step as the older players (See Boston). My only concern is Marky... hasn't played in a while. Might be prone to letting in the odd "bad" goal again? Or will he go straight back to almost-Vezina caliber play?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:04 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:52 am
Anything can happen in a short tournament and let’s not pretend this improving young team doesn’t have warts. It isn’t a juggernaut. Point is I’d want to keep that pick in the event that it’s 8-12.
You need to letgo.com of that pick Doyle. Its gonner than the chef's gonorrea. We have Miller now and that pretty fuckin good enough
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:04 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 am
Yep - our best players are our youngest ones. They should be able to jump right in without losing as much of a step as the older players (See Boston). My only concern is Marky... hasn't played in a while. Might be prone to letting in the odd "bad" goal again? Or will he go straight back to almost-Vezina caliber play?
Well i had my reservations about Markstrom at the start of this year and he smashed those worries. Hes the real deal man
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

THN has Benning at 52 on their final list. He's possibly trending upward but I still think we might have a shot at him in the third round. Maybe if he clears the second round Jim can make deal to move of a few spots...

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... -go-to-120
el rey del mambo
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:18 am THN has Benning at 52 on their final list. He's possibly trending upward but I still think we might have a shot at him in the third round. Maybe if he clears the second round Jim can make deal to move of a few spots...

What’s kinda funny is mike would be a pick they mouth breathers should like, he’s got lots of skill and high ceiling which is usually a good thing with those clowns. He’s the opposite of “meat and potatoes”. What’s interesting is he’s super buds with carter Savoie, both are playing in Denver next year.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:32 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:18 am THN has Benning at 52 on their final list. He's possibly trending upward but I still think we might have a shot at him in the third round. Maybe if he clears the second round Jim can make deal to move of a few spots...

What’s kinda funny is mike would be a pick they mouth breathers should like, he’s got lots of skill and high ceiling which is usually a good thing with those clowns. He’s the opposite of “meat and potatoes”. What’s interesting is he’s super buds with carter Savoie, both are playing in Denver next year.
If we take him, and if he pans out, i want to see them credit Brackett with finding this kid. That'd be about as good as internet gets for me.

Two big ifs of course, but...
el rey del mambo
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:37 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:32 am

If we take him, and if he pans out, i want to see them credit Brackett with finding this kid. That'd be about as good as internet gets for me.

Two big ifs of course, but...
That would be glorious.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

3rd round, I hope a dman falls from 2nd to 3rd round pick.

William Villeneuve
Ht/Wt:6' 1"/161 lbs
Position:RHD
Team: Saint John (QMJHL)

Eemil Viro
Ht/Wt:6' 0"/170 lbs
Position:LHD
Team: TPS U20 (FIN)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Starting play isn't close to happening yet. Bettmans got people talking but the draft should happen as close as possible to it's normal time.
It should really happen before free agency July 1st. Nothing is going to stop that date, you can bank on that.

By the way. The older guys will be more likely to get up to speed quicker than most young ones.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 am Starting play isn't close to happening yet. Bettmans got people talking but the draft should happen as close as possible to it's normal time.
It should really happen before free agency July 1st. Nothing is going to stop that date, you can bank on that.

By the way. The older guys will be more likely to get up to speed quicker than most young ones.
The swedes have been skating...they'll have the greatest advantage