2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14808
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:49 pm

Yeah that was a complete slew foot. No doubt about it. Meh... who gives a shit?
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2331
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by ESQ » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:52 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:49 pm
Yeah that was a complete slew foot. No doubt about it. Meh... who gives a shit?
It's also possible the non-call was due to the flop, which was totally over-the-top.

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2331
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by ESQ » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Topper wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:43 pm

Playing the puck was removed from the tripping rule a few years ago. A trip is a trip, even if the offending player to0uches the puck.
Really? The rule still says:
Accidental trips which occur simultaneously with a completed play will not be penalized.

The rule was changed in 2014 to include "diving" at the puck and tripping with your body, but it seems to me it still includes the exception for trips when the puck is played simultaneously.

I am not a rules expert so I could very well be wrong - in fact this was the first time I've even looked at the rule book!

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 10643
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by Topper » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:48 pm

ESQ wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:02 pm
Topper wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:43 pm

Playing the puck was removed from the tripping rule a few years ago. A trip is a trip, even if the offending player to0uches the puck.
Really? The rule still says:
Accidental trips which occur simultaneously with a completed play will not be penalized.

The rule was changed in 2014 to include "diving" at the puck and tripping with your body, but it seems to me it still includes the exception for trips when the puck is played simultaneously.

I am not a rules expert so I could very well be wrong - in fact this was the first time I've even looked at the rule book!
Scroll down to where it talks of penalty shots may be awarded and the differentiation with a 2 minute call

"If, in the opinion of the Referee, a player makes contact with the puck first and subsequently trips the opponent in so doing, no penalty shot will be awarded, but a minor penalty for tripping shall be assessed."

I recall mentioning the change when it was made as one that would throw some fans.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 20741
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by Strangelove » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7300
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:16 pm

:lol:

Gotta love Cam. If only it was a salt shaker...
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14808
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:40 pm

Who doesn’t love Cam?

Other than Jack Gordon, Tom Watt, Ulf Samuelson and the Dude
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7300
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:40 pm
Who doesn’t love Cam?

Other than Jack Gordon, Tom Watt, Ulf Samuelson and the Dude
I bet Barry Pederson isnt a big fan
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14627
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:56 am

It was basically that idiot Tom Watt who didn’t like Neely. He got the ball rolling on that trade by simply not liking Neely. This organizations biggest mistake and regret, IMO.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14808
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:06 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:56 am
It was basically that idiot Tom Watt who didn’t like Neely. He got the ball rolling on that trade by simply not liking Neely. This organizations biggest mistake and regret, IMO.
Hey, it made people quit talking about the Vaive and Derlago to Toronto blunder.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8021
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by micky107 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:33 am

Image
"evolution"

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14627
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:46 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:06 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:56 am
It was basically that idiot Tom Watt who didn’t like Neely. He got the ball rolling on that trade by simply not liking Neely. This organizations biggest mistake and regret, IMO.
Hey, it made people quit talking about the Vaive and Derlago to Toronto blunder.
Derlago was a notorious drunk I got stories about him and a lot of the Canucks back then, due to a certain watering hole they all liked back then, to the point they were barred from going there by the GM. But Derlago had off ice issues, but Vaive was a tough one to lose but Williams did bring an element to this team, wasn’t all bad but you got more good years out of Vaive.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14808
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:14 am

Billy D’s cousin is a good friend of mine. Hell of an athlete in his own right. He confirms that Billy was a boozer that smoked like a chimney but what a talent! He still had some 30 and 40 goal seasons playing on one knee. Denis Potvin garbage hit him and shredded his knee. Dirty POS. As good as the Islanders team was back in the day they were a team of dirty cunts. I loved watching Smyl piledrive Nystroms head into the ice in 82.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8021
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by micky107 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:14 am
Billy D’s cousin is a good friend of mine. Hell of an athlete in his own right. He confirms that Billy was a boozer that smoked like a chimney but what a talent! He still had some 30 and 40 goal seasons playing on one knee. Denis Potvin garbage hit him and shredded his knee. Dirty POS. As good as the Islanders team was back in the day they were a team of dirty cunts. I loved watching Smyl piledrive Nystroms head into the ice in 82.
Did you ever hear how that low
bridge hip check from DP effected him other that the knee injury itself.
I was at that game with my parents, I had flown in from where I was playing in the US to go to my Grand dad's funeral.
Billy didn't see it coming. A lot of the fans did though. There was a total hush. When Potvin made contact you could hear
his shin pad snap.
"evolution"

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7300
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Finals

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Fuck was that bellowing buffoon Brett Hull? :lol:
nobody focks...with the jesus

Post Reply